Profile for Brian Todd > Reviews

Content by Brian Todd

Brian Todd (Dundee, Scotland)

Crown 2.4Ghz Wireless Controller (PS2)
Crown 2.4Ghz Wireless Controller (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless PS2 controllers, 7 Oct. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
There's not really much that can be said about these controllers.

They're wireless, they work, the dualshock effect is strong and the build quality is good, although they're not quite up to the quality of the original Sony controllers.

If you're after decent wireless controllers for your PS2, I'm sure you could do much worse than these guys.

True Norwegian Black Metal : We Turn in the Night Consumed by Fire
True Norwegian Black Metal : We Turn in the Night Consumed by Fire
by Peter Beste

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Black, 4 Aug. 2011
I'll keep this brief as I am sure that the huge majority of people that are looking at this item are already aware of the book's contents.

In this book, Peter Beste shows his true admiration for the Norwegian Black Metal scene. The photos can be outstanding, hilarious, candid or any combination of these; providing a true insight into the sometimes mysterious world of Black Metal.

The book is beautifully printed on heavy stock and looks like it could easily withstand a lifetime of browsing. The inclusion of Slayer Magazine pieces about Black Metal's early days and the outrageously incorrect "Kerrang" articles at the back of the book were a surprising and very welcome bonus.

I heartily recommend this book to any fan of Norwegian Black Metal.

Dingoo A320 Emulator Console-White
Dingoo A320 Emulator Console-White

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful, fun and does what it says on the box., 5 May 2011
I've always had fun playing around with emulators on my home PC. Reliving those classic console and arcade gaming moments at home is a great way to waste a couple of hours of free time.

Lately I've been investigating some of the emulator handhelds that have been becoming more readily available in recent times. Top of the list was, unsurprisingly, the Open Pandora; however this is an expensive unit and I couldn't justify the price of this for playing some emulators on the move. So... I started to shop around and remembered a review by the mighty Ashens on YouTube that referred to the Dingoo A320. He liked the kit but pointed out a few flaws in the preloaded emulators so I did some further research. This brought me to the great little online community that has grown up around the Dingoo and also informed me that most (if not all) of the flaws mentioned by Ashens had been dealt with.

After all this, I took the plunge and bought a Dingoo A320. And what can I say? It's exactly what I wanted from the device. It looks good, feels comfortable in the hands, and with a little playing around (this is no plug and play console like a PSP or DS) it runs all of the games I could ever want to play through emulation.

So, in short, if you're not worried about rifling through the web to find the best ways of setting up a gaming device and even if you want to try out some hardware hacking or homebrew then you could do much worse than the little Dingoo.

Initial D Vol.2 [2003] [DVD]
Initial D Vol.2 [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Initial D

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiw long?!, 10 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Initial D Vol.2 [2003] [DVD] (DVD)
Dear Amazon, do we really need to wait until the 1st of January 2020 for this to be released?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2010 11:55 AM BST

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
Offered by gamesaficionado

1.0 out of 5 stars Online? Really? You wouldn't know..., 6 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've bought and played all of the Gran Tursimo games to death. I've enjoyed all of them and was excited about GT5 Prologue being released.
One of the big reasons for me buying Prologue and not holding off until the full game release next year was the opportunity to race against my mates online.
Unfortunately you need to update the game before this can happen, and that's the problem. I've owned the game for almost a week and have tried to update it around a hundred times (no exaggeration) to no avail.
So much for online play, updated motorsport news feeds and hours of motoring related TV downloads for free.
I'm missing half of my game, Sony. Get it sorted.

1/5 because of the online problems.

5/5 for offline as I can't get enough GT
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2008 6:35 PM BST