Profile for Paul Hodgson > Reviews

Content by Paul Hodgson

Paul Hodgson "www.bof.uk.com" (West Yorkshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable
Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these types of lights., 14 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dead handy that the Vine program occasionally supplies these replacement LED lights! I have one room that has 12 of these lights in them and slowly but surely, they're getting replaced...cheers Amazon!

Anyway, there really isn't much to say about these LED lights. I have liked every one and the story is the same here too. They light quickly, produce a lovely clear light and they look cool when not lit. I like the style of the lights as they appear in the housing.

This particular light seems to have a very slightly larger housing and whilst it fitted the housing OK, it wasn't as easy as other lights.

Camera 52mm-77mm 52-77 Metal Step Up Filter Ring Adapter
Camera 52mm-77mm 52-77 Metal Step Up Filter Ring Adapter
Offered by TOPCITY

1.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere., 14 Aug 2014
Engineered badly and when raised to the supplier, they were good at reimbursing BUT and that's a deliberate capital but, at the time I bought the product the supplier didn't recognise the manufacturing fault = the screw threads were in entirely the wrong place rendering the product useless.

Philips GC8616/30 PerfectCare Aqua Iron Steam Generator with One Perfect Temperature and 240 g Steam Boost, 2500 ml, 2400 Watt, 5 Bar, Lilac

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb product, 14 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Relatively small iron but it packs a punch when providing levels of steam a sauna aspires to produce. And whilst the delivery of the steam is steady and lots of, the reservoir doesn't deplete as rapidly as one would expect.

The iron combines some form of fabric sensor that apparently reduces the risk of burning whatever you're trying to iron. And with a part semi-circle handle. the iron is pleasantly shaped to hold for long periods of ironing time and easy as you could wish to use.

Our ironing style is to use steam all the time and even the most heavily creased fabric will yield in the face of such steam power.

In summary, depending on your ironing needs I can't see a downside to using this iron unless you have an issue with the quantity of steam produced. If you're used to an all contained standard iron, this iron will surprise and hopefully in a good way. If I were in the market for an iron and had the funds to support this amount, I'd have no hesitation in buying this iron.

Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-01
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-01

4.0 out of 5 stars If I had a hammer!, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If I had a hammer.or more to the point, if I didn't have a hammer I'd turn to this stapler.

This thing is built to last longer than me. In year to come, when the Earth evolves into a paperless environment- yeah right - this stapler will be found propping up a house somewhere or a collection of them being the support structure of a bridge.

Oh and it staples stuff together rather well too.

Why did I choose this one? Lost our other one, the regular sized one. I think this may be shorthand for one of my kids took it to Uni.

In summary - built like a tank. Get burgled? Chuck this at the burgler, I'm sure you can't be 'done' for assault with a stapler.

BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet
BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 July 2014
I read somewhere that when buying HDMI cables, spending oodles of cash wasn't necessary and I'd agree. Bought this cable to connect my wife's Nexus 10 tablet to the tv. For an IT dullard like me plug and play gets many-a-browney-point and here this BlueRigger gets lots. Plugged in and it just worked. No faffing about, plug in and go....perfect.

Oh and pic quality - brilliant.

Fotodiox Metal Step Up Ring, Anodized Black Metal 52mm-77mm, 52-77 mm
Fotodiox Metal Step Up Ring, Anodized Black Metal 52mm-77mm, 52-77 mm
Offered by Fotodiox Inc. USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it., 17 July 2014
I like it but why it's 2x or 3x more expensive than other step up rings beats me. Machined well and does what it says so no complaints.

Camera Parts 62mm-77mm Lens Filter Step Up Ring Adapter Black
Camera Parts 62mm-77mm Lens Filter Step Up Ring Adapter Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as described., 17 July 2014
Build quality good but like all step up rings, the filter you screw on will defo get stuck. They're a bugger to get off but I don't know how to stop it. My filters come off, eventually.

In summary - so far so good and so no hesitation in buying again if I had too.

Camera Repairing 58mm to77mm Metal Step Up Filter Ring Adapter
Camera Repairing 58mm to77mm Metal Step Up Filter Ring Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Build quality good but like all step up rings, 17 July 2014

In summary - so far so good and so no hesitation in buying again if I had too.

White 16 inch Oscillating Pedestal (Stand) Fan
White 16 inch Oscillating Pedestal (Stand) Fan
Offered by Zoozio Tv

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as..., 17 July 2014
For £16 you can't beat it. Had ours for a couple of months and it's on often and even on setting one it shifts some air let me tell you.

In summary - a good buy.

TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Got, like all the others we have., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've really come to like LED lights and buy them whenever the current lamps die. Overall I love their clean bright white colour and the immediate start rather than the take time to brighten that fluorescent bulbs take.

In short, I found this bulb like any other that I've bought, easy to install and as yet, have found the build quality on a par with each of them. If anything I'd say be mindful that some manufacturers charge significantly more for their bulbs than others...right now I don't know why. We've tried various bulbs at a variety of price points and unless we're storing a problem for another time, they all seems to perform the same.

In short, we like them (wife and I). Can I differentiate them from others? Other than by price - no.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16