Profile for Rev. Clarke > Reviews

Content by Rev. Clarke

Rev. Clarke "Sizewell B" (Bradford, UK)

Man Of Aran
Man Of Aran

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 18 May 2009
This review is from: Man Of Aran (Audio CD)
The CD & DVD (included) are perfect companions for one another.
Both the film and soundtrack convey an awesome sense of power and fluidity, that is moving, and occasionally breathtaking.
A must for BSP fans and film buffs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2009 5:34 PM BST

Sandisk Sansa e280 - 8Gb MP3 & Video Player
Sandisk Sansa e280 - 8Gb MP3 & Video Player

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly unsatisfactory, 11 Jan. 2008
I was at first impressed by the player & its reviews, but after a week's use I became dissalussioned with it.
My main issue was with the video playback; for aproximatly every minute of footage I played, the sound would go 1 second out of sync, meaning virtually any program was unwatchable after 120 seconds.
On top of this, after the fairly slow process of compressing your videos for the player, they double in size, when you would expect the opposite on such a small screen.
The menu is fairly inconsistant, not allowing for track skipping unless you are actually on the menu for the song itself.
I also found the icon's a little confusing, since each icon seemed specifically avoid whatever cliche is used for every other related program (i.e. notes for music, film reels etc).
I was pleased with the idea that you could expand your memory with the micro sd cards (especially since you can get a 2GB one for less than a tenner), but only found out later that only pictures & music could be stored on any extra memory, meaning the initial 8GB is all you will ever be able to use for film.
Finally, the damn thing takes about 30 seconds to turn on, insisting on checking its memory every time. Granted this isnt the end of the world, but it means if I'm turning it on while in public, im left looking at it for the best part of a minute, as if I want everyone to notice me.

Most of these are minor points, but when I got on a 30 hour coach journey to find that all the films & tv I'd brought with me were useless, I was fairly livid.

Silent Bomber - White Label Value Series (PS)
Silent Bomber - White Label Value Series (PS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 May 2005
A great game, gets harder at the right pace, you get to customise your weapon by choosing a balance between range and number of the bombs you can launch, and there is a great 2 player mode where you play as enemies you have defeated during the game.