Profile for johnboy > Reviews

Content by johnboy

johnboy

The Real Jeeves: The Cricketer Who Gave His Life for His Country and His Name to a Legend
by Brian Halford

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Cricket lovers, 14 Nov. 2013
My son sent me this book as a birthday present and I must confess that I had never heard of Percy Jeeves, but once starting the book had difficulty in putting it down,it is beautifully written with an astonishing amount of research into the history of a man who would surely have gone on to represent his country but for the dreadfull events of the Great war. The author not only brings to the reader the action on the cricket field but also manages to convey the horrors of the trenches. A truly memorable read.

Number Ones
Number Ones
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Satifaction, 27 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Number Ones (Audio CD)
I didnt need to know anything more about the BeeGees before I purchased this cd, now Ijust turn up the volume and my old feet start tapping, why cant they write catchy tunes like this anymore?