ARRAY(0xa8094f84)

Profile for Mr. Pj Armstrong > Reviews

Content by Mr. Pj Armstrong

Mr. Pj Armstrong "willyscarlet" (work)

Page: 1 | 2
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Price: 29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 21 Jan 2014
wasn't expecting this for the price, either with my mobile or a galaxy tab 2 the sound is awesome, who needs cd or a hifi

The Walkers
The Walkers
by Graham Masterton

1.0 out of 5 stars pap!, 19 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Walkers (Paperback)
nah, very good reviews, interesting subject matter and he touches on some fascinating areas, but goes into no detail, finished it but under duress. NoT a patch on Herbert (early), Brian Lumley or Barker. I've had more terror and sleeples nights from my 2 year old son!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2007 (PC)
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2007 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars changed my mind, 22 Mar 2008
well I have used ZA sec suite in the past, however had been using mcafee sec suite 2008 as of late, all good in general but wasn't happy with the slow down still so reloaded trial version of ZA. Other reviewers have suggested this is slow, don't agree after cleaning up spyware and a trojan mcaffee didn't pik up, now were running sweet. It's also just warned me about some critical info trying to be passed on, blocked it and have now filled the ID vault, this obviously worked. The only concern I have is maybe with the programme control not on full wack maybe were not totally secure, however with the layered security built in here it seems good. Bye bye mcafee, if you don't want the in your face kaspersky then get this, more user friendly and when at full power a solid protection suite. Web pages definitely load better than with mcafee and I haven't come across any of the suggested software annomolies so far?? Worth a try if your not insistent on the big guns looking after your security and slowing your pc down.
*********
I need to add some concerns here now, after only a couple of days use had some weird scan results, legitimate looking ptogrammes scanned as trojans, Ccleaner & Macromedia flashplayer 9?? Very odd, anyone else had this, also a warning from ID lock that a request was made for my bank sort code, worrying, the full system scans reveal nothing of any rogue programmes running, at least it was blocked what ever it was! But if it was a hacker, how did it get through the firewall, not so happy now despite a smooth running pc so far??
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2008 1:25 PM GMT

Dark Passion Play: Special Edition
Dark Passion Play: Special Edition
Price: 11.23

3.0 out of 5 stars just not quite sure.....so far?, 12 Oct 2007
well I have read all the reviews below, interesting, I have played this 3/4 times now. It's hard work, to be fair I am sure it will grow. On the whole it maybe a stroke of genius, this band have a reputation and a quality of music to hold up. Tara has gone and they follow up Once, wow, maybe an impossible task. So what do they do, a new singer and a brave change of sound and direction. Maybe genius, but very risky. A few bands can and have pulled this off, but not many. I am not sure if they have this time, but its a good effort. After all, why do the rock cliche thing and just produce another Once, they have gone out on a limb here and I would think the live shows may make or break them.
For me, if I had not heard any other albums by this band I would think it was ok, not mindblowing. But I have, so Iam a little disappointed. I am deeply hoping it will grow but it just doesn't do it for me. I have Oceanborn as well and when I listen to this it leaves me feeling good and happy with things. This new album doesn't do this, too disjointed with patches of brilliance. I am going give it a few more plays but an now ordering Wishmaster and Century Child to catch up and fill my collection. So long Tara, I don't know what went wrong but you will be missed. The guys need to nail it big time with a second album, or Once will have been the tops, they are talented enough? Get the earlier albums first
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2008 1:04 PM BST

The Dark Tower
The Dark Tower
by Stephen King

3.0 out of 5 stars the end...., 22 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Dark Tower (Paperback)
em, after reading all the reviews below I guess it is hard to please everyone. I have just finished this, it has taken some 3 years or so to complete the series. After reading the first 3 books, totally superb, it seemed an age for the continuation of the story to develope. But it was great to carry on rwading this epic saga. Wizard abd Glass finally came out. This worked a treat, was enteratining and really brought up to date Rolands early life. The Wolves and Susanahs song were ok, almost different stories in there own right but I agree with most of the views below they lack some of the sheer quality that the first 4 books have. At times things got almost too complicated for its own good.
And at last to the final chapter. I may have to read this again or maybe start from the beginning, (quite apt in it's way as Roland has started all over again....)as due to personal reasond, birth of my baby I have not been able to complete this in one go. But it's a great ending as such, it's ok overall but a bit lame, abit too easy after all that has gone on before. I think a reviewer picked up on this, how can Mordred and the all powerfull Crimson King be dismissed so easy. And what of Walter, he carries on into the next round but doesn't seem involved here. Who was/ is the Crimson King how did he get to the tower, alot of questions. Mayhap i'll need to read this set again. I guess many readers would want to have the ending their way. It's a long series and it's good to get an ending as such but too be honest it almost feels like we have been cheated which such an ending like this. I guess at least Mr King can be safe in the knowledge that he has no more to write on this saga, maybe also the break in writing didn't help but I think overall the story and it's cast are worth the effort.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2009 11:32 AM GMT

Blood Diamond [DVD] [2007]
Blood Diamond [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars top stuff, 20 Sep 2007
This review is from: Blood Diamond [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
the missus wanted to watch this, guess its a leonardo thing! Think we we're both surprised on what the film did, but I had a feeling it would be good. As it happened, it was better than good. Loved it, it has everything a good movie should have and a great ending. A touch harsh at times and very brutal, but true to what really happens in these countries. One for the dvd collection I think.

Blow Out: Remastered
Blow Out: Remastered

5.0 out of 5 stars rock n roll, 31 Aug 2007
This review is from: Blow Out: Remastered (Audio CD)
not the best demon album, but a real rocker, quite heavy at times, awesome song , Sacred Heart, if you like 80's Heavy Rock this is for you.

Oceanborn [European Import]
Oceanborn [European Import]
Offered by shakedownrecords
Price: 6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars a blast, 21 Aug 2007
the reviews below seem to cover it, I thought Once was something special and on the first listen of this cd I was a little disappointed.....second listen it hit ..BIG TIME. Third and subsequent listens have just blown me away, what a combination of music, even the walking on the air cover isn't out of place, probably better than the original. They have some fun as well, superb stuff all round. What are they capable of next, can they get any better.....??

The Silent Force
The Silent Force
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 8.41

5.0 out of 5 stars majestic stuff, 12 Aug 2007
This review is from: The Silent Force (Audio CD)
bought their latest album which I thought was very good. This though is a sheer masterpiece. Funny after listening to this and going back to The Heart of...it didn't quite grab me so much. This album has the melodies, sublime vocals and just enough heavy touches to keep you wanting more. Probably would appeal to anyone not just heavy merchants. What a voice, possibly the best ever. Buy it, put on the headphones, turn it up and dream away.....

After Forever
After Forever
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars better than I thought it would be, 24 Jun 2007
This review is from: After Forever (Audio CD)
listening to this right now, wasn't sure what to expect. Enjoying Within Temptation and Nightwish very much at the mo. These guys and lass sound a little different, I like the heaviness and the varied vocals. She has some talent! One minute operatic the next power rock, the next superb melody. Like it, I hear a little Dream Theatre now and again in the music, not a bad thing but this is very good, still think Nightwish maybe the best in this genre but these guys almost match the energy of that music and perhapse sound a little more up to date. Worth a listen.

Page: 1 | 2