Profile for OMG! It's got a plug! > Reviews

Content by OMG! It's got ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 88

OMG! It's got a plug!
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[USB 3.0 & Optimized For SSD, Tool-Free] Inateck® USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD Enclosure Case with USB 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA-I/-II/-III, SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free, Automatic Sleep Mode, Compatible With Windows XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS, Support UASP
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, smart looking and inexpensive enclsoure, 24 Oct 2014
Not much bigger than the 2.5 inch drive it's designed for, Inateck offered me this enclosure in return for an honest review. It's very straightforward to insert a drive - just slide back the rear panel, slot the drive into place, slide the panel back and it's good to go. It doesn't need a separate power, has an on/off button and an LED indicator light. A USB cable is supplied. Made from hard plastic, it looks smart, houses my 9mm SATA drive securely and there's a small foam pad included for thinner drives. It's USB 3.0 so transfer speeds are unsurprisingly fast. Recommended.

Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable upgrade, 24 Oct 2014
I bought this to replace my Acer laptop's Toshiba 160GB SATA II 5,400rpm hard drive. I did consider an SSD but extra capacity was needed, not extra speed. I removed the existing drive, cloned it and replaced it with this drive and, including a tidy up of the partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant after I'd fitted it, the whole process took about 90 minutes. It's no quieter than before but it's a lot quicker at launching programs and shutting down than my old drive. Recommended.

[USB 3.0 | SATA 6Gbps | Offline Clone] Inateck® Dual Two Bays USB 3.0 Hard Drives Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SDD SATA (SATA I/ II/ III) Support UASP/2 x 4TB/6TB, Including USB 3.0 Cable and External Power Supply 12V 3A, Compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7/8 | Mac OS X 10.4 | Linux
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward to use and hassle free cloning, 24 Oct 2014
I was offered this dual bay docking station by Inateck in return for an honest review and it prompted me to finally upgrade my laptop's 160GB SATA II drive for one with a 500GB capacity. I used it to clone the existing drive and then format it afterwards.

Cloning:

After moving all my personal files to a portable drive and leaving it with 40GB of data on it - Windows 7 and all installed software - I inserted the drive being cloned into Slot A, the target drive into Slot B, pressed the 'Clone' button twice, and had a perfect clone of my 160GB drive 70 minutes later. In all it took me 90 minutes to remove, clone and replace the existing drive. It's done independently of a PC, is almost silent and lights on the interface show the progress. The target drive was an exact clone of my existing drive and everything worked and loaded exactly as it did before. A quick sort out of the partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant and it was good to go.

Formatting.

I connected the docking station to my laptop (plug and play simplicity), inserted the 160GB disk and it showed up as an extra drive, allowing me to remove the partitions and format it, prior to housing it in an enclosure to be used as a portable drive.

Summary:

I'm absolutely delighted with this docking station. It so simple to use and you don't need to be a geek to understand it. It works with 2½" & 3½" SATA drives and also SSD and is so handy for moving data between any unhoused drives and completely takes the hassle out of cloning. Two thumbs up and recommended.

SanDisk Ultra Android microSDXC 128 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter (SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A)

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Capacity, 22 Oct 2014
Roughly the same size as a thumbnail, it's good to see the capacity of the MicroSD card doubling to a whopping 128GB. I'm using it exclusively for storing MP3s and I've managed to store almost 800 CD albums ripped at 320kbps on it, leaving 500MB spare.

Before uploading my data I formatted it to FAT32 and can confirm that it works to its FULL capacity on the following versions of Android that my three Android devices have between them, despite the instructions for all three claiming that they only accepted MicroSD cards up to 32GB:

Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread)
Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)

I can't vouch for earlier versions of Android but the evidence suggests that this should at least work with Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) onwards. It also works to its full capacity with the latest SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 player.

***To avoid the possibility of receiving a fake card, just order DIRECT from Amazon!!***

CSL - USB 3.0 SuperSpeed PCMCIA Express Card (54mm / 2 Port / Windows 7 + Windows 8 compatible) for Notebook Laptop | Internal USB 3.0 Hub
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, easy and effective upgrade, 22 Oct 2014
I bought this after one of my USB ports died on my laptop and the ExpressCard 54 port (which I've never used) was free. It fits flush and after installing the drivers from the supplied CD, it works perfectly. A very cheap and effective upgrade. Recommended.

Herb Alpert Presents
Herb Alpert Presents

5.0 out of 5 stars Drop dead gorgeous, 22 Oct 2014
This review is from: Herb Alpert Presents (Audio CD)
Chic, elegant, sophisticated and drop dead gorgeous, this is one of the coolest albums imaginable. The two female vocalists elevate this music to another level and along with the quality of the song writing, the choice of covers (Mendes, as highlighted here on 'Day Tripper', covered The Beatles better than anyone else), musicianship, arrangements and production, it set the Bossa Nova benchmark upon its release. Alongside 'Look Around', this is the best album by Sergio Mendes & Brazil '66.

In A Silent Way
In A Silent Way

5.0 out of 5 stars In a perfect way, 22 Oct 2014
This review is from: In A Silent Way (Audio CD)
My favourite Miles record. Beautiful ambient fusion-jazz vibes. Just put on your headphones, turn up the volume, close your eyes and let these cosmic sounds take you to places that you never knew existed before.

Skullcandy Air Raid Rugged Water and Drop Resistant Portable Rechargeable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking finesse and subtlety but perfect for the great outdoors, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As big as a brick and as heavy as one, this is, build wise, a serious bit of kit. Splash proof, made of heavy duty plastic and with a removable thick rubber shell, this Bluetooth speaker is built for the great outdoors and to withstand knocks and drops.

Sound wise, it's good but nothing special. There is a depth to the sound but to my ears it's lacking the finesse and subtlety expected from a speaker in this price range. Volume wise, it goes spectacularly loud but even at low volumes I can't listen to it for more than a couple of hours before having to switch it off as listening becomes uncomfortable on the ear. It's a bit like listening to an over compressed CD.

It paired immediately with my iPad and Android phone and the Bluetooth range is good. The battery is seriously impressive with an average 12 hours of playback. It has volume buttons that you can also use to skip between tracks (except when streaming music i.e. when using the Amazon Music app. Other Bluetooth speakers I've used costing much less allow you to do this).

Despite its weight, this is a speaker made for taking camping or down to the beach, situations where finesse and subtlety are secondary considerations and loudness, along with battery life, is everything.

Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium
Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last, perfect frying results and easy to clean too, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a weighty and well made pan that is built to last for years. It is quite small and the heat is distributed evenly and it's ideal for frying eggs, bacon, meatballs, etc. It cleans so easily - before giving it the once over in the washing-up bowl, just wipe it with some kitchen roll and it's like new with none of the black residue you sometimes get from aluminium pans. To show an indication of its size and how easy it is to clean, I've uploaded some photos (see Product Images from Customers).

Clarins - Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Shea Butter (Dry/ Sensitive Skin) - 125ml/4.4oz
Offered by MUST PERFUMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality face cleanser, 16 Oct 2014
I can't find fault with this cleanser and can see a definite improvement in my overall complexion in the couple of months I've been using it. It is expensive but a 125ml tube lasts for 3-4 months - it foams up really easily and you only need to use a tiny amount each time to cleanse your face and neck. Clarins are giving their men's range of skincare products a big push in Debenhams at the moment, but I'll be sticking with this. Definitely recommended and worth the outlay.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20