Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "i did"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Expecting Twins? (One Born Every Minute)
Expecting Twins? (One Born Every Minute)
by Mark Kilby

4.0 out of 5 stars it gives really useful testimonies/insights from twin parents - and the photographs are ..., 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am rather partial to a TV series book - How clean is your house the book, GIllian MCkeith the book, What not to wear the book - they've decorated my shelves before making their way to the charity shop.

This, however, is a different league! A genuinely informative and helpful book. Rather than anecdotal references, it gives really useful testimonies/insights from twin parents - and the photographs are lovely.

I have passed this book on to a friend who is a second time mum expecting twins. She found it very helpful although did comment that a few more tips on caring for your twins might have been useful. Whilst it does go on from pregnancy/birth to caring for our babies, it is definitely weighted towards the former.

Pampers Mega Plus Baby-Dry Pants - Size 6, Pack of 76
Pampers Mega Plus Baby-Dry Pants - Size 6, Pack of 76

4.0 out of 5 stars We love Pampers and have always favoured this brand, 2 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We love Pampers and have always favoured this brand.

These baby-dry pull-ups on the whole, don't disappoint. The 'smocking' makes them so soft and flexible that they really do seem very comfortable for our daughter.

However - the animal print is a litle 'babyish' for our (slow to potty train!) 2.5 year old. She has had Minnie/Cinderella huggies and Dora pull-ups in the past and seems to view the animals as a bit of a demotion! Would it be possible to have something a bit more 'grown-up' on the size 6 version, Pampers?

Also - despite their flexibility we have still had odd occasions of leaking - this seems to be common in all pull-ups whenour daughter sits in a kind of lunging position to play.

The Little Book of Colouring: Tropical Paradise: Peace in Your Pocket
The Little Book of Colouring: Tropical Paradise: Peace in Your Pocket
by Peace in Your Pocket

4.0 out of 5 stars I have always loved colouring and am so pleased it's in vogue, 2 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always loved colouring and am so pleased it's in vogue! I find it a good activity for the evening - better then playing on my phone (not good for sleeping) or snacking (not good for the waistline)!

This is my second adult colouring book and I do like the small (slightly smaller than A5) size which is good for colouring on a lap rather than at a table. However there are issues with the binding - you have to kind of break the book open to get into it!

I'm not entirely convinced by the quotes - not especially inspirational.

I also find the grey lines not ideal for evenings as I need to have the light on quite brightly to see them well.

ScratchSleeves | Stay-on Scratch Mitts for Children | Cream/Pink | Sizes from 5 to 8 years
Offered by ScratchSleeves

5.0 out of 5 stars Picker perfect, 28 Aug. 2015
My daughter is a picker. These little beauties (along with coconut oil) got us through chicken pox scar free! We are on our third pair.

Speedo Women's Sculpture Contour 1 Piece Swimsuit
Speedo Women's Sculpture Contour 1 Piece Swimsuit
Price: £8.40 - £53.68

3.0 out of 5 stars ... replacing my existing costume (which has lasted 20 months) like for like (albeit a different colour stripe), 28 Aug. 2015
I bought this costume thinking I was replacing my existing costume (which has lasted 20 months) like for like (albeit a different colour stripe). However this does not live up to its predecessor. I swim front crawl at a moderate speed and this costume allows the water to gush in and then there are falling out issues! The only way I can wear it is with the adjustable straps on their tightest setting - and then the under bust stripe/shaping is not quite in the right position. It makes me wonder if this is the same quality as the first as I paid nearly £40 for that.

Love You GRANDMA: doodle & dream
Love You GRANDMA: doodle & dream
by Christina Rose

4.0 out of 5 stars There is a nice variety of simple and more complicated patterns, 28 Aug. 2015
So lovely! I bought this for my daughter to give to her Grandma. We went through the quotations first and then I jotted down on the pages her little comments about them. For example, there was one that said something along the lines of 'Grandma never run out of cuddles and cookies' - my daughter commented 'or apple juice!' - her drink of choice at Grandma's!

Attached is a picture of them colouring it together. There is a nice variety of simple and more complicated patterns.

My only criticism would be that some of the quotations are rather Americanized.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philips HR1868/81 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 700 Watt - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A monster!, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third juicer we have used.

The first was over 7 years ago and a total disaster! It took (practically) hours to clean and was only used once.

Our next was the Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre which was a great success and was regularly used and loved. So we were really pleased to be given the chance to review this updated model.

For us, there are two main advantages to this model - the first being the wider feeding tube allowing you to quickly throw anything in - even whole apples. The second is the flushing/cleaning system. It still takes more than the stated one minute to clean, but the water flushing helps.

On the con-side, half a litre doesn't sound like much - but this thing is seriously monstrous! Much too big to leave out on the counter like our smaller model. You would need to have a lot of counter space or a need to juice 2.5 litres at once. As a family of four with no fruit trees, we have never come near filling the jug! Everyone like a different combination of juices so we tend to make one at a time. In addition, we have had the odd sliver of apple pip coming out.

Rexel Advance A4 Customisable Polypropylene Folder - Navy (Pack of 5)
Rexel Advance A4 Customisable Polypropylene Folder - Navy (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great. If you have a use for them., 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the look of these which is why I asked to have a packet to review. But now that I've got them I haven't a clue what to do with them! So my stationary obsession has led me astray this time. That said they are very nicely made and seem sturdy. So if you think this is something you will actually use then go for it. But as for me I'm still using clear plastic file inserts.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier WE
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier WE

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and comfortable. A massive improvement over the previous design!, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now this is more like it! This is our 3rd Babybjorn and it's hands down the best yet. I have always been very satisfied with the look, the sturdy feel and the comfort of their carriers but the design of the fastening mechanism has often been very complicated. The case in point is the last model, particularly using it to carry a toddler on your back. It was an insanely complex affair to strap them in and swivel the carrier round from your front to your back. We found it a 2 person which made it impossible to recommend. This model is a massive improvement!!! Babybjorn have up dated the design and I addressed all of my previous complaints. I love this carrier, it's a great hard wearing piece of kit and I can't recommend it strongly enough. I would definitely recommend up grading to this carrier if yo have the previous models and are considering a change. If this is your first carrier you are in very good hands here.

King of Flash iPhone 6 Black 4.7" 2014 Premium Quality Sports Armband for Jogging, Running, Gym, Cycling with Key Pocket - Universal Size
Offered by KING OF FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice. If you like this sort of thing., 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a recent convert to running this is my first experience of jogging with an arm band. It's a decent enough bit of kit but it's definitely not for me, I've tried it a couple of times and I'm happier with my iphone in my pocket. I found the position of the head phone cable got in the way of my arm and I didn't enjoy doing impressions of Buzz Light Year firing his arm laser when I wanted to do simple things like change the music I was listening to.
So why 4 stars? It does the job it was made for so if this your sort of thing when you should be fine. The little pouch for a key is handy too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20