Profile for Lyman Good > Reviews

Content by Lyman Good

Lyman Good (Nottinghamshire United Kingdom)

Vision Quest: Native American Magical Healing
Vision Quest: Native American Magical Healing
by Wolf Moondance

5.0 out of 5 stars A very precious find, 4 Jan. 2007
The discription of the book is first rate. Wolf Moondance writes in a straight forward & easy to understand format. The rituals can be a little intimidating with the amount of preparation involved but well worth the effort if enlightenment is what your are really seeking.

One book I will be keeping on my bookshelve.

Dancing with the Wheel
Dancing with the Wheel
by Sun Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Instructions to Guide You Through Your Life., 9 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Dancing with the Wheel (Paperback)
It is a work book. It teaches you how to build your own wheel. It covers everything in great depth but its not difficult to read or understand. After you have built your wheel & you have taken your 'walk', the information gathered can help you in your everyday life.

Each person will go at their own pace, there is no hurry, no right or wrong way, the book is a guide only. We are all learning & the Elements & Spirits forgive us for any mistakes that we make a long the way.

You can start your journey by using the outer stones only, as your knowledge increases you can include the other positions on the wheel, then include the positions that naturaly influence your positions.

It can be a little time consuming but well worth it. It will open you to a new way of understanding yourself, show you different ways at looking at problems.

If I could I would give this book rating 8 stars. My daughter is now applying the teachings also.

Animal-speak
Animal-speak
by Ted Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye opener, 9 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Animal-speak (Paperback)
I am studying the Medicine Wheel, I bought Ted's book because I thought it would compliment my studies. That is an understatement! This book is amazing, it has helped me to see animals with renewed respect. The Book has shown me how to look at my totems' characters and apply it in my own life. This has taught me a great deal. I feel much more relaxed and comfortable within myself. This book is a must.

Celestine Meditations
Celestine Meditations
by Salle Merrill Redfield
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars The Celestine Meditations, 13 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Celestine Meditations (Audio CD)
I found Salle-Merrill Redfield's voice to be quite annoying, but she does know her stuff! The first part 'the forest' was too short for me, & I found that she didn't give me enough time to explore my surroundings. The second part 'the beach' was much more interesting & actually very helpful. Reminding me of people long forgot, I have been able to forgive their misgivings, my childhood was not pleasent. This CD is worth the money more so if you are a beginner, either way you should get something good out of it. I did.

The Complete Idiots Guide to Tai Chi and Qigong
The Complete Idiots Guide to Tai Chi and Qigong
by Bill Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars Better health could not be easier., 11 Nov. 2004
I have a back problem of 4 years, mobility is low, pain is constant. I heard about T'ai Chi but didn't know what it was, after searching I was hoping to find a book on it, was I surprised. I bought the Idiots guide & the DVD by the same author because of the good reviews I read on Amazon. In doing the relaxation & the first set of warm ups, my pain dissappeared, today I walked to town, did some shopping. I am stunned with the results. If you are unsure of which book to buy, then get this one. I would recommend the DVD too.