Profile for Zombie Fan > Reviews

Content by Zombie Fan

Zombie Fan "Fed-50" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Super Zelf Series 3 Noodles
Super Zelf Series 3 Noodles
Offered by Stortford Toys Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It is so cute I need a girl large zelf ..., 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Super Zelf Series 3 Noodles (Toy)
It is so cute I need a girl large zelf to be dandelions wife and the mum for my children

When There's No More Room In Hell 2
When There's No More Room In Hell 2

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent 2nd story, 1 Sep 2014
Really starting to like this writer set in the UK as well interesting well written keeps you wanting to read more

The Undead Day Fourteen
The Undead Day Fourteen

5.0 out of 5 stars These stories never fail to please, the banter between ..., 17 July 2014
These stories never fail to please, the banter between some of the characters almost had me in tears laughing, the only people that weren't laughing were my wife and kids whom I have ignored every reading minute of the day since I bought this installment.

The Undead. The First Seven Days.
The Undead. The First Seven Days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 21 April 2014
This is one of the best zombie book series I have read in a while, nice that its in the UK as well. Many of the negative reviews are from people who criticise some of the authors idea, I laugh at those suggesting the story line is not credible I mean are any zombie stories close to reality?

The characters are great and the story lines never fails to make you want to read more .

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor (Walking Dead 1)
The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor (Walking Dead 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story that's reasonably well written, 22 Sep 2013
A good edition to the walking dead series explains well and sets the scene for what happened on the TV series.

WALKERS: from the universe of THE WALKING DEAD Series - Episode 2 (from the author of Revolution Z)

1.0 out of 5 stars Even worse than the first, 22 Sep 2013
Unfortunately i bought the first two books together if I could give this 0 stars I would its absolutely awful as mentioned in my first review their are loads of good zombie books out there that are better and cheaper. This takes a good name and rips you off. At first I thought that this was maybe a kids book but its not its just really badly written on top of the poor plot and story line I actually got annoyed reading it. The first 5 star review was obviously the authors mate.

WALKERS: from the universe of THE WALKING DEAD Series - Episode 1 (from the author of Revolution Z)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful rip off, 22 Sep 2013
This is a complete rip off using the Walking Dead name. It explains next to nothing about what happened to Rick . It basically starts round about where Shane entered the hospital in the series. Basically don't waste your time the second one is even worse. There are loads of good zombie books out there don't buy this one as one its expensive and two its rubbish

Syma S119G RADIO CONTROL GYROSCOPE SYSTEM HELICOPTER - RED
Syma S119G RADIO CONTROL GYROSCOPE SYSTEM HELICOPTER - RED

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Jan 2013
Firstly I would say buy this from eBay as at the time of writing it was selling for £20 by the same seller, that's where. Bought it.

I have a number of rc helicopters from 3 channel to fixed pitch so I bought this more because I liked the look . It is unbelievably stable . You can set the throttle leave it and fly about just using the right stick without even losing any height. The forward rate of motion is respectable certainly for indoor home use . I'm getting more time than the battery life claims . The detail on the helicopter is fantastic and more importantly it appears indestructible . My children were flying this and it was literally smashing it into walls and furniture and not leaving a mark.

This is the larger of the two new releases, I don't get this as the 116 g is a little smaller but unless you are flying it in a cupboard I don't see why you would have to go any smaller . At 21 cm long the 119 g is perfect for indoors even smaller rooms

Silverlit Twin Hurricane 3-Channel Remote Control Gyro Helicopter (Colour and Frequency Varies)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Flawed Controls, 28 July 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I got this in anticipation after already owning a Syma and Eflite Chinook. The helicopter is well made and is very nice. Its quite easy to get going but throttle control is important as too much on take off will unbalance it.

I found the gyros to be a bit sensitive even when trimmed, which had to be done, it was constantly over correcting which at times gave a little bit of a bumpy flight. It has a fair rate of speed good for indoors but not that fast I did expect a little more.

The thing that spoiled it for me was the directional control. It may be particular to Silverlit and I have nothing against 3 channel opposed to 4 infact 3 can often give good simple fun.

But... the control for this as in back forward left and right have the stick fitting into groove in the handset that effectively means when moving forward you have to move the stick out of the groove to then move left or right. You cannot fluidly rotate the stick from front/back to left or right. This gives a stop start experience which for me spoiled the flying making it harder to really chuck it about. For a starter this may be ideal but I found the controls quite restrictive

Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Quirk Classics): Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Quirk Classics): Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
by Jane Austen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Not As Good As First, 13 Feb 2012
This appears to get higher reviews that the first book in the series although I dont know why. I really felt it was cashing in a bit, the characters seemed to be lost from the first book and the author seemed to, possibly intentially, pull away from the genre. This was likely to suit the typical zombie reader who I feel simply didnt appreciate the first book particularly how the author really stuck to the classic genre.

The most annoying thing about this book was the lack of research into the first, a number of inconsistancies appeared which were down to a lack of research which I feel justifies my comment of cashing in.

Not at all bad, but a little dissapointing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3