Profile for harding1000 > Reviews

Turbo [DVD]
Turbo [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Turbo [DVD] (DVD)
Not a great film like many out recently. But the story line is ok. The kids seem to like it

High School Musical 1-3 [DVD]
High School Musical 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron

4.0 out of 5 stars great films, 12 May 2014
great value for money in this pack. Love the films. My 7 yr old daughter really enjoys the singing and dancing

The Smurfs 2 [DVD] [2013]
The Smurfs 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Neil Patrick Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 12 May 2014
This review is from: The Smurfs 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
It is an ok film. I'm not a great lover of the smurfs but the kids seem to enjoy it

Magic Bumpers Portable Foam Child Safety Bed Guard Rail - 100 cm - Set of TWO (50cm x 4)
Offered by Magic Bumpers

5.0 out of 5 stars My son has never fallen out of bed with these, 12 May 2014
They work. Great to take on holiday and use at home everyday. easy to climb over them when my son wants to get in and out of bed. But they do stop him falling out in his sleep. I dont agree with other reviews that they take up a lot of bedspace

Thomas the Tank Engine Lined Curtains - 54 Inch Drop
Thomas the Tank Engine Lined Curtains - 54 Inch Drop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 12 May 2014
Love these curtains. Good quality and it makes the room look great. Not blackout but fine for the price paid

Bigjigs Rail BJT120 Grey Stone Tunnel
Bigjigs Rail BJT120 Grey Stone Tunnel
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic joints, 31 Jan 2014
Very disappointment with this. There is a plastic fitting to joint the tunnel to existing train. The whole thing should be wooden. I have been collecting wooden train tracks for my children over 20 years. This is the first time I have been plastic. This will not last and is not a good fit, slightly too small. small gap appears as it is not a good fit, therefore the trains will not run smoothly. I thought this was cheap and now I can see it is because the quality is poor. I would returned it but it is my sons birthday tomorrow so I'm stuck with is now. I can only suggest you glue the joints so there is not gap

Bigjigs Rail BJT111 Three Arch Bridge
Bigjigs Rail BJT111 Three Arch Bridge
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Bridge - Plastic joints, 31 Jan 2014
Very disappointment with this. There is a plastic fitting to joint the 2 arches of the bridge and to join existing train. The whole thing should be wooden. I have been collecting wooden train tracks for my children over 20 years. This is the first time I have been plastic. This will not last and is not a good fit, slightly too small. So as long as not be strong there is a lot of movement in the bridge and a small gap appears, therefore the trains will not run smoothly. I thought this was cheap and now I can see it is because the quality is poor. I would returned it but it is my sons birthday tomorrow so I'm stuck with is now. I can only suggest you glue the joints so there is no gap

Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.
Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.
Offered by Beachbody

5.0 out of 5 stars I have lost wieght and feel fitter, 3 Sep 2013
I have only completed the first week so this is a very early review. I think the plan is very well organised. The planner tells you which DVD to do each day. A few days into the plan I got out of bed and found myself walking like a crab. I thought I couldn't face another hardcore DVD. When I put the disk in the moves were basically yoga and streaching and I felt much better afterward. No longer walking like a crab. Today is my rest day and I'm tempted to do another disk but I feel this is a mistake as this might be too much.

Most disk's are 40mins or less and there is a rotation of 10 disks so it is not boring. I think £100 is a lot but you have a 30 day money back guarentee if you buy this product direct. The workouts are very hard. I do the DVD at 5am before the kids wake up and before I go to work as this is my only free time. I find I'm quicker in the shower and getting the kids organised after doing the exercise. After a few drinks mid-week I found it very hard doing the DVD and since I have found I can't really drink anymore. I felt very hung over after doing the DVD in the early morning but I had only had a few drinks the night before.

I am trying to follow the principle of the diet plan but as the measurements are in cups and not grams I am unable to follow this properly. However I am now eating 5 times a day where I would normally starve myself and then binge in the evening with a few drinks. Now I'm too full to drink and I don't binge.

