Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "i did"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BiC Conte Colouring Pencil (Tin of 24)
BiC Conte Colouring Pencil (Tin of 24)

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft nibs which give good coverage. Some colours look a little different than ..., 7 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really fab pencils. Some lovely, rich colours - not the candy/pastel range that you often find in colouring pencil packs. Soft nibs which give good coverage. Some colours look a little different than they appear on the nib - perhaps a coloured barrel would have been helpful.

Nintendo Licensed Luxe Case - Red ( Nintendo 3DS XL/DSi XL)
Nintendo Licensed Luxe Case - Red ( Nintendo 3DS XL/DSi XL)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soft case!, 7 May 2015
I previously had a hard case but found it took up far to much space. This soft case holds just as many games and has the benefit of fitting in my coat pocket which my previous case didn't. It seems sturdy enough, I like the Mario design and it fits a New 3DS XL system too.

DelTex® USB Power Charger Cable For Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, DSi, DSi XL
DelTex® USB Power Charger Cable For Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, DSi, DSi XL
Offered by DMB Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenience comes at a cost, 7 May 2015
I was hoping this would be a good budget replacement for my old official 3DS charger. Unfortunately this cable takes far too long to charge the system, even 8 hrs connected to a wall socket USB adapter isn't enough time to fill the battery completely. Secondly the cable only works when the system is turned off or in sleep mode. I appreciate the cheap price, the convenience of it taking limited space in a pocket or bag and the ease of finding USB ports or adapters to charge the 3DS with. But I've found that I ended up getting frustrated and buying a proper wall charger as well.

Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Brush. Whitening really works!, 7 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really impressed with this one. I've had Oral B electric tooth brushes before and got on well with them but this model does everything better. It has all best features of the last Oral B I bought; the red sensor light to stop you brushing to hard, the timer to keep you from brushing sectors of your mouth to long and a decent tactile handle. What impressed me here is that it comes with 3 different brush heads and the different rotation speeds you can activate. I've mainly used the whitening brush head and was amazed that it actually has greatly reduced pre existing brown stains from my teeth. My one gripe is that the battery charge doesn't last very long so I'm having to re charge it every other day. But overall I'm very satisfied with this brush and I would definitely recommend it.

The Accidental Prime Minister
The Accidental Prime Minister
by Tom McLaughlin

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, my daughter.... not so much., 7 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well this one certainly split the audience! I really enjoyed reading it with my 5 year old. I enjoyed the quirky humor and elements of children knowing better than adults. It reminded me of Roald Dahl. My daughter however was not impressed despite being interested in the real Prime Minister, the general election and loving Dahl. She said she found it boring which surprised me. So I recommend it for whimsical adults but not for canny children.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars good quality sound but limited choice of playback sources, 27 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Out the box - the contents were nice and simple, the unit itself, a power cable, some tiny mounting brackets and a few bits of paper.
The quick start guide was nice and simple. The process was a bit of a pain - it wouldn't recognise my router details but after a few restarts I was away.

I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber so connecting with Spotify was super easy.

I was very impressed with the sound quality- really rich and fills the room. I've been using a portable Bose wireless speaker that I love but this surpasses the quality. Have tried out a few genres - from Ryan Adams to Andy C and all sounds sweet.

The unit isn't the most beautiful thing and it is quite big, but it isn't ugly - doesn't stand out too much.

Having tried Spotify I tried to play from other audio sources I use. BeyondPod for podcasts, BBC Iplayer radio etc. I can't find a way. After some digging around it seems there isn't one. And the Panasonic app is awful. I don't have huge music collection on my phone but if I did navigating it through their app would be a real pain.

Overall - good quality sound but limited choice of playback sources means this offers poor value for money. I guess I could plugin via an aux in cable to listen to other stuff but seems to defeat the point of a wireless speaker. Panasonic need to do a better job.

Barbie Princess Power Superhero Vanity Playset
Barbie Princess Power Superhero Vanity Playset

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 minute wonder. Maybe it's better if you've seen the film., 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sent this to review. My children love their dolls so it seemed like a good fit.
Knowing nothing about the Barbie Princess Power Superhero movie I opened this box imaging it to be just a dolls dressing table. so imagine my surprise and growing horror when I opened a draw that caused the top section to flip up and reveal that Barbie has a high tech surveillance system. It was only on examing the box more carefully that I discovered that this is all part of some new regal superhero thing that Barbie does these days and not evidence of paranoia or voyeurism. The weirdest thing about the dressing table is that children are encouraged to put a smart phone inside the frame and pretend that Barbie is watching whatever is on screen. I am really struggling with that as a concept. In my day dolls had plastic TVs with stickers for screens. What was wrong with that?
The toy itself has seen very little love from my children. They have played with the accessories (it comes with princess/superhero gauntlets, eye mask and tiara) but barely touched the dressing table itself. They were excited when we set it up but that initial enthusiasm hasn't translated into much time playing with it.
The build quality and value are what most Barbie house holds expect from this kind of play set; you don't get much for your money and it won't stand up to a lot of heavy play, or being dropped.
But if your Barbie dolls are desperate for a new dressing table with built in radar, CCTV feeds and space for your iPhone this is the product for you!

Igenix IG3960 Under Counter Larder Fridge, 48 cm
Igenix IG3960 Under Counter Larder Fridge, 48 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as an overflow fridge but flawed as a sole fridge., 10 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a larder fridge - a fridge with no ice box/freezer drawer.

We are using it under our counter for drinks, special offers and overflow. It suits this purpose perfectly.

It is lovely and quiet which we are very grateful for. We find the kitchen can get very noisy with dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier and fridge/freezer all humming at once.

My reason for 4 stars, rather than 5, is that I think you could struggle with dimensions if this was your sole fridge. The door storage is very narrow and does not allow large bottles eg 4 pints of milk. The salad box would also be an inadequate size for us. It's hard to tell from the picture but it's less than half the depth of the fridge.

Igenix IG8010 Single Hotplate 1,500 W - White
Igenix IG8010 Single Hotplate 1,500 W - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Obtained for use in a school, this nifty hot ..., 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Obtained for use in a school, this nifty hot plate does just the trick. So far boiling ice and water has been successfully demonstrated to eager pupils!
However, a word of warning - the whole unit gets extremely hot - not just the plate - making it very hard to move until it's completely cooled down.

AmiGami Bird Figure
AmiGami Bird Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Our 5 year old spent a happy wet Sunday afternoon playing with this craft toy, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Bird Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our 5 year old spent a happy wet Sunday afternoon playing with this craft toy. She finished it quite simply and quickly, but with encouragement went back and added further layers. She was really happy with the finished outcome.

It's a shame it doesn't come with a simple storage box/wallet/bag for the unused pieces. I think the chances of us keeping the safe for another image makeover are remote!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20