Profile for Carlos Lopez Alonso > Reviews

Content by Carlos Lopez A...

Carlos Lopez Alonso "chols" (Spain)

King's Bounty: The Legend (PC DVD)
King's Bounty: The Legend (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

3.0 out of 5 stars Crashes with Vista 64?, 25 July 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The game starts and looks beatiful, but unfortunately crashes every few (very few) minutes. My operating system is Vista 64, that might have something to do with the problem, I really don't know. The OS works great with everything else I installed.
I visited the game forums, I tried to download a patch from the game website (it didn't download, even if there are two patches listed/linked). I downloaded another patch from another website that did install properly, but the game copy protection now prevents the game from starting, since the DVD is no longer recognized. Too bad, the game looked nice.

Edited:
Finally found a configuration that does not usually crash. I had to lower all settings to minimum (my PC is really good so that was not the problem) The game looks a little bit less beautiful, but that's all.

Now that I can play it correctly, I find it's somehow repetitive, but OK for the parice I payed. It's a pity I had the technical problems described above.

Music From Graffiti Bridge
Music From Graffiti Bridge
Offered by Side Two

3.0 out of 5 stars Jane is completely right, 22 April 2006
I agree completely with Jane's review, specially regarding the "Joy in Repetition" track. It's amazing. Really, if you know someone who owns this CD, listen to it.

Overall the CD is a bit of a letdown, although for me these two or three outstanding songs make for the rest no so good ones. What I really think is that "Joy in Repetition" should be included in a future Prince compilation CD... along with some other tracks in this one.

Shogun: Total War Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Shogun: Total War Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by scaddingk

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good game, a little buggy, 16 Aug. 2004
I used to have Shogun and play under Windows95 and later Windows98. The mixture of strategic and real time gameplay is superb, the animations give flavor to the game (although they end up being repetitive) and the range of units is excellent. The only bad thing about the game is that battles are just too big to be fun at the end, when most of the enemies are dealt with. It's a minor flaw, though.
I bought this game after playing Medieval TW just to get a look at the Mongol Invasion... and found it very buggy under Windows XP... flashy screens, crashes to desktop... tried everything at the Total War forums but I finished uninstalling the game.
So, as a conclusion, I fondly recomend this game to anyone still using Win9x, but be careful if you're going to play it under Windows XP.