Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "i did"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
by Astrid Lindgren

4.0 out of 5 stars which she fell in love with. She has enjoyed looking and reading through ..., 14 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our five year old is completely captivated by Pippi Longstocking - and is already planning to be her at the next 'World Book Day' dressing up day!

We recently read her the full unabridged version illustrated by Lauren Child, which she fell in love with.

She has enjoyed looking and reading through this version - but has said that Pippi 'doesn't look right in the pictures' and that 'it just stops'.
So perhaps this book is a good first introduction to Pippi but not a substitute for the full thing!

Taf Toys Cot Play Centre
Taf Toys Cot Play Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars No sicky babies allowed!, 14 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was drawn to this toy because I felt that the different uses of it would mean that it would grow with my child. However, I fear this longevity will be prevented because the little sound and light mouse cannot be removed for washing. Such a shame.

Aside from that it is proving to be very popular. A lovely variety of ribbons, textures, crinkles and pockets are good entertainment for busy fingers.

It's a shame the tunes on the mouse don't last a little longer - some are literally seconds long. Frustrating for a little one who hasn't mastered the button yet (and for a parent whose only aim today is to unload the dishwasher!!)

Brecon Botanicals Gin 70cl
Brecon Botanicals Gin 70cl

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine with tonic, 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Brecon Botanicals Gin 70cl (Wine)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am rather partial to a G & T (just the one Mrs Wembly) and found this mixes really well with Schweppes or Fever Few tonic to make a long drink. On it's own, with just ice, it's a little harsh and not as smooth as Gordon's, Hendricks or Bombay Sapphire.
The Botanicals element was a puzzle. I detected the citrus element, the ice and a slice helped with that, but didn't pick up on the Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clove or Saffron, that's suggested on the label.
Compared to Warners & Edwards Harrington Gin, with it's rich infusion of Cardamom, Coriander and Rosemary , this was a little bland. I would happily drink Harringtons on its own with ice, but this wasn't in the same league.
The bottle looked good and the labelling was clear. Similar in price to Bombay Sapphire, but given the choice, I would choose the Bombay, or better still pay extra for Hendricks or Warners & Edwards!!

Rexel A4 Mylar Index - Multicolour (Pack of 20)
Rexel A4 Mylar Index - Multicolour (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't use anything else. I used to get ..., 3 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I won't use anything else. I used to get so fed up of dividers ripping around the holes and eventuall the tabs. These are so robust and last and last.

Rexel A4 40 Pocket See and Store Display Books - Blue (Pack of 5)
Rexel A4 40 Pocket See and Store Display Books - Blue (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see a united front - they're brilliant, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So it seems I'm the third teacher to review these. Glad to see a united front - they're brilliant. Very durable and easy to separate the sleeves to add documents. I'm a big fan.

I use them at home for recipes I've torn out of mags and printed out. They keep them nicely in order and splatters wipe off nicely.

I also put my children's pictures and artwork in to make books for each year of their life.

I'm a fan.

Hippychick HC Turkish Baby Bath Towel (82 x 82 cm, Red/ White)
Hippychick HC Turkish Baby Bath Towel (82 x 82 cm, Red/ White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab for up to 2 years, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Certainly not big enough for a 3 year old - it only just fits my 'on the small side' 2.5 year old. That said, it's lovely and soft and nice and absorbent. We have a Hippychick waterproof sheet which we have been impressed with - this towel is similarly good quality.

Rexel Auto+ 300X Cross Cut Paper / CD / Credit Card Shredder with 300 Sheet Capacity, Jam Clearance and 40-Litre Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginnings of an office romance, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great shredder. High capacity waste tray, decent speed, cross cutting for greater privacy and better waste efficiency, not to loud, 300 sheets at a time. All good and as described in the marketing blurb.
But what I wasn't expecting was the atmosphere of awe this would cause in the office that lasted several days. This is absolutely true - colleagues were desperate to have a go with it. People were looking for stuff to shred and crowding around the viewing window. Never before have I known a stationary order cause such a whirl wind of pleasure and anticipation! So yeah, I think you should probably buy one.

BiC Conte Colouring Pencil (Tin of 24)
BiC Conte Colouring Pencil (Tin of 24)

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft nibs which give good coverage. Some colours look a little different than ..., 7 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really fab pencils. Some lovely, rich colours - not the candy/pastel range that you often find in colouring pencil packs. Soft nibs which give good coverage. Some colours look a little different than they appear on the nib - perhaps a coloured barrel would have been helpful.

Nintendo Licensed Luxe Case - Red ( Nintendo 3DS XL/DSi XL)
Nintendo Licensed Luxe Case - Red ( Nintendo 3DS XL/DSi XL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soft case!, 7 May 2015
I previously had a hard case but found it took up far to much space. This soft case holds just as many games and has the benefit of fitting in my coat pocket which my previous case didn't. It seems sturdy enough, I like the Mario design and it fits a New 3DS XL system too.

DelTex® USB Power Charger Cable For Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, DSi, DSi XL
DelTex® USB Power Charger Cable For Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, DSi, DSi XL
Offered by DMB Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenience comes at a cost, 7 May 2015
I was hoping this would be a good budget replacement for my old official 3DS charger. Unfortunately this cable takes far too long to charge the system, even 8 hrs connected to a wall socket USB adapter isn't enough time to fill the battery completely. Secondly the cable only works when the system is turned off or in sleep mode. I appreciate the cheap price, the convenience of it taking limited space in a pocket or bag and the ease of finding USB ports or adapters to charge the 3DS with. But I've found that I ended up getting frustrated and buying a proper wall charger as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20