Profile for Sue. > Reviews

Casio -BG-3002V-1ER - Ladies Watch - Digital Quartz - Black Fabric Strap
Casio -BG-3002V-1ER - Ladies Watch - Digital Quartz - Black Fabric Strap
Price: 61.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable watch., 13 Aug 2013
I bought this watch as I work in the construction industry and found I was using my phone to check the time and the phone was getting a lot of wear and tear.
The watch is very sturdy, the face isn't too large like the men's G Shock...it covers my wrist, easy to read and comfortable, my only complaint would be the strap is a little short.
The strap is very soft being fabric so I hardly notice I'm wearing it...plus being fabric it can be removed and rinsed clean under a warm tap when it gets grubby.
I'd definitely recommend this watch to any women who is looking for a strong practical watch for tough outdoor activities.

Soul Cages
Soul Cages
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 9.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving...., 10 May 2011
This review is from: Soul Cages (Audio CD)
This is a very moving album, written by Sting shortly after is parents died within a few short months of each other, it deals with death and grief so is quite dark and haunting. His lyrics are full of description you nearly feel you are standing on the dock like Billy in Island of souls watching the massive vessel slide down the ramp off to discover the world while he is destined to work the shipyards like his father before him. Very moving songs and a wonderful album even 20 years on.

The Pillars of the Earth
The Pillars of the Earth
by Ken Follett

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard work!, 10 May 2011
I have struggled to the end of this book, goodness voted the UKs best loved historical novel! I did alot of speed reading through this, Ken could have halved this novel and got the story told.
Bad writing, slow and repetitive and I'm afraid to say only for the dreadful sex scenes I might have thought I was reading a book aimed at a late teenage audience.
Pretty poor and I wasted two weeks on this.

The Night of the Big Wind
The Night of the Big Wind
by Peter Carr
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Irish history I didn't know about., 10 May 2011
"The big wind" was something I had heard of briefly in an interview on radio about the introduction of the state pension in Ireland by the British, when applicants were not sure of their date of birth they were asked did they remember the night of "The big wind" if the did they were judged to be around pension age.
You could just imagine the children playing out in the snow that had fallen the night before then eerily the temperature starts to creep up and the pressure rises and the air is so still you can hear voices up to three miles away, then that night the tempest starts to howl in, the descriptions of the devastation across the country is shocking-from west to east flattened. We have never witnessed it's like since. A great read and a little bit of unknown history they didn't tell us in school.

Aging with Grace: The Nun Study and the science of old age. How we can all live longer, healthier and more vital lives.
by David Snowdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it or lose it!, 10 May 2011
I really enjoyed this book, if proof were needed that using your brain and keeping socially active helps us keep our marbles approaching old age this is it. These ladies all were well educated and worked well beyond retirement which kept their brains sharp, also the TLC and company they received through the convent community made a huge difference. A great read, well worth buying!

Cemetery Stories: Creepy Graveyards, Embalming Secrets and the Life of a Corpse After Death
by Katherine M. Ramsland

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't read too much into this!!, 5 Jan 2011
I wish Bastets review had been published before I bought this laugh out load nonsense! It starts out well with detail of what starts happening at the moment of death and how the body starts to break down etc then moves onto preparing a body, funeral directors, burial and monuments. Then it starts to lose it's way and ramble from one questionable story to next....I found some of the stories involving necrophillia so disturbing I found it hard to believe a person could be so disrespectful to anothers remains. I would question alot of the stories in this.

Frozen in Time: The Fate of the Franklin Expedition
Frozen in Time: The Fate of the Franklin Expedition
by Owen Beattie
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A chilling mystery..., 5 Jan 2011
The chilling story of the Franklin expedition to sail the north west passage...they travelled with the best food and equipment available in their time but the very food they were consuming was slowly killing them, a gripping story I was hooked from start to finish...great detail of the exhumations and post mortems performed with great respect. I was sorry when I came to the end...one of the best books I have read in a long time.

A Christmas Carol (OST)
A Christmas Carol (OST)
Price: 16.30

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely soundtrack., 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: A Christmas Carol (OST) (Audio CD)
A really lovely soundtrack, beautiful pieces of music some creepy and full of dark Victorian atmosphere and some really jolly good fun.... If you enjoyed the film the CD is a great addition to your collection.

Neath RFC 1945 - 1996 (Archive Photographs: Images of Sport)
Neath RFC 1945 - 1996 (Archive Photographs: Images of Sport)
by Mike Price
Price: 11.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 5 Jan 2011
I bought this for my dad who is a huge Neath rugby supporter, now he follows the Neath Swansea ospreys, he really enjoyed this and knew of many of the players mentioned! He was in his element and enjoyed it so much I bought the other book in the series...highly recommended for the Neath rugby fan in your life!!

Frozen Britain
Frozen Britain
by Gavin Cooke
Price: 7.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..., 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: Frozen Britain (Paperback)
Alarmist/dramatic are some of the words that spring to mind when reading this, the many errors had me starting to lose faith in the book early on and I lost interest though did complete it.
Being a global warming non believer I felt once again us humans were being clobbered for a change in climate that has happened over and over since time began and will continue to do...disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2011 11:29 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2