Profile for Miss Janie > Reviews

Content by Miss Janie

Miss Janie "bobcat" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Skeleton Road
The Skeleton Road
by Val McDermid

2.0 out of 5 stars Documentary style fiction, 3 May 2015
This review is from: The Skeleton Road (Paperback)
If you're very factually minded or in for a lesson on the Balkan wars this may be for you. It's less fiction than a documentary. I would like Val to sit down and produce one of her masterpieces again, like Wire in the Blood or A Place of Execution - these had my jaw dropping with the excellence of the writing and plotting. These days her books seem written quickly and a bit cynically. I'm glad she keeps writing though as one day I hope she will produce another of her truly brilliant novels.

Neato Robotics XV-25 Pet and Allergy Vacuum
Neato Robotics XV-25 Pet and Allergy Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, I love it, 16 Mar. 2014
Very fond of my Neato already. Almost makes me feel guilty as I slob around while he is working away so diligently. Some folk love doing their own cleaning and get satisfaction from it but I am not one of those, as my husband never tired of telling me! Now I've got rid of the nagging husband and my Neato instead and we have a brilliant relationship! Neato is efficent too, does a decent job. The dogs are constantly bringing sticks in from the garden and shred them in the living room so I just press Start and they are cleaned up by my little friend. You have to get one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely luxury gloves, 1 Mar. 2014
More than expected in terms of quality and fit, these are a lovely supple pair of superior gloves. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars too big., 1 Mar. 2014
If it's too big you can't really enjoy wearing it, can you? It's a nice style but needs a better fit.

Zhu-Zhu Soothing Neck & Joint Wrap - Microwavable Unscented Wheat Bag - Navy Fleece
Offered by Zhu Zhu

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fab, 1 Mar. 2014
Addictive. So soothing and comforting, got one for my mum who has arthritis, and she thinks it is wonderful. Used it on a damaged knee I had after falling on a dog walk and it was great. Much better than other similar microwavable wraps I have tried. Thoroughly recommend.

BaByliss Pro - Professional Black Panther Powerlite Hair Dryer
BaByliss Pro - Professional Black Panther Powerlite Hair Dryer

4.0 out of 5 stars superior to more expensive dryers, 1 Mar. 2014
Much better than another tourmaline hairdryer I had (an Ego) which was 5 times the price. Lightweight and effective, quite happy with this drier.

Hotel Quality King Size Size Luxury Hollowfibre Anti Allergy Duvet/Quilt 15.0 tog From Home Direct Online
Offered by Duvets & Pillows Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lightweight warmth, 5 Jan. 2014
Lovely! So cosy for people like me who always feel cold in bed- no more! Weight of duvet distributes evenly and is just the perfect lightweight duvet, so glad I bought it.

Monin Premium Toffee Nut Syrup 700 ml
Monin Premium Toffee Nut Syrup 700 ml
Offered by Healthy Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 18 Oct. 2013
Lovely addition to my morning coffee. Doesn't taste synthetic like some other makes. I would recommend this little treat of luxury.

The Sleeper
The Sleeper
by Emily Barr

2.0 out of 5 stars Great first half...then downhill all the way to the end, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Sleeper (Paperback)
Very promising addictive start but a change of character perspective half way through ruined the book as the new character voice was not interesting. Everything became suddenly badly written and a dull read and the ending made me realise how much I no longer even cared what the outcome was.

Human Remains
Human Remains
by Elizabeth Haynes

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Human Remains (Paperback)
Who wants to read about loneliness? We want the excitement of interaction and human conflict. If only we could go back to Into the Darkest Corner, now that was a winning formula. This isn't.

Page: 1 | 2