Profile for Cookie > Reviews

Content by Cookie

Cookie

Linens Limited Nursing Orthopedic V-Shaped Neck Support Pillow And Free Pillow Case
Offered by Linens Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 23 May 2013
Too small and far too soft. Gives no real support. Gave mine to a charity shop...very cheap cover, don't bother.

Frank: The Making of a Legend
Frank: The Making of a Legend
by James Kaplan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough, 23 May 2013
If you want to read the Sinatra story this is all you need? The good, the bad, and the ugly..

Rickles' Book
Rickles' Book
by Don Rickles

3.0 out of 5 stars Too brief, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Rickles' Book (Paperback)
Very short book. Funny but very little detail of his life story. Better to see him live on YouTube. Especially the Dean Martin " roasts" - simply brilliant!

Altec Lansing inAir 5000 Airplay Speaker System (discontinued by manufacturer)
Altec Lansing inAir 5000 Airplay Speaker System (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars For bass lovers, 14 May 2013
Returned to Amazon. Good value but too much bass for my taste, and as there is no way of adjusting this i decided to look elsewhere. Eventually settled on a Minx 100 which was more expensive but gives a far superior performance (including an adjustable bass).

Panasonic DMC-TZ30EB-K Compact Camera - Black (14.1MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by iHeadphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 May 2013
It's all been said. Amazing performance in a tiny body. Lens and build quality is outstanding and when you consider the fact that you can also record stabilised hi-def video, it just shows how far cameras have developed in recent years. I always buy from Amazon but in this case I shopped at John Lewis as they were offering a free three year guarantee.

I found a brilliant series of tuition guides for this camera on YouTube. A must viewing.

The videos on YouTube are presented by Graham Houghton. If you hate reading manuals this is highly recommended!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 11:55 AM GMT

Minx Air 100 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio
Minx Air 100 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio
Offered by Cambridge Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 13 May 2013
Many years ago I was a true audiophile with mountains of expensive kit, but downsizing from a large old Victorian pile to a flat, and then a modest bungalow called for a re-think.

Being a Mac enthusiast over the last thirteen years or so made it a fairly straightforward choice when buying speakers, namely the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks which proved to be an excellent buy for the desktop and could also work in a small living room at a push.

So what to replace them with? Good though they are, they are not really powerful enough for my current living room, so I decided to look for something a bit more powerful. Starting off, I began looking at powered speakers combined with an Apple airport express base station, but the wife was adamant that she didn't want masses of cable everywhere (a problem incidentally with the soundsticks).

I decided to have a look at the airplay speakers designed for the Mac. I eventually settled on the Altec Lansing inAir 5000 which I bought from Amazon. Although competitively priced I was disappointed with the performance, the bass was too intrusive and couldn't be turned down. I'm too old for the "boom box" scene. Perhaps my expectations of wireless speakers was unrealistic.

Some time later I read in the press that Cambridge were launching a new range of airplay/bluetooth speakers. I waited to see what the professional reviewers said. They were very positive, so I took the plunge and bought the 100 model from Amazon.

Of course the Minx 100 speaker is never going to match the output of an expensive HI-Fi separates system so you have to accept this as a fact, however on the plus side, it only has a power cable and can be moved into any room in the house, and it still manages to produce great sound!

Wow, what a superb piece of kit! Lovely design, top quality finish and construction. Set up dead easy and straightforward, just remember that there is a pause of 20 seconds or so when you select a different radio station.

But what about the sound? Listening to a wide range of music from my i-tunes collection, I can only describe the sound output as brilliant, very clean and transparent, plus loads of (adjustable) bass if needed.

My living room is 17ft x 12ft x 8ft high and at 2/3 volume the sound is as loud as we would ever want it - any higher is painful! This will give you an idea as to whether you need the 100 or it's bigger brother the 200 for your room.

Although I bought the Minx to play my i-tunes library, my wife and I find ourselves using it all the time for listening to daytime radio....an unexpected bonus! Being internet sourced radio, you can set the broadcast quality level via the Cambridge Minx "app" and listen to world wide radio stations without interference.

To summarise, quality, quality, quality. Not especially cheap, but in my opinion well worth the money. As soon as funds are available I'm buying another one for the kitchen....well done Cambridge!

Master Class Non-Stick 33cm Pizza Baking Pan
Master Class Non-Stick 33cm Pizza Baking Pan
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Dec 2012
My wife advises that this item is perfect for pizza making. I believe her, the proof is in the eating! Highly recommended.

ProCook Cast Iron Casserole 23cm / 3.9L Round Cream
ProCook Cast Iron Casserole 23cm / 3.9L Round Cream
Offered by ProCook

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Dec 2012
We have had Le Creuset cookware for nearly fifty years and no complaints. Over the last few years however they have shot themselves in the foot with absurd prices. When we needed to buy some new casserole pots for both ourselves and our daughter we bought from this range. We are delighted with both the design and quality. Look no further....

Instant Self Laminating Luggage Tags
Instant Self Laminating Luggage Tags
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Third time I have purchased these tags., 24 Dec 2012
Ideal and strong. Used them on numerous occasions. Much better than those supplied by cruise companies and good value for money.