Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

KS1 Discover & Learn: Science - Study & Activity Book, Year 1
by CGP Books

2.0 out of 5 stars No. For the love of childhood., 26 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big CGP fan. Back in the mid-nineties, when CGP started, I taught myself Maths GCSE using their clear and concise guide.

Now, as a teacher, I am a fan of their products and have particularly found their maths and English guides useful when getting to grips with the new curriculum.

HOWEVER, I take issue with this book. I cannot imagine schools purchasing it for pupils at £3.95 a pop. So that leaves me to think it's audience must be home learning.

It is a colourful guide and covers the basics, granted. But why, oh why would you want a Year 1 child sat at home working on it? If they're studying plants have them planting seeds, dissecting flowers, putting celery in food colouring, leaf rubbing. If they're studying materials, get them making things out of clay, freezing lollies, making a stained glass window out of sweet wrappers. There will be more learning and more fruitful discussion than dry cloze passages.

Don't buy this book! Go on pinterest! For the love of childhood.

L'Oréal Paris Extraordinary Rebalancing Facial Oil
L'Oréal Paris Extraordinary Rebalancing Facial Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up from an ex acne sufferer, 23 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This smells amazing! Like being at a spa. A lovely combination of essential oils.

As an ex-acne sufferer (we're talking ruaccotane) who has the odd break out, I was hesitant about putting oil on my face. But it is soon absorbed and a few weeks in I have had no ill effects. It provides a lovely smooth and soft base for my usual make up routine.

L'Oreal Paris Infaillible Eyeliner, Shimmering Black
L'Oreal Paris Infaillible Eyeliner, Shimmering Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 6 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love the precision tip. Really easy to use. No shimmering though.

L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Smokissime Number 100, Black Smoke
L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Smokissime Number 100, Black Smoke

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous!, 30 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Horrendous! Precision tip, my eye!
I looked like a complete clown after each of my two attempts. Akin to when little girls play with make up without their parents' permission. Not a good look for a girl in her mid 30s! Panda eyes only half describes it.
Awful!
The 'precision tip' is enormous and allowed no control whatsoever. I tried literally just the very tip but still ended up with scattered specks pf product all over my eyes.
My only positive comment is that it was easily removed with a wet wipe.

Maybelline Colossal Mascara 9.5 ml, Go Extreme Black
Maybelline Colossal Mascara 9.5 ml, Go Extreme Black
Offered by Cosmetics Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack lasting coverage, 25 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mascara is ok. Initially the colour and coverage is fine - although there is not the lift of my usual mascara - Clinique high impact curling mascara. Eyelash curlers recommended.
It looked good on initial application but within 5 hours was covering the base of my lashes but not the tips, leaving a little residue under my eyes.

TONI&GUY Limited Edition Fluid Metal Styler Giftset
TONI&GUY Limited Edition Fluid Metal Styler Giftset

2.0 out of 5 stars No competition for GHDs, 17 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My ghds were purchased for Christmas in December 2002. They are wonderful but, I must confess there are days when I panic that I may have left them on. No auto-shut off in the early noughties!

I was really pleased to receive a pair of Tony and Guy straighteners to review and happily took them on a week long holiday to Devon. That is where the happiness ended.

Peace of mind was gained from the auto shut off after 60 seconds. The heat mat was very useful to protect the holiday rental furniture, as was the bag, when I packed them hot to travel home.

BUT they just aren't as good as my ghds. For one thing, they are much heavier. Then there's the 'drag'. My hair does not travel through them as smoothly and easily. Then there's the fact that the end results just aren't as smooth and sleek.

The English coast in October does not lend itself to smooth sleek hair. Sadly these straightners weren't much cop to help with that.

Oral-B Pro 5000 Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity Powered by Braun

3.0 out of 5 stars Going back to Philips, 17 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the 4th electric toothbrush I have owned.
The third Oral-B.
I like it the least.
The battery life is poor. It needs charging every other day or so and often runs out mid-toothbrushing.
I find it really noisy. It has a loud, low, mechanical noise, which is quite overwhelming.
I still favour my Philips DiamondClean Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush. It is quieter and my teeth feel much cleaner after use.
I do, however, wish my Philips had the pressure sensor light of the Oral-B. Definitely a good feature.

Sony XDR-P1DBP Pocket DAB/DAB+ Radio - White
Sony XDR-P1DBP Pocket DAB/DAB+ Radio - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and perfectly formed., 17 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What blew me away about the Sony XDR-P1DBP is the size. The performance is great but so it should be considering the RRP! If you are in the market for a portable DAB radio this really is hard to beat and well worth the money. The convenience of having such a good unit take up so little space in your bag or pocket is a great selling point!

LeapFrog Number Loving Oven
LeapFrog Number Loving Oven

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute as a button, sturdy and educational too., 17 Dec. 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Number Loving Oven (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have our ups and downs with Leapfrog a as family.Some of their toys have quickly become house hold favorites but others were pretty poor for the money (I'm looking at you Leap Pad!). But The Number Lovin' Oven is a great little toy set for boys or girls. Firstly, hats off to whom ever came up with the title "number lovin' oven" as it is a delight to say (even when sober). I've had more pleasure saying "number lovin' oven" repeatedly under my breath then any of our family ever got from the LeapPad Ultra XD. But fabulous name aside, this is a charming, sturdy toy. It appeals to our children straight away and the educational stuff is nicely implemented. It's one of those toys that younger children have to hide so their elder siblings don't keep pinching it to have a play with. A great buy.

Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Shipwreck Rails
Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Shipwreck Rails

5.0 out of 5 stars Great train set with extra AWESOME, 17 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, Thomas wasn't like this when I was a kid! Which is either a travesty or a vast improvement depending on how you like your sentient steam trains. This is an awesome train set that is a lot of fun to play with. The children were enthralled. Set up is fine. This set has been subject to a few reductions lately so if you can pick it up for less than the RRP this is even better. Great Stuff!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20