Profile for OMG! It's got a plug! > Reviews

Content by OMG! It's got ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 78

OMG! It's got a plug! (Winchester)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SK hynix HFS512G32MNB-2202A 2.5 inch 512GB Solid State Drive
SK hynix HFS512G32MNB-2202A 2.5 inch 512GB Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast SSD, 14 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I replaced a Toshiba 500GB SATA 3GB / 5400RPM fitted in my seven year old Aspire 5920 laptop with this drive and so far I've been very impressed with it. My laptop now boots up in 30 seconds (previously 50 seconds) and shuts down in a staggering 10 seconds (previously about 90 seconds) but the biggest difference with this SSD is how every file or software application now just opens up immediately - there are no pauses whilst my laptop thinks about what to do - they just open in a flash. My laptop now runs a lot more quieter too.

It doesn't come with any cloning software or instructions but you can find loads of guides online that can help you out should you need it. I housed it in an enclosure and connected it to my laptop and used freeware program AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition to clone my existing drive on the fly. Because this drive is a few gigabytes bigger than my existing one, it was a fast (approximately 90 minutes) and straightforward process. Once cloned, I removed my existing drive and this slotted perfectly into the existing mounting bracket despite it being 2mm slimmer. It's a bit more difficult if the capacity of your existing drive is bigger but AOEMI does have the option to clone individual partitions but, certainly for Windows, you'll need to have either your installation disc to hand or create a startup disk the first time you use it.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this drive - its makes a real difference and I'm now inclined to use my laptop more often and give my iPad a rest. The cost of solid state drives has fallen rapidly in the past few months and this represents good value for money for a 512 gigabyte SSD.

TESCO HUDL 2 Tablet Case - SLATE BLACK Case / Cover / Skin with Built-In PropUp Stand (Dual Angle for Viewing & Typing Positions) - designed by GSM-FONZ® exclusively for Tesco Hudl 8.3 inch Tablet (Tesco's second Tablet - Released in 2014) Case includes BONUS: GSM-FONZ ProPen Stylus (HUDL 2 (8.3 inch) Deep Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case for hudl 2, 11 Nov 2014
For the money, this case represents outstanding value. The hudl 2 fits it perfectly - a really snug fit - with all the cut outs for the inputs and control buttons where they should be. It's exceptionally well made, looks the part and I honestly cannot find fault with it. This is a review for the black case.

Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30 ml
Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming and very expensive extra layer of moisturiser, 4 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After two weeks of daily use this has proved to be underwhelming despite the claims on the box that you'll notice the difference within two hours. Specifically designed to treat and repair the skin and to be applied daily after washing your face and before applying moisturiser, I've noticed no difference whatsoever. I've used all 100ml in exactly 14 days and at the current asking price, to use this daily would cost in excess of £150 per month. It does feel good on the skin and is absorbed easily and it's just like adding an extra layer of moisturiser, which essentially what it is. I wanted to like this but my skin looks and feels no different.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy Birthday, 29 Oct 2014
An unwanted Birthday present from Nigel, my least favourite uncle.

Emergen-C Super Orange Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - Pack of 16

4.0 out of 5 stars Fizzy Supplements, 28 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I take one Omega 3 supplement and one Vitamin D supplement daily. Since using this supplement I've stopped taking the Vitamin D because this contains 200% RDA of it.

I like this way of taking supplements. Apart from a couple of coffees in the morning, I drink water the rest of the time and this just adds a bit of variation. It tastes just like a fizzy orange drink (i.e. Fanta and Tango) but not as sweet.

I've been taking it for just over two weeks now and to be honest I don't feel that much different than normal but I suspect that this combination of vitamins and minerals alongside a healthy diet helps to boost the body's defences over the long term. I've ordered a pack of 24.

Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 200 ml
Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle on the skin with impressive results, 27 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You can always recognise a quality exfoliater from how fine the grain is. The granules in this exfoliater are exceptionally fine therefore more or less eliminating the small scratches that larger granules can cause and allowing these fine particles to really get to work removing dead skin cells. It's really gentle on the skin. It does seem expensive but if you use it once a week there's enough in the 200ml one to last for about 12 months. Recommended.

[USB 3.0 & Optimized For SSD, Tool-Free] Inateck® USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD Enclosure Case with USB 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA-I/-II/-III, SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free, Automatic Sleep Mode, Compatible With Windows XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS, Support UASP
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, smart looking and inexpensive enclsoure, 24 Oct 2014
Not much bigger than the 2.5 inch drive it's designed for, Inateck offered me this enclosure in return for an honest review. It's very straightforward to insert a drive - just slide back the rear panel, slot the drive into place, slide the panel back and it's good to go. It doesn't need a separate power, has an on/off button and an LED indicator light. A USB cable is supplied. Made from hard plastic, it looks smart, houses my 9mm SATA drive securely and there's a small foam pad included for thinner drives. It's USB 3.0 so transfer speeds are unsurprisingly fast. Recommended.

Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable upgrade, 24 Oct 2014
I bought this to replace my Acer laptop's Toshiba 160GB SATA II 5,400rpm hard drive. I did consider an SSD but extra capacity was needed, not extra speed. I removed the existing drive, cloned it and replaced it with this drive and, including a tidy up of the partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant after I'd fitted it, the whole process took about 90 minutes. It's no quieter than my old drive but programs launch quicker than before and my laptop shuts down faster. Recommended

[USB 3.0 | SATA 6Gbps | Offline Clone] Inateck Dual Two Bays USB 3.0 Hard Drives Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA (SATA I/ II/ III) Support UASP/2 x 4TB/6TB, Including USB 3.0 Cable and External Power Supply 12V 3A, Compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7/8 | Mac OS X 10.4 | Linux
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward to use and hassle free cloning, 24 Oct 2014
I was offered this dual bay docking station by Inateck in return for an honest review and it prompted me to finally upgrade my laptop's 160GB SATA II drive for one with a 500GB capacity. I used it to clone the existing drive and then format it afterwards.

Cloning:

After moving all my personal files to a portable drive and leaving it with 40GB of data on it - Windows 7 and all installed software - I inserted the drive being cloned into Slot A, the target drive into Slot B, pressed the 'Clone' button twice, and had a perfect clone of my 160GB drive 70 minutes later. In all it took me 90 minutes to remove, clone and replace the existing drive. It's done independently of a PC, is almost silent and lights on the interface show the progress. The target drive was an exact clone of my existing drive and everything worked and loaded exactly as it did before. A quick sort out of the partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant and it was good to go.

Formatting.

I connected the docking station to my laptop (plug and play simplicity), inserted the 160GB disk and it showed up as an extra drive, allowing me to remove the partitions and format it, prior to housing it in an enclosure to be used as a portable drive.

Summary:

I'm absolutely delighted with this docking station. It so simple to use and you don't need to be a geek to understand it. It works with 2½" & 3½" SATA drives and also SSD and is so handy for moving data between any unhoused drives and completely takes the hassle out of cloning. This is one device that all hands-on IT professionals and hobbyists will find useful. Two thumbs up.

SanDisk Ultra microSDXC 128 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter (SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A)
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive 128GB Capacity, 22 Oct 2014
It's good to see the capacity of the MicroSD card double to a whopping 128GB. I'm using mine exclusively for storing MP3s and I've managed to store over 800 CD albums ripped at 320kbps.

I formatted it to FAT32 and can confirm that it works to its FULL capacity on the following versions of Android that my devices have between them, despite the instructions for all devices claiming that they only accept MicroSD cards up to 32GB:

Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread)
Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

I can't vouch for earlier versions of Android but the evidence suggests that this should work with Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) onwards. It also works to its full capacity with the latest SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 player and the newly released hudl 2. An SD adapter is included.

***To avoid the possibility of receiving a fake card, just order DIRECT from Amazon!***

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20