Profile for M Allan > Reviews

Content by M Allan

M Allan

Soccer Brain: The 4C Coaching Model for Developing World Class Player Mindsets and a Winning Football Team

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Dec 2013
Although it has taken me a while to finish reading Soccer Brain (kids, work & coaching getting in the way), I have been implementing bits and pieces from the book into the work I do with my side and I've already noticed improvements in performances and, in turn, results.

Coaches of all age groups and levels can definitely benefit from what is written and, while you might not do everything suggested, there will be something for everyone.

Football Manager Stole My Life
Football Manager Stole My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I was alone. We all did., 25 Sep 2013
The opening line of the Introduction sums it up perfectly.

Reading this book was a bit like therapy. I haven't actually played FM for a few years now but when I did, it was definitely an addiction. This was a nostalgic journey into the fantasy careers of footballing geniuses like Mark Kerr, Kennedy Bakircioglu and Cherno Samba. The best bit was finding out that my addiction was just a mild form of the problem. There were worse than me!

Great work and fantastic tribute to the greatest 'game' ever produced.

Double Your Business: How to Break Through the Barriers to Higher Growth, Turnover and Profit (Financial Times Series)
by Lee Duncan

4.0 out of 5 stars Back On Track, 27 Aug 2013
As a newcomer to running a business, I felt that I had lost focus and had become a bit 'stale' after some initial success. Reading 'Double Your Business' has helped me to re-focus on what I should be doing and it has done so in a straight forward manner with no jargon or unnecessary buzz words. I've only just started to put into practice what I have learned but I do feel more in control now and back on track.