ARRAY(0xb0ddaf90)

Robert Stream 205 Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio - Black
Robert Stream 205 Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio - Black
Price: 124.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Marconi would have loved this!, 27 Dec 2010
I am am a Brit who has retired to western Sweden having lived in many parts of the world during my working life. I have wrestled with SW transmissions from Europe in both Africa and the Soviet Union, progressed from MW and LW to FM in the UK and latterly discovered internet radio on my computer here in Sweden. The advent of proper internet radios (which can even be called "wirelesses") is an extraordinary boon for people like me with roots in more than one place, an interest in current affairs and in music. The Roberts Stream 205 in which I have now invested is a truly wonderful piece of equipment. It is not too big, but puts out an impressive sound, both in terms of quality and volume. Its looks are somewhat retro, its functions many and varied. There is inevitably a down side to all this. It begins with the instruction book. Most electronic kit these days has a chunky booklet which turns out to have the same two pages of instructions in 50 languages. The Roberts has a similarly chunky booklet of 100 pages, but this is all one instruction book for the different functions of the radio. I blenched, dear readers. But once I had got my head around the idea that to make an internet connection involves a bit of activity on the computer as well as with the radio I had no great problem in connecting to my favourite programmes both here in Sweden and in the UK. I have yet to investigate radio from Albania or the Pacific islands, but have no doubt that they will come in loud and clear.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 12:56 AM GMT