Profile for Ron Unna > Reviews

Content by Ron Unna

Ron Unna "unna@ein-carmel.org.il" (Ein Carmel)

Page: 1 | 2
Mill Lane
Mill Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it..., 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mill Lane (Audio CD)
For reasons unclear this item was unusualy expensive, costing more than twice the average price of a standard CD, maybe that's the result of purchasing what is now probably an extinct item that is no longer being issued.... however, it was well worth the price given it's sheer musical splendor. 10 beautifully crafted and performed songs remeniscant (not surprisingly) of some of the best songs that Tarras have never performed (or have they?)... If this CD happens to be reissued in the foreseeable future, or just happens to be floating about on the used and 2nd hand CD circuit, I highly recommend it...! Since I am not a qualified critic I tend to judge and rate music simply in terms of "I like this" or "I don't....". Mill Lane by Rosie Doonan & ben Murray falls under the "I like this very much" category..

Homo Erraticus
Homo Erraticus
Price: 12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem..., 29 April 2014
This review is from: Homo Erraticus (Audio CD)
OK – after five or six listens I conclude; this is a five star album…! Why? Because I like it. Straight and simple. The Ian Anderson Solo-Jethro Tull-Ian Anderson band have/has produced another musical gem like only he/they is/are able. Drawing heavily on past musical curves and nuances (Rtb, kelpie, Locomotive breath, LITP to name but a few…), these are the sounds and the musical multi-layered splendor that drew me to Tull in the first place all those forty something odd years ago…

And lest I forget to mention those little DVD segments that are often attached to the bonus CD/DVD 5.1 enhanced with digibook releases), describing the creative process, the “how-we-did-this-in-the-studio” sections and general atmospheric tones of the “making-of…” are actually extremely interesting and informative, certainly worth whatever additional Pounds and Pence we are required to pay over the cost of the bare CD version…

Warn The Waters
Warn The Waters
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 10.86

5.0 out of 5 stars This really is a masterpiece, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Warn The Waters (Audio CD)
Ive just listened to this cd for the first time and it is indeed everything I expected in terms of sheer excellence and masterful musicianship. Great songs and fantastic playing, just like the previous two CD's, I hope this group gets all the attention and success (it) they deserve. They are simply too good to go unnoticed....

Clannad Live: Christ Church Cathedral [DVD] [2013]
Clannad Live: Christ Church Cathedral [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Clannad
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Excellence, 10 Dec 2013
I have just finished watching this DVD for the first time and experienced 93 minutes of continuous goosebumps. The sheer excellence of this concert... words fail to adequately describe the quality of this performance and the beauty of these songs. Yes, I know it sounds as if I'm getting a bit carried away but rarely have I seen a concert DVD as overwhelmingly good as this. I recommend... Highly!

Genesis Revisited: Live At Hammersmith
Genesis Revisited: Live At Hammersmith
Price: 20.90

5.0 out of 5 stars An overwhelming encounter..., 8 Dec 2013
Interestingly (or not), I was never really aware of Genesis or their music, at least not during the early to mid 1970's, inspite having owned two ot three of their albums. For some reason they simply did not touch upon my musical sensibilities at the time... Then several months ago I happened to listen to one of the "Genesis Revisited" albums by Steve hackett and it dawned on me how incredibly good their music (was) - is. I purchased this "live at Hammersmith" set and was overwhelmed by the sheer excellence of the music, not to mention the incredible musicianship... absolutely fantastic! a musical discovery almost 35-40 years after the fact. This 4-cd/dvd set is an absolute wonder of good music combined with a compeling and highly enjoyable concert video of the highest quality...

Crossing Jordan
Crossing Jordan
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Richard Thompson at his finest..., 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Crossing Jordan (Audio CD)
If only for Richard Thompson's vesion of Donovan's "Season of the Witch", this CD is an absolute gem! It's a little like getting a CD-single with one soneg plus a few added extras for the filler value.

The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one....!, 26 Jun 2013
Of all the Photoshop Cs6 books that I have (and I have 4)... this is without question the best of the lot. Processing procedures are described in a clear and highly readable style. This book is rich with creative ideas, easy to follow and makes the Photoshop experience all the more accessable. For me, this is the #1 PS reference book of choice.

California
California
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb CD, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: California (Audio CD)
I stumbled belatedly upon the music of Wendy Maharry about twenty years or so after the fact. What a rewarding experience it is to discover music so rich and wonderful after its been lying around virtually undiscovered for so many years. I'd venture a guess that not many people are aware of this superb musician. This is not the stuff of the hit parades, it is far too good for that. If I haven't purchased the last CD in stock (I think I read somewhere that there aren't too many lying around any more...) I'd strongly recommend this to true music lovers.
Additionally i wish to take this opportunity to express my complete and total satisfaction with the excellent and highly reliable service that Amazon provides. Amazon is truly a customer-service oriented business and I will always shop there with absolute confidence. Kudos to you Amazon. Your excellent service is not a thing to be taken for granted.

So [25th Anniversary 3CD Special Edition]
So [25th Anniversary 3CD Special Edition]
Price: 17.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 25 Nov 2012
Peter Gabriel is a recent discovery for me. I was only vaguely aware of his music until about a year ago when I chanced upon one of his more recent concert DVD's (Still Growing Up - purchased on a whim). I have since then become an avid collector of his entire back catalog including this amazing remastered release. The quality of these recordings, studio album plus the Athens concert recording are great! This is digital reworking at its finest. The addition of the live Athens concert from 1987 makes this package the perfect introductory experience (for me) to what is justifiably considered to be one of PG's finest albums.

Nod to Bob 2
Nod to Bob 2
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing to say the least.., 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Nod to Bob 2 (Audio CD)
Unlike it's predecessor, 'A Nod to Bob I', this collection of Dylan songs is characterized by a series of dull and generally lifeless and uninspired cover versions. This could have been a superb CD with a fine collection of some of the best Dylan material in circulation but alas, I'd categorize this CD as the one to listen to if you are looking for something to help you fall asleep. I was hoping to delve deeper into Dylan material through the versions performed by others and discover that extra little something that makes the songs of Bob Dylan so uniquely great. Sadly, whatever that something is, it is not to be found here.

Page: 1 | 2