Profile for A. Dunn > Reviews

Duracell 3 Hour Mobile Phone and MP3 Portable USB Charger
Duracell 3 Hour Mobile Phone and MP3 Portable USB Charger
Offered by London's Child Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply Doesn't Work, 25 Jun. 2014
Never Once successfully charged my phone with this charger. Followed the instructions to the letter, only to find the charger cuts out after 5 minutes max. Waste of money.

Thumbs Up Zombie Gnome Crawler
Thumbs Up Zombie Gnome Crawler
Offered by Smart Games Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 20 Feb. 2014
A nice, reasonably solid gnome that's priced fairly (£12.99 at the time I bought it). Having bought a different zombie gnome from the same company, I was confident that this would be worth it.

ThumbsUp Zombie Gnome
ThumbsUp Zombie Gnome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Feb. 2014
Gave this as a Christmas present to some friends- Decent value for money and a good, solid product that came well-packaged. Not a cheap flimsy thing (which I was worried it might be).

Cherry Blossom Deluxe Brush Set (Box of 2) - Sold by Pearls Drycleaners Ltd
Cherry Blossom Deluxe Brush Set (Box of 2) - Sold by Pearls Drycleaners Ltd
Offered by BubblePros Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Too soft, 20 Feb. 2014
For me- these brushes are a bit too soft- particularly for *applying* polish. Half of the polish I used got smeared into the brush and not on the shoe, so I ended up using more than I'd usually need to.

It also meant that quite a bit more work was required to get a nice finish when polishing them up too. If you have very fine leather and are worried about using a rigid brush and you're prepared to take plenty of time then these brushes may suit you but they just weren't right for me.

Rubber Wood Letter Rack
Rubber Wood Letter Rack
Offered by Cutting Edge Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect, 20 Feb. 2014
Hardly world-shattering but for the price and simplicity you can't fault this product. It keep letters neat and tidy and had no faults.

Eyelevel Ferrara 1 Polarised Unisex Adult Sunglasses Grey One Size
Eyelevel Ferrara 1 Polarised Unisex Adult Sunglasses Grey One Size

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd hoped for, 20 Feb. 2014
These glasses are reasonable but don't cut out glare as much as I'd hoped.

My previous Eyelevel glasses were also polarised and were excellent at reducing glare- perfect for driving. These ones seem to work like ordinary non-polarised glasses and were pretty disappointing.

More Mile California Compression Sock
More Mile California Compression Sock
Offered by Sporty Sports Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for me size 8.5-10.5, 24 Jan. 2013
I'm 6"3' and despite buying the appropriate sized socks, they were too short and didn't cover my whole calf. I found that they were constantly slipping down and thereby failing to provide any support to my legs.

They also lost the majority of their elasticity by the second-wear. I really wish I'd not wasted the money on these and just gone straight for a more expensive pair- turned out to be a false economy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2016 12:36 PM GMT

Brand New Red Eye Mountaineer M016 35L Rucksack Backpack Camping Hiking Bag
Brand New Red Eye Mountaineer M016 35L Rucksack Backpack Camping Hiking Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 12 Dec. 2012
If you want a decent rucksack with a reasonable amount of space inside it, without carrying something enormous when you're out for a day's walk in varying weather conditions, then this does the job nicely.

I've been using this weekly for a couple of months now and it easily holds extra layers like waterproofs, a food flask, a hydration bladder, an SLR camera and a folding tripod. The second pocket is large enough for a lunchbox and hat/gloves. It's also got a little pocket for stuff like a compass, keys, sunglasses, wallet etc.

There's not an endless supply of pockets - just the ones described plus two mesh side-pockets but it's perfectly handy and rugged. I reckon you'd not find anything anywhere near as good for such a decent price. (£30 at time of review)

Cath Kidston By Fulton Ck Birdcage 2 Women's Umbrella Button Rose One Size
Cath Kidston By Fulton Ck Birdcage 2 Women's Umbrella Button Rose One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a great present, 12 Dec. 2012
Bought this as a present for a friend and she's delighted with it.

I was a bit reluctant to buy this online without getting to see the quality of it beforehand, I had no need to worry, it's a well-made and sturdy umbrella that looks very nice (if you're a Cath Kidston fan and you probably are if you're looking at this).

Universal Large Winter Car Windscreen/Windsheild Frost Cover Covers All Your Windscreen
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars the one I received was not as described, 12 Dec. 2012
I'll start by saying that this is a decent product and does save me time defrosting my windscreen first thing on a morning. However, at the time I bought it the item was described as being 100 x 180 cm. The one I received was only 70cm x 180cm. It just means driving, early on a frosty morning, is a bit like watching widescreen - you have two bars of frost, one at the top, one at the bottom of your windscreen.

If you got an item that matches description, it'd probably be worth 5 stars (bearing in mind it's cheap) but I'm rating it lower because I didn't get what I ordered.

Page: 1 | 2