Profile for digit > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire TV Stick - surprises aplenty., 23 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
The Fire TV Stick from Amazon is an amazing piece of kit - even better than I had expected. It was easy to install with clear onscreen instructions. Once you finish lading the Fir Stick you can explore what is available for you to enjoy. In the short time I have had it I have enjoyed using BBC i-player, watching films and using Spotify. I can fully recommend it!

90 Piece Premium First Aid Kit Bag - Includes Eyewash, 2 x Cold (Ice) Packs and Emergency Blanket for Home, Office, Car, Caravan, Workplace, Travel
Offered by The Body Source

5.0 out of 5 stars The price is amazing considering how comprehensive it is, 13 Dec. 2015
This kit holds just about everything you need for a first aid kit to keep handy at home. The price is amazing considering how comprehensive it is.

Vauxhall Insignia 2013 - Onwards Full Set Of 4 Black Velour Custom Exact Fit Car Carpet Floor Mats Vauxhall Fixings By AoE PerformanceTM
Offered by RMSONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Oct. 2015
Easy to fit and great value for money. Look smart too!

Wychwood: The making of one of the world's most magical garden
Wychwood: The making of one of the world's most magical garden
by Karen Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Wychwood, 18 Jun. 2015
This is a stunningly beautiful book with top quality atmospheric photographs throughout. It is the story of the making of a garden in Tasmania from a blank canvas to beautiful garden. A great read and top quality photographs.

The Zoo
The Zoo
by Jamie Mollart

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent first novel - The Zoo by Jamie Mollart, 20 April 2015
This review is from: The Zoo (Paperback)
It is hard to believe this is the first published novel by this author. Once you start reading it you have to keep going as the style pulls you along. The main character gets under your skin quickly. Although he does terrible things you can't help but want him to find redemption. Two strands run side by side throughout The Zoo but the book is still easy to read. I don't like the terms "page turner" and "unputdownable" used way too often in book reviews but I find myself wanting to use them both when reviewing this book. I wait impatiently for this new author's next book!

GardenMate® Set of 25 metal plant label Hook
GardenMate® Set of 25 metal plant label Hook
Offered by GardenMate®

5.0 out of 5 stars ... searching for years to find plant labels that look good and work well, 5 Aug. 2014
I have been searching for years to find plant labels that look good and work well. At last I have succeeded. These metal plant labels from Gardenmate meet both requirements. Visitors to our garden always ask where to get them from. I use a permanent ohp marker pen to write with and they look neat and crisp.

Viburnums: Flowering Shrubs for Every Season
Viburnums: Flowering Shrubs for Every Season
by Michael A. Dirr

5.0 out of 5 stars Viburnums: Flowering Shrubs for Every Season, 1 Jan. 2014
I find it hard to fault this book on Viburnums. It is so comprehensive, covering all Viburnums in great detail. I loved Viburnums before i read this book but after reading it I desired more land just to be able to grow a collection of these versatile shrubs. The book covers hundreds of Viburnums in great detail emphasising the subtle differences in flower shapes and colours, the variety in the shape and texture of their foliage and then the varying shapes and colours of their berries. Michael Dirr writes well clearly detailing the special qualities of every viburnum he considers. His words are backed by many quality photographs taken by the author himself. This talented author and photographer has a wife who works with him providing attractive illustrations to clarify his descriptions further. I would like to see an app to go with the book so that I could access it when out in gardens or arboretums when I find a viburnum and am in need of an identification.

Edgelands: Journeys into England's True Wilderness
Edgelands: Journeys into England's True Wilderness
by Michael Symmons Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Edgelands, 29 Aug. 2013
What an unusual book! I was a little unsure as the idea behind this book could have failed dreadfully, but I really enjoyed it. Written in a poetic style of prose filling the reader's mind with clear pictures of places rarely written about. I think it may have benefited from a selection of quality black and white photos to support the excellent text.

A Field Guide to the Insects of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins Field Guide)
by Michael Chinery

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fied Guide to the Insects of Britain and Northern Europel, 29 Aug. 2013
I have been on the lookout for a comprehensive guide to our insects and here I feel I may have found it. My only concern is that I would have preferred a guide of just the insects of Britain.

Coast and Countryside (National Trust)
Coast and Countryside (National Trust)
by Joe Cornish

5.0 out of 5 stars Coast and Countryside, 29 Aug. 2013
This book collects together so many top quality photos of our countryside and coast by three of our most talented landscape photographers. The Joe Cornish photos are particularly good, being taken early morning or evening when light is most interesting. My only criticism is that I would have liked some technical info discretely presented at the back of the book. The book illustrates so well just what a great country we live in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4