ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

Profile for G. Recipient > Reviews

Content by G. Recipient

G. Recipient "NIX" (CA, USA)

Maxsima - MACRO EXTENSION TUBES / SET PENTAX K MOUNT For Pentax K30 K7 K5 K-x K-m K10D K20D K100D K110D K200D.
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 12.20

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work for K30, 13 May 2013
Product does not work for Pentax K30, even though it is mentioned in description. It just does not mount on it. I do not know whether I should blame the specific seller or product for that.

Canon IXUS 510 HS Digital Camera - White (10.1 MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.2 Inch LCD
Offered by Picsio

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for carrying it together to any place, 28 Oct 2012
I bought this camera before Summer at around 270. Now its price has dropped quite a lot, so I guess it is a chance. I used it in many occasions especially under heavy sun light and during almost complete darkness (in clubs).

My other camera is a 3-year old SONY DSLR a200.

Pros:
1. You can carry it in your pocket, something you cant do with your DSLR or even some other heavier small cameras. Apart from that, my DSLR does not shoot video and this was an additional reason I bought Ixus. Note that I think it is very important to be able to carry your camera anywhere, even if you will have to lose something in picture quality (which I discuss below)

2. Applications: There are around 20 different modes you can use your camera with. In fact you don't even need so many different options! Interface is great and I am very satisfied with the camera's applications which my oldie DSLR lacks.

3. Video is 1080 HD. Quality is excellent and seriously you do not have to carry with you a camcorder (unless of course you are seeking something professional).

4. Its appearance is stylish! Take the classy white!

Cons:
1. I am not sure whether I should classify this as a con, since I am asking too much from such a small camera. Picture quality is excellent when compared to other small cameras I have seen (obviously I haven't seen every other small camera, so please do not count so much on my opinion on its comparison with other small cameras; for example I have never seen NEX or coolpix). But I can compare it with my a200 DSLR: In that case, you will understand the difference when you zoom in the pictures you have taken. This camera is not a DSLR. Its pictures are great but if you want to take excellent ones with shiny colours and the ability to crop them without losing in quality and obtaining peculiar 'white pixels', then take your DSLR with you. For all other cases, this is a great camera.

FiiO E06 Portable Headphone Amplifier
FiiO E06 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Offered by AVShop
Price: 30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It gave life to my Philips Fidelio M1, but it does not charge!, 6 Oct 2012
Thanks to this device, I can finally hear sound from my newly bought 160 Philips Fidelio headphones (and high quality sound). It is very portable but it does not charge! I see that other reviewers have the same problem. Anyway, since I wasn't about using it outside, I am keeping it since it does its job when constantly connected to the PC. If this problem did not exist I would have set probably 5 stars.

Philips M1/00 Premium Black Headphones with Universal Hands-Free Function
Philips M1/00 Premium Black Headphones with Universal Hands-Free Function
Price: 94.95

2.0 out of 5 stars does this seriously cost 160 ?, 3 Oct 2012
I wish I had never bought this product. I actually bought it from an airport duty free shop for around 140 pounds and counted on that Philips makes good products without charging additionally the brand. Well, the sound produced is not worth such an expensive pair of headphones. Apart from that, I now read on other reviews that I should change the cable in order to avoid sound distortion while using a PC. Why isn't this documented with the headphones?

I read a couple of youtube reviews after buying them to see what is going on with the sound produced. Is it my ears' fault or something? They agree on that this is not a 160 pair of headphones. Also, what is wrong with the sound volume produced? It is too low and there is no volume control to increase it.

Well, I am switching back to my old Sony 30 earphones while listening to my Nokia phone mp3 player in the bus. The sound is slightly worse than these, but at least I don't have to carry headphones with me rather than earphones.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 12:27 AM BST

Nokia Lumia 800 Sim-free Windows Smartphone 16GB - Matte Black
Nokia Lumia 800 Sim-free Windows Smartphone 16GB - Matte Black

2.0 out of 5 stars stay away from Windows Phones, 23 Sep 2012
I have been a long time Nokia fan. All of my mobile devices had been Nokia and I had been extremely pleased with them. As an exception, the last one was N900 which was a disaster since even setting the alarm needed almost 2 seconds of waiting time and when typing a contact number to send a SMS to, you needed to press a shift key in order to type numbers!. Anyway, I decided to buy Lumia 800 now that its price dropped to 200 pounds (probably because Lumias 820 and 920 are on their way).

My first impression was great. An extremely good looking phone (the most beautiful design I have seen in a mobile phone), quick access to applications, mp3 player is better than the N900's (which was quite good, by the way). I do not ask much from a mobile phone, apart from having a good signal when I am about to call, good GPS navigation and access to my emails. For all the others I have my laptop and my camera.

However, I am selling this phone after just one week of use and never going to buy a NOKIA/Windows phone again for the following reasons:

1. First of all because it is a Windows Phone. You can do nothing with it if you do not have Windows and things that were easy with previous NOKIA devices, now take more time and become annoying. So, there is an awful problematic software, called Zune, with which even a simple mp3 song upload will break your nerves. Forget the usb connection you knew, where you would drag and drop files to your phone. The phone does not even appear, when connected, to 'My Computer' ! Everything you do to it should be through Zune.

2. Try to write down a phone number and save it from a person who you just met. This would be very easy using previous Nokia devices or any other phone. Now, it will take you more time (as previous reviewers wrote) with no reason at all.

3. Who said that I need the whole list of my Facebook friends related with my contacts? I have friends in facebook I last saw in school 15 years ago and do not want to have any affiliation with, except through facebook. What are their faces doing in my contacts?

4. How come neither one person of their programming staff, set a touch screen vibration disabling feature? There exists an EXTREMELY annoying vibration when pressing the back screen touch button. This cannot be fixed (I searched for it).

5. If you reopen an application, like Nokia Maps, it starts from the beginning and erases everything you have already done (example a route design). Think for example, touching the -already pressed- Firefox button in the start up menu and the page you were visiting gets erased.

6. Did you make a mistake writing a SMS? You cant go back and erase it, unless you are lucky and press the touchscreen at the specific place the wrong letter is. There are no arrows! You have to try several times until the point you reach the letter!

7. Did you make the mistake to press the back button while writing a sms? Your sms is gone! It is not saved as a draft!

These are childish mistakes. The worst of all is this disgusting ZUNE software which looks as it is programmed by undergraduates as part of a project.

I place 2 stars since LUMIA's appearance is extraordinary. But this is my last NOKIA phone/Windows phone.

PS: Since I may have missed something, if any part of my criticism is incorrect please reply in order to correct it. I want to be fair.