Profile for C. W. Brown > Reviews

Content by C. W. Brown

C. W. Brown "Chris Brown" (UK)

I Love You
I Love You
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 28 July 2014
This review is from: I Love You (MP3 Download)
A wonderful recording in every respect but particularly for Pete Haycock's sublime guitar solo.

The Best of The Yardbirds - Shapes Of Things
The Best of The Yardbirds - Shapes Of Things
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive selection, 28 July 2014
A comprehensive selection of Yardbirds tracks but the version of Got to Hurry is one of the alternative takes and not the Clapton showcase released as a B side in the UK. The production values are not brilliant but for the occasional reminder of just how much I used to enjoy the Yardbirds records as they were first released and the atmosphere of their live shows, this collection does the trick. Particularly look out for Jeff Beck's outstanding version of Guitar Boogie, suitably retitled.

Avery Clear Inkjet Labels J8563-10
Avery Clear Inkjet Labels J8563-10
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal solution, 28 July 2014
Just exactly what I wanted for self printing and delivered in good time. I wanted to use these labels to print identifying information to go on the back of photographic prints, rather than risk spoiling the prints by using a pen to write on the back of each one. These are ideal for that purpose.

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 25.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Lightroom novice, 28 Mar 2013
The Lightroom 4 interface is initially quite daunting for an upgrader from Photoshop Elements (10) like me. Scott Kelby's books have helped me find my way round Elements in the past and this book is now doing the same for me with Lightroom. I enjoy Scott's lighthearted writing style which masks a serious and logical approach to his subject. Here Scott takes you through Lightroom starting with some key disciplines in order to avoid difficulties later on and works right through to the output of suitably polished images. The important concepts are explained along the way and step by step each aspect of Lightroom is made clear.
This is a superb guide and worth every penny.

Them Changes
Them Changes
Price: 7.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as ever, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: Them Changes (Audio CD)
I bought this album on vinyl when it was first released. It sounds just as good today on CD, particularly the original Them Changes track. This is real funk, not an imitation.

PagePlus X4 (PC CD)
PagePlus X4 (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and excellent service, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: PagePlus X4 (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I had a copy of PagePlus Starter Edition which is good software but I kept trying to do things for which I needed the full programme. Because PagePlus 5 had just become available I was able to buy PagePlus 4 at a reduced price. It does everything I need it to do, particularly CMYK support and I'm very pleased with it.
Particular praise for the supplier who provided almost instant support when needed, even at a weekend.

Photoshop Elements 7 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Photoshop Elements 7 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than its predecessors, 7 Jun 2009
I used the Elements 4 version of this book and after upgrading to Elements 7 I bought this latest version. It is just as helpful and retains the lighthearted tone whilst providing clear but detailed step by step instructions on how to use Elements 7 to achieve what is required. I find it invaluable as a reference source when photo editing and would urge anyone seeking a guide to what Elements 7 can help you do to look here first. With the input from its two authors it is even better than its predecessor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 6:56 PM BST