Profile for Andrew J. Gilchrist > Reviews

Content by Andrew J. Gilc...

Andrew J. Gilchrist "Weeble" (UK)

Komputerbay 128GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 60MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 128 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 4 Dec. 2013
I bought this to add capacity to my Mac book Air. I reformatted it to the Mac Filesystem and it gives me an extra 128GB of space.
The only problem is the rubbish design of the the SD card slot on a Mac which means the card sits slightly proud (why Apple can't make it flush like it is on a Windows machine) and this exposes it to damage. The first card got the extending part bent which broke the card (my fault not the card's).
So I'm on to my second and have had no other problems. Its fast enough to run a Windows 7 virtual image off under virtual box and the client is still completely useable. Otherwise I just use it for media and presentations and for that it doesn't add any more delay than getting stuff off the built in SSD.
Also with the new version of Maverick Time Machine picks it up and does automatic backups which is nice!

HOTER Bike LED Flash Light Wheel Valve Cap Bicycle Lamp(Price/Piece)
HOTER Bike LED Flash Light Wheel Valve Cap Bicycle Lamp(Price/Piece)
Offered by Ayozen

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit presta valves, 30 Nov. 2011
Turned up quickly and is a clever gadget (very bright). However despite what one of the other reviews said these will not fit a presta valve (this is the common sort for a road bike which is thin with a small knob that you tighten to stop the valve opening). It looks like it might but there is not enough of a hole in the base to go over the knob. It comes with a fitting for a Schrader valve which is the type you get on a car and on a lot of mountain bikes so have fitted them to my wife's bike instead.

Jazooli High Power Super Bright Heavy Duty 3W 1 Led Waterproof Front Bike Light - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 18 Nov. 2011
Bought this when someone nicked my £25 Catseye from the cage at work.
Nicely made in aluminium and very bright and powerful. Handlebar fitting more substantial than the catseye. Note that it has an extra rubber strip for narrow handlebars which you need to remove if you want to mount it on the thicker part. Has rubber pads underneath, nicely made.
Combined with a set of rechargeable batteries for a fiver don't think you could do better for the money.

The Independent
The Independent

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 6 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Independent (Kindle Edition)
I also subscribe to the Times Sunday Times iPad edition which at £8.99 a month is much better value. On holiday in the Maldives and the iPad is much better for Newspapers than the kindle, colour, video, nicer more intuitive interface and better form factor. Kindle is nicer for books on the beach though readability in tropical sunlight is better than a book as it doesn't dazzle you.

Skullcandy Smokin BUDS  Headphones
Skullcandy Smokin BUDS Headphones

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor reliability and mediocre sound, 15 Dec. 2008
Based on reviews bought three sets of these for myself and the daughters to replace ipod headphones which had died over the years. Packaging etc well done but the sound is only mediocre with the inline volume knob just getting in the way. My major gripe is that two of the three sets have had an earphone pack up within two months and they have not had excessive use or been badly treated. Rubbish.....

sennheiser cx 400
sennheiser cx 400

1.0 out of 5 stars No reliable in my experience, 21 Oct. 2008
This review is from: sennheiser cx 400 (Electronics)
I bought two pairs of these for my daughters as replacements for their Ipod headphones. They were really pleased by them, comfortable and great sound with the ability to cut out external noise (great on the tube). So should be a 5 star rating. Unfortunately both sets packed up within about 2 months. I'd bought them on ebay for about £9 each but the shop I had got them from had packed up when I tried to get replacements. Caveat Emptor I guess but we have replaced them with Skull Candy sets which were about the same price and are also good sound so waiting to see if they break....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2008 6:15 PM GMT