Profile for annon > Reviews

Content by annon

annon

The Bettersleep Company Brand - Single Egyptian Cotton Mattress Protector - Luxury Hotel Quality Percale Fabric 30cm Extra Deep Skirt Machine Wash Anti Allergenic Easy Care Finish
Offered by The Better Sleep Company

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm very disappointed that the website description is NOT accurate, 22 Dec. 2014
This is NOT 100% cotton as advertised. Only the top cover is cotton, the backing is polypropylene. The mattress protector is advertised as safe to go in the tumble dryer, but my experience of polypropylene is that it melts in the tumble dryer. The reason I bought this mattress protector is because it was advertised as 100% cotton with Hollowfibre filling. There is no mention of it having a polypropylene backing until you receive it. If it says it on the package, why does the description on the website NOT inform the customer. The advertised description is misleading. I will be returning this it. I'm very disappointed that the website description is NOT accurate. I avoid buying mattress protectors with polypropylene because in my experience they always melt in the tumble dryer!

16 Colour Direct Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement For Epson Stylus S22 SX125 SX130 SX230 SX235W SX420W SX425W SX430W SX435W SX438W SX440W SX445W BX305F BX305FW Plus Printers Printers 4 Black 4 Cyan 4 Magenta 4 Yellow
Offered by Colour Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor ink quality and inks keep stopping, 1 Dec. 2013
These are very poor quality inks. The print quality is weak, but worst of all, the inks keep stopping. When I replace an ink, it might work for a short time only to stop working. I then have to take it out, shake it up and reinstall it. This of course wastes loads of ink as the printer then uses lots of ink recharging. Then the inks will work for a few more pages when another colour will stop working even though it is showing as full (and it only printed a few pages). I then have to take the ink out and shake it again when another colour will stop. Because I have to keep taking the inks out to shake them to get them to work again, it means that the inks are running out so quickly as to be very uneconomical. I would definitely NOT buy any ink from this supplier again. Very poor quality ink and the inks just keep stopping.

Plain Leggings - Long - Full Length - Available in a Wide Selection of Colours and Sizes
Price: £0.60 - £9.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Very thin and extremely poor quality, 11 Feb. 2013
My daughter ordered these leggings and when they arrived I was shocked at how thin they were. I could see right through them. We held them up to the window and could see the car across the street through the fabric (no lie...I've got the photos to prove it!). Contacted the seller but not a lot of joy. Seller said we can return them, but we have to pay postage despite the leggings not being the item photographed (or if it is, it is very artistic photography). Not happy at all. We will be returning the leggings despite having to lose out on returns postage and would never buy another thing from this seller again. Sorry.

For Love and Courage: The Letters of Lieutenant Colonel E.W. Hermon from the Western Front 1914 - 1917
by Lieutenant Colonel E. W. Hermon

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best eyewitness accounts of WWI, 12 Oct. 2012
This book is a 'must read' for anyone interested in history. It is a story of bravery, courage and humility in the face of such adversity as the trenches of WWI. But the account is far from depressing. In fact, Lieutenant Colonel Hermon (who was known as 'Robert' to his family)relays details of daily life on the front with a positive courageous uplifting spirit, to his faithful wife and beloved children in a series of letters that he wrote home. I am halfway through the book and I find it difficult to put it down. All thanks to his grand-daughter, Anne Nason who has so kindly shared these personal memoirs with the world. A truly inspiring read written by a truly inspirational man.

Timex Easy Reader Women's White Dial Expansion Band T2H371
Timex Easy Reader Women's White Dial Expansion Band T2H371

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch strap too small and tight for average wrist, 31 Dec. 2011
I bought this watch for my teenage daughter who is of slim/average build. She loved the watch, but the metal elasticated strap is so small and tight that it leaves deep red painful marks on her wrist. She is of slender to average build and of average height so as this watch is sold as a 'ladies' watch, the strap seems too tight and small. Perhaps if the elasticated strap were a bit less tight, it would have been perfect. But, sadly, we have sent it back as the strap makes the watch too painful for her to wear.

