Profile for L Maras > Reviews

Adore Yourself Slim
Adore Yourself Slim
by Lisa Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars It's very good!, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
This book is divided into 9 chapters - 1. think yourself slim, 2. learn to adore yourself slim, 3. set your slimming goals, 4. eat yourself slim, 5. exercise yourself slim, 6. get yourself over a plateau, 7. dress yourself slim, 8. celebrate your slim self and 9. write yourself slim. My favourite chapters are 2, 3 and 7. In Chapter 2, for example, there is a body map that helped me to appreciate the many positive things about my body. In chapter 3, what I liked most is that we have to think about the reasons why we want to be slim, which I was a bit clueless about the real reasons, but then Lisa wrote her own reasons and I thought that most of them were my reasons also. So, great help there. I love also the spaces for your own notes such as measurements and reward schedule. Great! About the CDs, I am not sure. Although I love her voice, I felt that I still need to listen to PM, maybe because the technique he uses to get you to relax works better for me. The track about slim, I though was too short. I think it was because when I started to relax deeply, it was time to "wake up". For this reason I heard it just once. On the other hand, I also loved "The Ten Slimming Commandments" and just by reading commandments 6 and 8, I finally think that I got a grip of myself. It was a huge change because before, when dieting I always had that fear that I was going to fail and invariably I failed. Now, if the thought crosses my mind I read the commandments and some other interesting bits that I highlighted and it works. The truth is, the whole book is a gem and I believe there's something for everybody.

Spanish Grammar in Review: Patterns for Communication
Spanish Grammar in Review: Patterns for Communication
by Kenneth Chastain

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy!, 20 Feb 2011
I have been borrowing this book from my local library for the last 2 years. I am still very impressed by its content and how easy it is to use it. There are lots of exercises and I do believe that repetition is the way to go when learning a language. Never really thought about buying it but the last time I wanted to borrow it, it was not available. The librarian then suggested that if I liked it so much why not to buy it? I am really happy that I bought as the price was very reasonable.
Delivery was great as usual, bit disappointed with a small tear in cover due to packaging. The book was delivered with another product and left loose inside. Pity!