ARRAY(0xaf668d98)

The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
by Carson McCullers

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Aug 2012
Great book, also downloaded the film which is a bit different but well worth watching if you have read the book.

Breville VCF042 Wake Cup Hot Water Dispenser
Breville VCF042 Wake Cup Hot Water Dispenser
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great machine!, 17 Dec 2010
In over thirty years this is my fourth bedside tea making machine. The old ones never broke they just got too noisy ( the clock mechanism gets noisier over the years). This new machine is by far the best. It is slightly smaller, so more space on bedside table. I am putting my own stainless steel teapot underneath ( must be placed precisely) to make the tea in, I can get 2.5 mugs worth. My own teapot is a much better pourer than my old teasmade teapot. Of course you can use just mugs but I don't want to fiddle about squeezing tea bags.
The light is really good, nice and dim so you are not dazzled, you can switch it on and off at any time. The clock is a digital type display (blue light,) so I am not expecting it to get noisy. If you want to make tea manually without the alarm you just press a button. There is a built in water measuring jug in the top, but I find it easier to fill my teapot with the right amount of cold water and pour it in, I use the aforementioned watering jug to store my teabags in, about 50, really good use of space. It has a drip tray and a small storage draw underneath.
I have not used it with the alarm yet, often I prefer my own (quiet)mobile phone alarm, and then I can press the button for manually making tea.