12 pack, Epson stylus compatible printer ink cartridges for sx218, S20,S21, SX100, SX105, SX110, SX115, SX200, SX205, SX210, SX215, SX400, SX405, SX410, SX415, SX515W, SX209, SX405 WIFI, SX510W, SX515W, SX600FW, SX610FW, BX300F, D78, D92, D120, DX4000, DX4050, DX4400, DX4450, DX5000, DX5050, DX6000, DX6050, DX7000F, DX7400, DX7450, DX8400, DX8450, DX9400F, BX300F, BX600FW, SX600FW, t0715 multipack x 3, t0711 black x 3, t0712 cyan x 3, t0713 magenta x 3, t0714 yellow x 3, New latest chipped highest capacity compatible ink cartridges, 12 months warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good ink, 12 Jun. 2011
I purchased these ink cartridges for a brand new Epsom printer. Initially I used the genuine Epsom ink that came with the printer and the print quality of my printer was excellent. I ran out of black ink so I replaced it with one of the black ink cartridges supplied with this pack of 'compatible' Epsom ink. Immediately the print quality deteriorated to the point that the printouts became virtually unreadable as every couple of lines are missing. I have tried performing cleaning cycles (wasting so much of my expensive genuine Epsom coloured ink that is still in my printer) and I have tried taking the black 'compatible' ink out and shaking it and replacing it. Both actions only result in a temporary improvement in print quality as the black ink (the 'compatible' black replacement cartridge) soon blocks the printer heads again.

I have written to the seller and requested a full refund. I am awaiting a reply.

Joan of Arc (DK Biography (Paperback))
Joan of Arc (DK Biography (Paperback))
by Kathleen V Kudlinski

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent biography series, 17 Dec. 2010
I bought about a dozen of these DK biography books and each one is fantastic. As you would expect from DK the books are filled with good pictures and photographs and the books are interesting and appealing to children (and to their parents too!). I've been so interested by Joan of Arc since visiting Chateau de Chinon in France and this book gave a lovely insight into her life. These books are well worth reading.

Luxurious 90% Down Filled Single Size Duvet , 140x220cm , 240 GSM Filling approx 10.5 Tog , 600 Fill Power, Warm Light Weight Duvet with 90% Duck Down and 10% Feather Filling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product at a fantastic price, 17 Dec. 2010
I ordered two of these duvets back in the early Autumn expecting a cold winter. We've not been disappointed. The duvet is well constructed, soft, fluffy and very warm. Everything you want in a down duvet really. I had a question about the duvet when it first arrived and I telephoned the company and the man I spoke with answered my question knowledgeably and politely. An excellent product. Good service from the company as well.

The Roman Mysteries: The Assassins of Rome: Book 4
The Roman Mysteries: The Assassins of Rome: Book 4
by Caroline Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Caroline Lawrence is one of the best children's writers!, 13 Feb. 2010
I am now reading this book by Caroline Lawrence. I have read the other four books in the series before this one. I bought these books for my 12 year old daughter and she has devoured each book she has read in the series thus far with such enthusiasm.

This series is excellent. Caroline Lawrence is not only a superb story teller, but she is a highly qualified authority in the field of ancient history. Her books are as historically accurate as possible, but they do not read like history books. These books are absorbing, enthralling and are so believable. Caroline Lawrence is every bit the consummate story teller and she expertly weaves fictional characters into real historical events.

In addition, the author thoroughly researches and visits the places where her stories are set. As a result she uses the most superb 'eye witness' accounts of historical events. Her books are fantastic and she gives birth to wonderful characters who are so believable and 'real' that my daughter and I found ourselves really caring about what happened to them (even the fictional ones).

These books should be on every key stage 2 and key stage 3 classroom shelf in the country because they really bring ancient history to life in such a vivid and thoroughly engaging way.

Caroline Lawrence is up there with the best and most significant children's writers of our time. May she continue to write such fantastic literature for our children to sink their imaginations into!

A Puzzle a Day: A Collection of Mathematical Problems for Every Day of the School Year
by Vivien Lucas

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed, 13 Feb. 2010
I bought this book for my two children who are both in secondary school. I was sorely disappointed the moment I opened this book. It is poorly presented, there are no explanations to explain how to do any of the puzzles and as far as I can see, some of the answers are not correct. I cannot work out how to do puzzle one and when I checked the answer and worked backwards to solve it, the answer does not seem to be correct. I emailed the publishers and complained and they offered to have the author email me with an explanation of the answers, but as yet the author has not replied back. There are a lot better books on the market at this price. I will be asking for refund on my book. Very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2010 10:29 AM GMT