Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "i did"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Love You GRANDMA: doodle & dream: A beautiful and inspiring adult colouring book for Grandmas everywhere
by Christina Rose

4.0 out of 5 stars There is a nice variety of simple and more complicated patterns, 28 Aug. 2015
So lovely! I bought this for my daughter to give to her Grandma. We went through the quotations first and then I jotted down on the pages her little comments about them. For example, there was one that said something along the lines of 'Grandma never run out of cuddles and cookies' - my daughter commented 'or apple juice!' - her drink of choice at Grandma's!

Attached is a picture of them colouring it together. There is a nice variety of simple and more complicated patterns.

My only criticism would be that some of the quotations are rather Americanized.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philips HR1868/81 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 900 Watt - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A monster!, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third juicer we have used.

The first was over 7 years ago and a total disaster! It took (practically) hours to clean and was only used once.

Our next was the Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre which was a great success and was regularly used and loved. So we were really pleased to be given the chance to review this updated model.

For us, there are two main advantages to this model - the first being the wider feeding tube allowing you to quickly throw anything in - even whole apples. The second is the flushing/cleaning system. It still takes more than the stated one minute to clean, but the water flushing helps.

On the con-side, half a litre doesn't sound like much - but this thing is seriously monstrous! Much too big to leave out on the counter like our smaller model. You would need to have a lot of counter space or a need to juice 2.5 litres at once. As a family of four with no fruit trees, we have never come near filling the jug! Everyone like a different combination of juices so we tend to make one at a time. In addition, we have had the odd sliver of apple pip coming out.

Rexel Advance A4 Customisable Polypropylene Folder - Navy (Pack of 5)
Rexel Advance A4 Customisable Polypropylene Folder - Navy (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great. If you have a use for them., 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the look of these which is why I asked to have a packet to review. But now that I've got them I haven't a clue what to do with them! So my stationary obsession has led me astray this time. That said they are very nicely made and seem sturdy. So if you think this is something you will actually use then go for it. But as for me I'm still using clear plastic file inserts.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier We
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier We

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and comfortable. A massive improvement over the previous design!, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now this is more like it! This is our 3rd Babybjorn and it's hands down the best yet. I have always been very satisfied with the look, the sturdy feel and the comfort of their carriers but the design of the fastening mechanism has often been very complicated. The case in point is the last model, particularly using it to carry a toddler on your back. It was an insanely complex affair to strap them in and swivel the carrier round from your front to your back. We found it a 2 person which made it impossible to recommend. This model is a massive improvement!!! Babybjorn have up dated the design and I addressed all of my previous complaints. I love this carrier, it's a great hard wearing piece of kit and I can't recommend it strongly enough. I would definitely recommend up grading to this carrier if yo have the previous models and are considering a change. If this is your first carrier you are in very good hands here.

King of Flash iPhone 6 Black 4.7" 2014 Premium Quality Sports Armband for Jogging, Running, Gym, Cycling with Key Pocket - Universal Size
Offered by KING OF FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice. If you like this sort of thing., 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a recent convert to running this is my first experience of jogging with an arm band. It's a decent enough bit of kit but it's definitely not for me, I've tried it a couple of times and I'm happier with my iphone in my pocket. I found the position of the head phone cable got in the way of my arm and I didn't enjoy doing impressions of Buzz Light Year firing his arm laser when I wanted to do simple things like change the music I was listening to.
So why 4 stars? It does the job it was made for so if this your sort of thing when you should be fine. The little pouch for a key is handy too.

Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
by Astrid Lindgren

4.0 out of 5 stars which she fell in love with. She has enjoyed looking and reading through ..., 14 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our five year old is completely captivated by Pippi Longstocking - and is already planning to be her at the next 'World Book Day' dressing up day!

We recently read her the full unabridged version illustrated by Lauren Child, which she fell in love with.

She has enjoyed looking and reading through this version - but has said that Pippi 'doesn't look right in the pictures' and that 'it just stops'.
So perhaps this book is a good first introduction to Pippi but not a substitute for the full thing!

Taf Toys Cot Play Centre
Taf Toys Cot Play Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars No sicky babies allowed!, 14 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was drawn to this toy because I felt that the different uses of it would mean that it would grow with my child. However, I fear this longevity will be prevented because the little sound and light mouse cannot be removed for washing. Such a shame.

Aside from that it is proving to be very popular. A lovely variety of ribbons, textures, crinkles and pockets are good entertainment for busy fingers.

It's a shame the tunes on the mouse don't last a little longer - some are literally seconds long. Frustrating for a little one who hasn't mastered the button yet (and for a parent whose only aim today is to unload the dishwasher!!)

Brecon Botanicals Gin 70 cl
Brecon Botanicals Gin 70 cl

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine with tonic, 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Brecon Botanicals Gin 70 cl (Wine)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am rather partial to a G & T (just the one Mrs Wembly) and found this mixes really well with Schweppes or Fever Few tonic to make a long drink. On it's own, with just ice, it's a little harsh and not as smooth as Gordon's, Hendricks or Bombay Sapphire.
The Botanicals element was a puzzle. I detected the citrus element, the ice and a slice helped with that, but didn't pick up on the Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clove or Saffron, that's suggested on the label.
Compared to Warners & Edwards Harrington Gin, with it's rich infusion of Cardamom, Coriander and Rosemary , this was a little bland. I would happily drink Harringtons on its own with ice, but this wasn't in the same league.
The bottle looked good and the labelling was clear. Similar in price to Bombay Sapphire, but given the choice, I would choose the Bombay, or better still pay extra for Hendricks or Warners & Edwards!!

Rexel A4 Mylar Index - Multicolour (Pack of 20)
Rexel A4 Mylar Index - Multicolour (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't use anything else. I used to get ..., 3 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I won't use anything else. I used to get so fed up of dividers ripping around the holes and eventuall the tabs. These are so robust and last and last.

Rexel A4 40 Pocket See and Store Display Books - Blue (Pack of 5)
Rexel A4 40 Pocket See and Store Display Books - Blue (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see a united front - they're brilliant, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So it seems I'm the third teacher to review these. Glad to see a united front - they're brilliant. Very durable and easy to separate the sleeves to add documents. I'm a big fan.

I use them at home for recipes I've torn out of mags and printed out. They keep them nicely in order and splatters wipe off nicely.

I also put my children's pictures and artwork in to make books for each year of their life.

I'm a fan.