Profile for Les W > Reviews

Confidence Treadmill - Pink
Confidence Treadmill - Pink
Price: 129.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy and dangerous, 16 April 2014
This is so loud that I cannot hear the television over the noise it makes. Sometimes it is just a loud harsh whirr and then other times it turns into a dreadful high pitched screaming sound that frightens the cat.

Also the belt slips a lot so it's not really safe to run on. It's OK for walking on.
Not recommended.

We R Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical Cross Trainer and Exercise Bike Fitness Cardio Workout with Seat - Black
Price: 82.22

3.0 out of 5 stars it's OK, I wish they sent all of the parts, 16 April 2014
It's OK for the price.

I found the assembly was fiddly but the instructions were OK, it was just time consuming.
It did not help that some of the parts were missing, i.e. one of the bolts and associated fixings for the stand. It will work without these, I'm glad it wasn't a crucial part that was missed from my order like some people have had. I mean how difficult is it to pack all of the right parts in the box, the manual tells you what to pack and it has pictures too!
I am having the devils own job trying to get we r sports to send me the missing bits as they do not have records of amazon orders and keep asking for pictures of what I have bought etc etc. But I will presevere and maybe I will have a full machine in the end.
I only bought it a month ago, these things take time.
One of the pedals was broken so I have superglued it together and it seems OK. It's all a bit make do and mend, but it didn't cost much so I can't expect much.

Anyway, it works OK. It is quiet, which is a blessing so I can use it when watching TV.
When you stand on it you have to lean forward, you don't stand level like on a gym cross trainer. At first you worry about toppling over, so it takes a bit of getting used to but after a while it becomes easy.

I've used a lot of cross trainers in the past and obv it's not as good as one in the gym but for the money I'd say it's not too bad, but I wish I had bought one of the other cheap ones just because of the missing parts and the hassle.

Panaracer Flataway Tyre Liner 26 Inch -
Panaracer Flataway Tyre Liner 26 Inch -
Offered by Cycle Surgery
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Still get punctures, makes absolutely no difference, 14 Mar 2014
I seem to get a puncture every week cycling along the canal so I bought this instead of getting kevlar tyres.
Within the week I had another puncture.
I think I should have bought the tyres instead.

FiiO E05 Headphone Amplifier (discontinued by manufacturer)
FiiO E05 Headphone Amplifier (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much difference, 13 Dec 2013
The difference it makes to the volume is so slight that it is not worth the bother.
I bought this so that I could listen to podcasts when out and about and actually hear most of the words, but sadly it makes very little difference. I have tried many different headphones with it.

Theme Park - NEW
Theme Park - NEW
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars money grabbing, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Theme Park - NEW (App)
I used to love this game so much when younger, I played it for days on the PC. But this version just seems designed to squeeze money out of you. Every time you want to build something it urges you to pay real money. Except it doesn't call it money, it asks if you want to buy tickets, it is heavily disguised that you will be forking over real cash, presumably to trick kids into buying things.
Don't download it for your kids, or you will end up in the same boat as those folks who let their kids play "free" games on the ipad and got huge bills. Methinks Amazon might not refund those in game purchases quite so readily.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 11:39 AM BST

Veho VCC-003 Muvi Micro DV Camcorder
Veho VCC-003 Muvi Micro DV Camcorder
Price: 29.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great little device, 6 Mar 2013
This device is very small, and the videos it takes are good enough. I wear it while cycling and can see numberplates etc on the videos. It also doubles as a webcam if you plug it into your PC.

There are a few cons:
1. It's not waterproof, but you can get a plastic case.
2. The interface for getting the videos onto your PC is very time consuming and clunky, it takes forever to download the videos. I find it easier to just pop out the micro SD and put it into a micro SD card reader .

I have had it for just under 6 months now, and it recently stopped working, it won't charge and there is no power. I contacted Veho directly, expecting them to offer to replace it, but they are giving me the run around big time at the moment. They are telling me to return it to Amazon, but it's outside of the 30 day window, so I am not very hopeful about this, though I've emailed Amazon anyway. Most manufacturers will take warranty repairs directly, apparently not Veho. It's only a cheap device, and I but somehow I expected more from Veho.
You only find out how good a company is when something goes wrong.

Update: Amazon refunded me in full! Thanks Amazon.

The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn
The Hornit 140 decibel Cycle Horn
Offered by The Hornit
Price: 34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, not very useful, 26 Feb 2013
I cycle in London, and often find that when I am cycling down main roads, drivers pull out from side roads on my left without looking. This has caused a few near misses and one actual collision, when the driver stopped so I thought he had seen me but then pulled out anyway at speed when I was halfway across the side road.
So I bought this horn with the idea that if these dorks don't look where they are going then at least they would be able to hear my horn and that might get their attention.
Unfortunately, this horn is not loud enough to be heard by car drivers. Also, it does not sound like a horn. The noise it makes is like the squeal of a rape alarm, a very high pitched squeak. I had hoped that it would make a noise like a horn, some sort of beep, but it doesn't.

It's not really much good for getting pedestrians attention either, although they are able to hear it. Pedestrians are used to hearing a bike bell and getting out of the way. I have a bike bell. When a pedestrian steps off the kerb onto the road in front of me I ring the bike bell and they get out of the way. They are used to that. Many pedestrians step into the road on autopilot without looking, relying on their ears to hear if a car is coming. A bike bell is an aural cue for them, and they usually hop back on the kerb.
When I use this horn, the wandering pedestrians have no clue that it is a bicycle horn, they look around quizzically wondering if somebody nearby is getting raped and sounding their rape alarm, by which time I have to stop to avoid running them over.

This horn was very expensive and I am concerned that other people will read the glowing reviews and think that it is suitable for use in heavy traffic situations. It really isn't. Maybe on a deserted quiet road it would be audible by car drivers, but then drivers would probably have the same problem as the pedestrians and not even know that it is a bicycle horn making that squeaky noise.

Maybe I can use it as a rape alarm.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 8:26 PM GMT

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Price: 17.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price, 26 Feb 2013
So so so much better than my Bose triports and so so so much cheaper.
The sound is as good as my friend's Dr Dres, but they don't look as cool. But then they are 260 cheaper.

VPlayer Video Player
VPlayer Video Player

1.0 out of 5 stars only a trial, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: VPlayer Video Player (App)
after some days the trial expires and you have to pay to get rid of the notice onscreen, why not say this on the download page?

UniWar HD
UniWar HD
Price: 3.18

2.0 out of 5 stars weighted towards the other side, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: UniWar HD (App)
difficult to play, when my soldier attacks the enemy causes zero damage. the enemy always has more credits than me so he has more tanks. why does my tank suffer massive damage fighting a soldier when enemy tanks have zero damage fighting my soldiers? unfair. maybe easier fighting your friends but the computer has programming to win.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3