I have lost 4lbs in the first week. From speaking to others on the plan, this seems a standard amount of weight to loose in week one. I did not take any measurements but I'm sure the top half of my belly looks flatter. Everyday I do the plan and something will ache, which shows it works.

Shaun T is very likeable as others have said so this is a bonus.

You need lots of room to do the exercise and basically you jump up and down for 40mins so dont buy this if noise is a problem. Also dont buy this DVD if you are very unfit. You do need to be fit to do most of the exercises. I was told I would sweat a lot doing the DVD. Everyday I sweat and I drink about 5 glasses of water doing the DVD.

I have not had any problems with my knees yet but I do land softly and land on a mat.

In summary after week 1, I have lost weight, have a better diet and feel fitter. I am very hopeful I will get to my target weight in the following 8 weeks.

**************************************************************************

UPDATED REVIEW - COURSE NEARLY COMPLETED

Firstly I founds after 2 weeks I stopped loosing weight. Yes I probably had more treats on the weekend but the weight stopped falling off and I gained weight at one point. With only 5 days to go I can confirm the following. In total I lost 1/2 stone. I didnt loose much in the way of inches. My fitness has very much increased. I am much more body confident now. I have not dropped a dress size but my clothes fit much better and my belly doesnt stick out as much now. I think my results are not as good as I would have liked as I am near my target weight to begin with and I was quite fit to begin with. Month 2 is much more demanding and has much more jumping which I find difficult. After 2 months doing the course I will be very glad to finish it as I am no longer enjoying it. It is far too long being nearly an hour. I am not sure if month 1 is more enjoyable or I was more enthusiastic in the beginning.

I am not sure if I will continue to use the course again or start another program. I would still recommend the course but dont expect amazing results or you will be disappointed.

HOME-TEK HT-838N COMPLETE STEAM MOP PACKAGE (INCLUDES 2 X PADS 1 X CARPET GLIDER 1 X WATER SOFTENER)

1.0 out of 5 stars PacKed in as soon as warrenty expired, 26 July 2013
Initially I thought this steamer was very good. I use it dailey and it does clean the floors well.

However after 12 months and 3 weeks the steamer peddle no longer switchen the steam on. The warrenty expired after 12 months. I contacted direct sales immediatly. I informed them that I required a refund/replacement/or repair which is a statutory rights under the sale of goods act 1979. I explained to direct sales that the goods should last a resonable period of time and that informaiton on the BBC consumer website and the government website both said that the warrently period does not indicate life expectancy of a product. I would never have sPent £50 on a product which only lasted approximatly 12 months. Links from BBC website and trading stands below.

[...]

[...]

The BBC consumer website has a standard templete for purchases made over 6 months ago and this clearly says it is the reatailer responsibility to uphold the statutory right under the sale of goods act 1979 for a repair/refund or replacement. Direct sales replied that is was not the retailers responsibility and that they felt they were not responsible as it is part of the normal wear and tear. I asked direct sales to confirm where they have found there contradicting information on the sale of goods act and as yet they have not replied.

We all expect electical products to have a certain life however not to pack in just after 12 months. I think the customer service of direct sales is terrible and I will be reporting direct sales to Amazon for not upholding statutory rights.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU EXPECT IT TO ONLY LAST 12 MONTHS AND DONT BUY OFF A TRADER WHO DOES NOT UPHOLD YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.

Proxima Direct® 36 Watt UV Nail Gel Lamp Light Gel Curing Nail Dryer with 120 second Timer + 4 x 9W Bulbs and Cuticle Pusher, Ideal for Shellac Nail Vanish
Offered by Proxima Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 18 Nov 2012
I purchase this product and 1 of the bulbs was damaged on arrival. The supplier sent me 2 new bulbs but one was damaged.

After 5 weeks I have had to return the lamp for a refund.The bulbs fitting do not hold the bulbs securely and only 1 bulb has been working. The other 3 bulbs will work for a few minities if you push the bulbs in again, but they then become loose again. I think the lamp is poor quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4