Profile for janeg > Reviews

Fingernail Friends At The Zoo - Nail Stickers For Children
Fingernail Friends At The Zoo - Nail Stickers For Children
Offered by CuteBitz Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 7 Sep 2014
I sneaked these into my 5 year old daughter's bag when we went on holiday as a treat and she loved them. I was initially disappointed that there were only two complete sets, and felt a bit short-changed. However once stuck on they stayed on for almost two weeks and by week three there was just a couple left. A good stocking filler.

Disney Princess Fountain and Bubble Boat
Disney Princess Fountain and Bubble Boat
Offered by Online2Home

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, 22 Mar 2014
I don't recommend this product. I bought it as a Christmas present and couldn't wait for my daughter to open it, however on first use it was a total disappointment.
First time my daughter used it it just keeled over and looked very sad.
Tried it a couple more times, doesn't stay upright for long and the 'fountains' are just tiny spurts of water.
Total waste of money in my opinion.

Lilac Paper Party Bags (Pack Of 12)
Lilac Paper Party Bags (Pack Of 12)
Offered by Ultimate Events Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality., 22 Mar 2014
The paper is so thin and flimsy I struggled not to rip it putting the select of gifts I had.
Creases easily so if you fold them or have to re-open open them they don't look old at all.
Wouldn't have bought them had I know how flimsy they were.

Amscan International Mini Fan Decoration (New Purple)
Amscan International Mini Fan Decoration (New Purple)
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute., 22 Mar 2014
Petite, well-made, though could do with longer string attached.
Patterned paper ones would be good too.
Re-useable if you look after them.

Stelton 2 Litre Water Filter Jug, Smoke
Stelton 2 Litre Water Filter Jug, Smoke

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so useful!, 22 Mar 2014
Stylish - yes. Practical - not really.
The water that is filtered isn't actually 2 litres, so you have to constantly refill it, like 3-4 times a day.
There's no indicator as to when to change the filter, the handle isn't very comfortable (it looks solid in the photo, but actually it's got a very wide groove between the edges and therefore a bit uncomfortable), and lastly it doesn't poor very well at all. Wish I'd not got rid of my Brita water filter!

UK Apple MagSafe 85W Adapter Charger for MacBook Pro
UK Apple MagSafe 85W Adapter Charger for MacBook Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 23 Oct 2013
I bought this item approx 6 months ago. after just half an hour of charging the socket part of the adaptor is almost too hot to touch and handle, which must be a serious safety issue. Even though it has a 'QA PASS' sticker on it. Wouldn't buy another.

Andrew James Luxury Double Belgian Waffle Maker in Stainless Steel, Includes 1kg Andrew James Luxury Belgian Style Waffle Mix
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 2 July 2012
Item arrived very quickly. Relatively compact and neat product. Naturally I had to make waffles as soon as the product arrived, so I used the first recipe in the small booklet that comes with the maker. Takes a while to heat up, but when it does the temperature is super hot. The casing gets very hot too which is a shame and makes it just very slightly awkward to open. The recipe made 10 waffles (recipe forgets to tell you that), and as time went on I realised that the waffles cook quicker each time so it's important to note this fact. Approx 4 mins was the right cooking time from the first one, but decrease as you go on. There's no timer on the product which would be very helpful, but after a while you get feel for it and anyway you can open the maker up to gage the browness of the waffles. If you have them - a silcone brush is useful to brush out any crumbs and also a sturdy plastic scraper to scrape off those 'extra' bits that may ooze out of the machine.

Waffles are yummy and I'm looking forward to experimenting with ingredients. I bought this to mainly expand on my daughter's breakfast options and also I've seem a recipe for making rosti in waffle makers. I've added mashed banana to my waffle mix so it helps to get extra fruit into my daughter (unbeknown to her!), nice with a little honey on top.

Overall it makes decent waffles, happy enough with it so I would recommend it.

Dogs Don't Do Ballet
Dogs Don't Do Ballet
by Anna Kemp

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dogs Don't Do Ballet (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book, full of whimsy and and just delightful. I wasn't sure if it was too 'old' for my daughter (now two and a half), but it's one of her favourite books, to the point where she will dance around the house doing "Dogs do ballet Mumma!". The illustrations are lovely (I'm a sucker for some good graphics), and the story is easy to read, dramatise and embellish upon. We always read two books at bedtime and this one fits in nicely. A real winner that always has to go with us if we stay away anywhere.