Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 927

Amazon Customer "i did" (Bucks)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Galt Toys Nursery Trampoline
Galt Toys Nursery Trampoline

4.0 out of 5 stars NIghtmare to assemble but good now it's up!, 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Nursery Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a nightmare to put together! It states that two people are needed for construction - they're not wrong! Strength of the bear needed also!

Not to mention the screw which would not fit in the hole.

This is an attractive trampoline which our 2 and 5 year old (who is above the recommended weight, but seems fine) love.

The velcro tortoise head keeps coming off but is easily put back.

LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table
LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab (but more 6 month than 36 months), 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our 7 month old nephew came to play on Saturday. He did not leave this alone! He must have played with it for nearly an hour. He was transfixed by it!

It is billed as 6 months to 36 months. Although our 23 month old is not particularly interested. She has a little play but seems to prefer real books and her little keyboard.

The French function is a nice idea. Our 5 year old has enjoyed having a go and learning some French. She doesn't really believe that bleu is a real word!

Leifheit Pegasus M Classic 81514 Drying Rack
Leifheit Pegasus M Classic 81514 Drying Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bad backs!, 3 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a bit skeptical bout this dryer, I thought the design would take up too much space (and it does take up a lot more space then our other dryers). But the benefit of this style is that there is more room to hand the clothes out and to keep them separate. The Dryer itself is nice and sturdy, everything snaps out nicely. I'm very pleased with the results and I expect you will be too.

The height is fantastic. For a bad back sufferer I have really enjoyed being able to hang out clothes without needing to bend down.

It is extremely light too so very easy to lift and move.

Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale
Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but bo back-lit display., 2 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My trusty Salter scales have recently died (still 'work' but every consecutive reading is different so I take an average!)

I love that you don't have to step on and off to get a zero to start. You just hop on and get your reading.

I also like that if you shift a little, the weight changes. All past scales have come to a weight and then if you realise you're not quite on you have to step off. Step on to get zero and then try again!

The body readings haven't worked for me so far. I've tried after a shower but my feet obviously haven't been damp enough.

I am really missing the back-lit display of my Salter scales. When I hop on first thing in the morning, as the first one up, I can't see the reading without putting the light on.

Graco Evo Mini Pushchair 2014 Range (Berry)
Graco Evo Mini Pushchair 2014 Range (Berry)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review from a Petite Starr Zia user, 23 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have been using this buggy for 2 weeks now. We have a Petite Star Zia buggy - which is similar in style and price - so I will be making comparisons at times between the two.

Things I LOVE:
The handle. It is very easy to steer one handed which is very useful with a pre-schooler as well as a toddler. You can still hold a hand - something I missed with the Zia. However, it does mean you can't hang bags on the handle, unless you purchase a hook/carabiner for this purpose.

The ENORMOUS basket. The basket on the Zia is tiny and barely holds a thing. We went to the market last weekend and bought two big bags of fruit and veg. They handed them to me and it was then I realised that I did not have individual handles to hang them on. I was amazed when they both fitted under the buggy. Similarly, my changing rucksack can't be hung on the buggy but does fit underneath.

It folds down very easily and can be done one handed.

It is light (although not brilliantly small - see things I can't stand)

Things I CAN'T STAND:
The Zia folds down so small - a must for my very small Peugeot 207 boot. This buggy folds down easily and very flat but it is much wider and only just fits in my boot - the wheels have to mount the rubber seal of the boot slightly.

The bottom strap of the harness is so short. My 2 year old is an extremely petite 25th percentile child - and it is tight around her nappy. When her nappy is full it kind of wedges the nappy into two halves. I am still fiddling around with loosening the other straps to try and help with this - but no luck yet.

Should you buy this buggy over the Zia or similar? It depends on what you value in a buggy and this one does have lots of good points.If the strap wasdn't an issue I would give it 5 stars.

iStorage IS-FL-DAP-DB-8 datAshur Personal 8GB 256 Bit USB Flash Drive - Dark Blue
Offered by Kikatek

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fiddly buttons, 23 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Extremely fiddly buttons and larger than a normal memory stick. I get on much better with my Corsair encrypted USB.

swell Ultimate Volume Dry Shampoo
swell Ultimate Volume Dry Shampoo

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At £20 a pop, I didn't want to like this. I wanted to say that my Batiste dry shampoo is every bit as good . BUT...it's not! This stuff is awesome!

