Profile for Ben > Reviews

Content by Ben

Ben "Tillekaratne" (West Midlands, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
13 Minutes (English Subtitled)
13 Minutes (English Subtitled)
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem of a war movie, 27 July 2016
Moving, powerful and occasionally brutal. Storytelling at its best.

Northmen - A Viking Saga [DVD]
Northmen - A Viking Saga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Really rather awful, 8 July 2016
I love the vikings. The Viking Age is my favourite period of history. When there's fantastic stuff like the TV show "Vikings" on offer, the bar is set pretty high.

Northmen features a pretty exciting opening scene at sea in a storm. After the opening title fades, the promise ends. From a tedious story with no interesting plot twists, to atrocious acting, to poor costumes and props, to characters you really couldn't given a stuff about, Northmen really is a great way to waste an hour and a half.

WIG ME UP - Party/Fancy Dress/Halloween Wig & Mustache Grandpa Grampa Old Professor Mad Scientist
Offered by VK Event Fashion_1

5.0 out of 5 stars It's way better than the picture suggests, 25 May 2016
I needed an Einstein wig at short notice and this was the only Prime delivery one I could find. I took the risk even though the picture makes it look pretty awful. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the wig part fit my enormous head easily, and the moustache and eyebrows stuck on with no problems either. I may need some double-sided sticky tape for them if I'm ever going to wear them again, and they took a few of my actual eyebrows with me when I ripped them off, but overall it was an awesome purchase!

High Speed Puzzle Cube (Tanbi Puzzles RC100) 3x3 Stickerless (3 By 3) Magic
High Speed Puzzle Cube (Tanbi Puzzles RC100) 3x3 Stickerless (3 By 3) Magic
Offered by DReMarket

5.0 out of 5 stars A very speedy cube indeed, 25 May 2016
After I broke my old cube, I decided to give this one a try. On my first solve I beat my previous best time. The old cube I had was quick, but this one's even quicker. After trying a few brands, this one is amongst my favourites. I've not had it for long, but it feels well-built and I'm hoping it will last.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great..., 22 May 2016
The hand mount is mostly okay, but the mount itself doesn't feel firmly fixed. There's a little bit of give in it which causes additional 'wobble' when the camera is fixed on top. The glove also feels quite large. If you attach it to a small hand, the Velcro fastening straps don't really do enough to secure it to the hand. At £10, I'd expect a bit more.

Allegiant [Limited Edition - Exclusive to Amazon] [DVD] [2016]
Allegiant [Limited Edition - Exclusive to Amazon] [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Shailene Woodley

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful. Just awful., 12 April 2016
I bought the second film in the series in some kind of "5 for £30" offer, not knowing anything about it. Before watching it, I found out there was one before it. I bought Divergent so I wouldn't be confused in Insurgent. Divergent was okay. It had enjoyable elements, but it was mostly a movie of people jumping on and off trains.

The sequel, "Train Jumping 2.0" actually had less train jumping in, and even less of a story than the first one. Unfortunately, Allegiant had no train jumping whatsoever. It also had no story whatsoever.

Maybe that's unfair. It did try to have a story, but it went nowhere. Great chunks were missed out, and things happened suddenly that made absolutely no sense when you considered the other events around them.

The characters are awful (example: the heroine is meant to be non-conformist and all she does in most of this film is what other people tell her), the acting is sub-par, and the movie budget clearly had about 90% of its cash alloted to special effects.

I wasted a tenner seeing this in the cinema, don't waste that much buying the DVD.

ZVEZDA Sp Gun ISU-152 1:35 - Model Kit Z3532
ZVEZDA Sp Gun ISU-152 1:35 - Model Kit Z3532
Offered by Toy&Modelmarketuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value for money from Zvezda, 20 Feb. 2016
This is yet another brilliant kit from Zvezda. The pieces all fit very nicely and the finished model looks fantastic.

Only downsides I can see: the rubber tracks are a bit naff, as are most rubber tracks, wheels aren't really designed to turn (not all of them anyway) and only one decal is supplied (the number "7" you can see on the picture on the box).

Though the price of these Zvezda kits makes the downsides look quite insignificant. Highly recommended!

MSI GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC PCI Express Graphics Cards
MSI GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC PCI Express Graphics Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars So good that now the rest of my system is the bottleneck..., 23 Jan. 2016
As far as I can tell, it's more or less the same card as the standard MSI 980Ti, except it's in white. Fans and clock speeds may differ slightly, but ultimately this is a 980Ti that provides awesome performance. It's super-quiet when fans are at maximum speed, and I rarely see temperatures above 65 degrees Celsius. Definitely a great card for anyone serious about their gaming.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2016 2:48 PM BST

ZVEZDA Z3521 BM-13 Katiusha Model Kit 1:35
ZVEZDA Z3521 BM-13 Katiusha Model Kit 1:35
Offered by Toy&Modelmarketuk

5.0 out of 5 stars A great kit from Zvezda, 23 Jan. 2016
This is an excellent kit. It's a few years old now, but the parts are all of excellent quality. One small annoyance when building is that the parts are all located on three massive sprues, and at times pieces are located in completely random and illogical places. However, the main thing to focus on is that the final model looks superb, and includes workable wheels, steering, aiming and raising/lowering of the rocket array. It's not immediately obvious, but you also get three figures with equipment included in the box.

Military Minatures Russian Army Assault Infantry - 1:35 Scale Military - Tamiya
Military Minatures Russian Army Assault Infantry - 1:35 Scale Military - Tamiya
Offered by TOY SHOP JAPAN HOBBYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value infantry figures, 10 Jan. 2016
Twelve figures for this price is a real bargain. What's more, the figures are excellent quality. Parts are well-moulded and everything fits together perfectly. There are two sprues that each contain the six figures, then two identical equipment sprues. As a result, you'll get plenty of bits and bobs left over at the end as spares, or to be placed in a diorama.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4