Profile for Just an ordinary guy > Reviews

Content by Just an ordina...

Just an ordinary guy "skodge01" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stagg US10 Traditional Soprano Ukulele
Stagg US10 Traditional Soprano Ukulele

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and sore fingers!, 5 Nov. 2014
Being an absolute beginner I can't comment on build quality, all I can say is that it's still intact after 3 weeks of 'practice'. Price is competitive. Changed the strings as recommended by all the experts to Aquila, which was an easy job following instructions from a You Tube video. Also bought the Eno ET 33U tuner, great item.
Will keep practicing!

Ukulele For Dummies
Ukulele For Dummies
by Alistair Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for this Dummie, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Ukulele For Dummies (Paperback)
Bought this as I am in fact a 'Dummie'. It has some good stuff in it but I found it a bit overpowering and got to the tricky bits too quickly for me. Gone back to You Tube where there are some really good videos to learn from.

Eno ET 33U Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Eno ET 33U Clip-On Ukulele Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Nov. 2014
Fantastic little tuner and really easy to use.

Sekonda Gents Leather Strap Watch 3140
Sekonda Gents Leather Strap Watch 3140
Offered by Hollins & Hollinshead

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch., 5 Nov. 2014
Re ordered this watch from a different supplier as first one didn't arrive. Nice watch, looks well on the wrist. Quick delivery.

Breville Halo Plus Health Fryer VDF105, White/Green
Breville Halo Plus Health Fryer VDF105, White/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful addition to the kitchen, 23 Oct. 2014
Really useful addition to the kitchen. The chips are really nice, we stop them half way through the cooking time and give them a shake up to separate the ones that tend to stick together. Salmon is really well cooked and I did a 10" Pizza the other night which was well cooked.
Glad we purchased one.

teKKno® Smart Flip S-View Screen Case Battery Cover, Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 / Black
Offered by teKKno

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay closed, 30 July 2014
Initial impressions were good. I like the way it replaces the original battery cover so it doesn't add bulk to the phone. The overall quality looks good also, however the front does not stay closed so it's not so great at prtoecting the phone. If you can live with this though it's a nice looking cover.

Buddha Set Of 6 In Display Box. 3cm(H)
Buddha Set Of 6 In Display Box. 3cm(H)
Offered by Mystic healing gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little Bhuddas, 24 Jan. 2014
What can I say they are just the job, nice little Bhuddas presented in a nice box. Well finished and look good.

Alpine MotoSafe Ear Plugs
Alpine MotoSafe Ear Plugs
Offered by Gehörschutz-Versand

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than deafness!!, 9 Aug. 2013
I am a motorcycle rider and I have always worn earplugs of some description. I have tried many, including the ones that are moulded to your ear shape, but I have found that these Alpine suit me the best. I suppose earplugs are a personal thing but for me these offer the right amount of sound deadening and comfort. 99% of the time I don't know I have these in my ear when riding, there is the odd time though that they annoy me but this is purely down to 'operator error', that's me not putting them in properly.

Padded Motorcycle Sunglasses / Biker Wraparound Glasses Complete With FREE Microfibre Pouch
Offered by Global Eyewear Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 9 Aug. 2013
These sunglasses work well for me, they are just the right shade, they keep clear and don't give me any discomfort.

Bradshaw's Handbook - A Facsimile of the Famous Guide (Old House)
Bradshaw's Handbook - A Facsimile of the Famous Guide (Old House)
by George Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking book, 8 Feb. 2013
Probably like most people who watch Mr Portillo's journeys around the rail network I was intriegued by the Bradshaw's Guide that he keeps referring to so when I saw it for £6.00 it was a no brainer. OK it's a facsimile, and there are a few words missing here and ther, but so what it looks great on the coffee table! and makes for an interesting read. As a few reviewers have mentioned the text is a little on the small side, but if that's how it was originally then that's how it was originally!!! Some gems of interesting facts (or uninteresting depending upon your viewpoint) and it's interesting to see how things have changed in the ensuing years.
If you're thinking you might buy it, do so.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3