The powder is VERY fine - in fact when you spray it on, it looks like your head is smoking as you get little wisps coming up from your hair. Consequently, it really blends into the oils of your hair with no white or grey looking patches.

It has a very fine nozzle and a pump action so you can be very specific with application. It allows you to apply the smallest amount of powder or more with several pumps if you so desire.

I've used it every other day for a week and you can't see that much has gone from the bottle - so I think it will last a while. I'll let you know!

Busy B Kitchen Labels - Multicolour
Busy B Kitchen Labels - Multicolour

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for lunchboxes and the freezer, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These colourful stickers have proved lovely for little messages in my daughter's lunchboxes.

I have also used them on containers in the freezer (I've given in after one too many serving of bolognese on rice or curry on pasta!) and they seem to come off ok with a little soak.

Kipling Women's Halia TT A4 Shoulder Bag K10624B78 Black Pearl W
Kipling Women's Halia TT A4 Shoulder Bag K10624B78 Black Pearl W

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical but not beautiful, 10 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a busy teacher I was very taken with the idea of an A4 bag! The bag is a decent size - although it nowhere near holds enough for working in the education system. However, if you work in a less bureaucratic, 'paper for paper's sake' workplace, I'm sure you would find it more than adequate.

I really wish it has a zip in the middle section. Kind of defeats the point of waterproof lining when you've dashed to the car in the rain and the rain has leaked through either side of the magnetic clasp.

This bag is very practical - but just not very beautiful. For a similar price you could buy a gorgeous coloured leather satchel or similar. I feel a bit dowdy when I'm carrying it. Fingers crossed for John Lewis vouchers from the parents this Christmas - Radley here I come!

The Bone Clocks
The Bone Clocks
by David Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THE SPOILER-IFIC REVIEWS!!! Otherwise: excellent in places but proved to be an overwhelming disappointment., 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Bone Clocks (Hardcover)
First up, if you have any interest in reading this novel or any previous appreciation of David's Mitchell's work then please for the love of your own treasured self DO NOT read the press reviews, promo interviews or the publishers blurb!

The reason for a self imposed media blackout is simple; the best thing about The Bone Clocks is the mystery.
The press and publishers seem hell bent on ruining this by filling every column inch I've seen about it with spoilers, something I will try to avoid here. All you need to know is that it is similar in style and tone to Ghost Written and Cloud Atlas, a collection of novella's each from a different characters point of view that tell one collective story centering on a woman from Gravesend and that it fits in with Mitchell's interconnected "Uber Novel".

Sadly I think if you go into this book knowing too much about the story at it's center you are in for a lot of disappointment. You see The Bones Clocks is a lot like a lesser Harry Potter book (I'm looking at you Order of the Pheonix!) in that the best bits are the mystery, the characters and the back story. But once the climax strips those things away all you have are two groups of people throwing special effects at each other over a decidedly shonky McGuffin. And a down beat epilogue. A very downbeat epilogue.

Because you see dear reader once everything is explained and the fire works start flying everything is suddenly humdrum, predictable and dull dull dull. Yes, it deserves all 3 dulls. If the Bone Clocks were a movie the first 3 chunks would be directed by Paul Haggis, with the 4th and 5th by Michael Bay and Darren Aronofsky respectively.

At the half way point I hoped it would prove to be Mitchell's best novel and maybe even my favourite book of the last couple of years. It was a crying shame to see the story descend into Doctor Who levels of Techno Babble. I kept reading hoping that it would pick up again. It didn't. The Techno Babble is just nauseating.

Credit where it's due; Crispin Hersey is hands down my favourite fictional character of this decade. As an irascible author whose glory days are behind him Crispin is a walking cliche who has dedicated his life to deriding cliches. And he's fun too. I only wish Crispin had written the final 3rd of this novel. Sadly the Bone Collectors central plot is riddled with appalling cliches. I should have known from the moment in the opening when a character gives the heroine an apparently useless artifact with a rather large wink to the reader that I was in for a let down.

It's hard to know what else to say without ruining the story. I think on balance the characterization in the first two thirds of the novel is good enough to give this a go. But the finale is just dire followed by a feel bad depressi-logue that had me giving serious consideration to whether I want to read another David Mitchel novel.

On the whole I like David Mitchell's style but Cloud Atlas is still his only book that I felt emotionally involved with. I'm still hoping he can make me fall in love again with his next book, but after this one it will be a surprise.
Go on David, surprise me. Please.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20