Profile for Philip Piper > Reviews

Content by Philip Piper

Philip Piper "Da Chopfather" (Leicestershire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Jack White's Jukebox
Jack White's Jukebox

5.0 out of 5 stars A Proper Collection of Gems and Rarities !, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Jack White's Jukebox (Audio CD)
Some proper little gems on here - some you will know but most you won't .
Easy to see where Jack gets his inspiration from .
Lots of older bluesy stuff then some classics from The Stooges and MC5 - all good stuff !!

Sons of Anarchy - Season 6 [DVD]
Sons of Anarchy - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlie Hunnam

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed Box Set with plenty of twists and turns !!, 21 Oct 2014
We bought this as the UK TV networks never bought this series - more fool them !!
Action packed as always with plenty of twists and turns that keep you wanting more .
If you bought this then you are probably a fan so you know what you are getting .
Can't wait for Series 7 which unfortunately will be the last but all good things etc ..........

Sons of Anarchy Road Gear
Sons of Anarchy Road Gear
by Running Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Little Gift for Any SOA fan., 21 Oct 2014
Good little present here for any fan of the series . Good value for money .

Lazaretto
Lazaretto

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack White is the man !, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Lazaretto (Audio CD)
Wicked stuff . Jack White hits all the right notes and shows why he is the man !
Lots of different styles but all with killer guitar work . A worthy follow up album indeed - notwithstanding the mighty White Stripes of course !

Turn Blue
Turn Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and not a patch on El Camino !, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Turn Blue (Audio CD)
I was a real fan of the Black Keys and loved El Camino .
Unfortunately I don't feel the same about this album . Its lacklustre and has no spirit . The songs seem to drone on forever and go nowhere .
Played it once all the way through and shall probably never listen to it again .
Not for me I'm afraid. If this is the way they are headed then I'm off in the other direction .

Sons of Anarchy Live to Ride
Sons of Anarchy Live to Ride
by Running Press

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great lIttle gift for any SOA fan ., 21 Oct 2014
Good little book that I bought as a gift for a friend and she loved it .Not expensive and fans of the series will love it !

Songs Of Anarchy: Music From Sons Of Anarchy Seasons 1-4
Songs Of Anarchy: Music From Sons Of Anarchy Seasons 1-4

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good mixture of Evocative Songs, 19 Dec 2012
Not normally a fan of country rock which is what most of this collection comprises of . I've listened to it numerous times and really enjoy .
Several people I know who aren't bikers or paricularly fans of SOA have heard it and gone straight out and bought it !! Must say something .
I do love John the Revelator - my personal favourite.

Check it out !!

Speed Kings
Speed Kings
by Dirk Behlau

5.0 out of 5 stars More great pictures from Dirk and his mighty camera !!, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Speed Kings (Hardcover)
I love Dirk's photo books and I especially love the subject matter ie hot rod lifestyle which he has off to a tee !!

Loved it - bring on the next one .

Kustom Graphics II: More Hot Rods, Burlesque and Rock 'n' Roll
Kustom Graphics II: More Hot Rods, Burlesque and Rock 'n' Roll
by Ian C. Parliament

5.0 out of 5 stars More killer graphics and pictures., 19 Dec 2012
If you are looking for inspiration for tattoos or motorcycle or custom car artwork this is the book for you .
I have to say I was blown away with the first issue of this ie Kustom Graphics and I don't think this second issue is quite as good . Don't get me wrong its a great book and I don't regret the purchase I just feel that for me personally the first book had the better artwork . Whatever though they are both great if you like lowbrow artwork !!

The Ken Fox Hellriders: A Journey with the Wall of Death
The Ken Fox Hellriders: A Journey with the Wall of Death
by Gary Margerum

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Subject and some Ace pictures, 19 Dec 2012
I have to say I bought this ook on the basis of a written review in a custom bike magazine and I certainly wasn't disappointed . Very gritty lifestyle photography and super fascinating subject !! Loved it and have been backwards and forwards through it several times. Recommended .

Page: 1 | 2