Profile for OMG! It's got a plug! > Reviews

Content by OMG! It's got ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 74

OMG! It's got a plug!
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy Birthday, 29 Oct. 2014
An unwanted Birthday present from Nigel, my least favourite uncle.

Emergen-C Super Orange Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - 2 x Pack of 8 Sachets (16 total)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fizzy Supplements, 28 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I take one Omega 3 supplement and one Vitamin D supplement daily. Since using this supplement I've stopped taking the Vitamin D because this contains 200% RDA of it.

I like this way of taking supplements. Apart from a couple of coffees in the morning, I drink water the rest of the time and this just adds a bit of variation. It tastes just like a fizzy orange drink (i.e. Fanta and Tango) but not as sweet.

I've been taking it for just over two weeks now and to be honest I don't feel that much different than normal but I suspect that this combination of vitamins and minerals alongside a healthy diet helps to boost the body's defences over the long term. I've ordered a pack of 24.

[Optimized For SSD] Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure Case With USB 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5-Inch SATA-I, SATA-II, SATA-III, SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free - Black
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, smart looking and inexpensive enclosure, 24 Oct. 2014
Not much bigger than the 2.5 inch drive it's designed for, Inateck offered me this enclosure in return for an honest review. It's very straightforward to insert a drive - just slide back the rear panel, slot the drive into place, slide the panel back and it's good to go. It doesn't need a separate power, has an on/off button and an LED indicator light. A USB cable is supplied. Made from hard plastic, it looks smart, houses my 9mm SATA drive securely and there's a small foam pad included for thinner drives. It's USB 3.0 so transfer speeds are unsurprisingly fast. Recommended.

Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited UK's Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable upgrade, 24 Oct. 2014
I bought this to replace my Acer laptop's Toshiba 160GB SATA II 5,400rpm hard drive. I did consider an SSD but extra capacity was needed, not extra speed. I cloned the existing drive, and including a tidy up of the partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant after I'd fitted it, the whole process took about 90 minutes. It's no quieter than my old drive but programs launch quicker than before and my laptop shuts down faster. Recommended

Inateck USB 3.0 to SATA 2-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA (SATA I/ II/ III) Support 2x 6TB & UASP, Tool-free
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward to use and hassle free cloning, 24 Oct. 2014
I was offered this dual bay docking station by Inateck in return for an honest review and it prompted me to finally upgrade my laptop's 160GB SATA II drive for one with a 500GB capacity. I used it to clone the existing drive and then format it afterwards.

Cloning:

After moving all my personal files to a portable drive and leaving it with 40GB of data on it - Windows 7 and all installed software - I inserted the drive being cloned into Slot A, the target drive into Slot B, pressed the 'Clone' button twice, and had a perfect clone of my 160GB drive 70 minutes later. In all it took me 90 minutes to remove, clone and replace the existing drive. It's done independently of a PC, is almost silent and lights on the interface show the progress. The target drive was an exact clone of my existing drive and everything worked and loaded exactly as it did before. A quick sort out of the partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant and it was good to go.

Formatting.

I connected the docking station to my laptop (plug and play simplicity), inserted the 160GB disk and it showed up as an extra drive, allowing me to remove the partitions and format it, prior to housing it in an enclosure to be used as a portable drive.

Summary:

I'm absolutely delighted with this docking station. It so simple to use and you don't need to be a geek to understand it. It works with 2½" & 3½" SATA drives and also SSD and is so handy for moving data between any unhoused drives and completely takes the hassle out of cloning. This is one device that all hands-on IT professionals and hobbyists will find useful. Two thumbs up.

SanDisk SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A Ultra Android Micro SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 48 MB/s Read - 128 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive 128GB Capacity, 22 Oct. 2014
It's good to see the capacity of the MicroSD card double to a whopping 128GB. I'm using mine exclusively for storing MP3s and I've managed to store over 800 CD albums ripped at 320kbps. Format it to exFAT and it'll work to its FULL capacity on most Android devices.

***To avoid the possibility of receiving a fake card, just order DIRECT from Amazon!***

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, easy and effective upgrade, 22 Oct. 2014
I bought this after one of my USB ports died on my laptop and the ExpressCard 54 port (which I've never used) was free. It fits flush and after installing the drivers from the supplied CD, it works perfectly. A very cheap and effective upgrade. Recommended.

Herb Alpert Presents
Herb Alpert Presents
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Drop dead gorgeous, 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Herb Alpert Presents (Audio CD)
Chic, elegant, sophisticated and drop dead gorgeous, this is one of the coolest albums imaginable. The two female vocalists elevate this music to another level and along with the quality of the song writing, the choice of covers (Mendes, as highlighted here on 'Day Tripper', covered The Beatles better than anyone else), musicianship, arrangements and production, it set the Bossa Nova benchmark upon its release. Alongside 'Look Around', this is the best Sergio Mendes & Brazil '66 album.

Skullcandy Air Raid Rugged Water and Drop Resistant Portable Rechargeable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black
Offered by TotallyGadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking finesse and subtlety but perfect for the great outdoors, 21 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As big as a brick and as heavy as one, this is, build wise, a serious bit of kit. Splash proof, made of heavy duty plastic and with a removable thick rubber shell, this Bluetooth speaker is built for the great outdoors and to withstand knocks and drops.

Sound wise, it's good but nothing special. There is a depth to the sound but to my ears it's lacking the finesse and subtlety expected from a speaker in this price range. Volume wise, it goes spectacularly loud but even at low volumes I can't listen to it for more than a couple of hours before having to switch it off as listening becomes uncomfortable on the ear. It's a bit like listening to an over compressed CD.

It paired immediately with my iPad and Android phone and the Bluetooth range is good. The battery is seriously impressive with an average 12 hours of playback. It has volume buttons that you can also use to skip between tracks (except when streaming music i.e. when using the Amazon Music app. Other Bluetooth speakers I've used costing much less allow you to do this).

Despite its weight, this is a speaker made for taking camping or down to the beach, situations where finesse and subtlety are secondary considerations and loudness, along with battery life, is everything.

Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium
Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last, perfect frying results and easy to clean too, 16 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a weighty and well made pan that is built to last for years. It is quite small and the heat is distributed evenly and it's ideal for frying eggs, bacon, meatballs, etc. It cleans so easily - before giving it the once over in the washing-up bowl, just wipe it with some kitchen roll and it's like new with none of the black residue you sometimes get from aluminium pans. To show an indication of its size and how easy it is to clean, I've uploaded some photos (see Product Images from Customers).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20