Profile for oldie but goodie, Suffolk > Reviews

Content by oldie but good...

oldie but goodie, Suffolk "Drin" (Suffolk, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Fool's Assassin (Fitz and the Fool, Book 1)
Fool's Assassin (Fitz and the Fool, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Fitz and the Fool Book!, 6 Sep 2014
I have bought and read everything Robin Hobb has written and love them all, but Fitz is my favourite. I was delighted to see a new novel appear and ordered it at once. It is just as good as the others, but oh Fitz, how could you be so blind. I felt like shouting at him numerous times throughout this story and in spite of the horrific ending, I look forward to reading the next book. I do hope for an eventual happy ending - is this too much to ask?

Remnant Population: A Novel
Remnant Population: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars re-read it maybe a couple of years ago and have now purchased it so that I can read it as often as I like. I love this story, 6 Sep 2014
First read this years ago, re-read it maybe a couple of years ago and have now purchased it so that I can read it as often as I like. I love this story.

The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy 3)
The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific story, a great and fitting end to the ..., 6 Sep 2014
Terrific story, a great and fitting end to the trilogy. Couldn't put this down, I finished breathless and with heart pounding, and am left wanting more.
Thank you Deborah.

Footsteps in Time:  A Time Travel Fantasy (The After Cilmeri Series Book 1)
Footsteps in Time: A Time Travel Fantasy (The After Cilmeri Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear, 14 Jun 2014
There is a good reason why I do mot normally order free Kindle books and this book just reinforces my opinon. It is easy to see that it has been written by an American. Although historically it does seem to be okay, the language ia just not right. Who in medieval Wales would say "Sorry for your loss"? Frankly, I thought it was rubbish and I have deleted it from my Kindle.

The Magus of Hay (Merrily Watkins Mysteries)
The Magus of Hay (Merrily Watkins Mysteries)
by Phil Rickman

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor Merrily., 28 Mar 2014
I did enjoy this book, as I have all of the preceding Merrily Watkins mysteries, but it would be nice now if Merrily could have some happiness. Perhaps the time has come for her to hang up her deliverance outfit and settle down to a happy second marriage. For anyone who has not yet discovered Phil Rickman, I totally recommend his books, I have read every single one and loved them all. Quite a few of them still reside on my bookshelves and are regularly re-read.

Shadows
Shadows

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Shadows (Kindle Edition)
A really good read, and a very different concept. I loved it -Does anyone out there know if there is there a sequel?

Blanketweed Controllers » Nishikoi Aquaculture » Goodbye Blanketweed Sachets » 6x25gm (1000gallons)
Offered by Aquatics Discount

4.0 out of 5 stars took a while, 12 July 2013
I must say, at first we thought this was just as useless as all the other things we have tried. However, after 5/6 weeks we did see an improvement and now after 8 weeks it does seem to be keeping the blanketweed under control - just. It is the most effective treatment that we have tried.

Diprobase Cream Emollient 500g
Diprobase Cream Emollient 500g
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 27 April 2013
Bought this after pinching my husband's prescription pot! Following surgery and radiotherapy, I was suffering from sore skin and tender scars. It is wonderful stuff, very soothing and calming and worked a treat. My skin is now soft and silky. I am even using it on my face as my skin is very sensitive and I get rosacea from time to time. Absolutely delighted, will be buying more.

After Long Silence
After Long Silence

5.0 out of 5 stars Tepper is always good, 5 April 2013
As always, an enjoyable read. I have seen it said that her theme is always the same, and maybe it is, but she finds many different ways of telling her tales. I love her.

SLx 27884D 48 Element Digital TV Aerial
SLx 27884D 48 Element Digital TV Aerial
Offered by Teckstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better, 5 April 2013
We have gradually "lost" half of the available freeview programmes in the past few months, even though we are only 15 miles from the transmitter. This ariel has enables us to get them all back. It arrived promptly, was easy to assemble (my husband went off and left me to it, on the basis that women are better at reading the instructions) and has gone up into our loft easily. I don't know if it would be substantial enough to have outside on the roof though.

Page: 1 | 2