Profile for h.glenister@talk21.com > Reviews

h.glenister@talk21.com (bedfordshire,england)

Street Vibes 5
Street Vibes 5
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars MELLOW,PUMPIN',CHILLED,FUNKY, SIMPLY DELICIOUS-GOBBLE UP NOW, 30 Jun. 2000
This review is from: Street Vibes 5 (Audio CD)
this is quite simply the best r'n'b album I have ever had the pleasure to listen to, and I have listened to quite a few! Street vibes 5 has a mixture of tracks which span the whole horizon of r n' b, from sultry ballads and beat blasting dancefloor rythyms, to uplifting gospel and mellow, chilled vibes. it's all here, ready for the taking and I strongly advise you to take it!

Performance And Cocktails
Performance And Cocktails
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars a cocktail of fine champagne,cheap beer and pure good music, 24 Jan. 2000
This album is brilliantly, superbly, wonderfully created to bring just the right songs in the right amount to your ears. I love all the songs on it, but that may just be because I am a huge 'phonics fan. Some songs don't seem to fit into their useful full-blown indie-rock style and that may take some getting used to, but once you do, you won't be able to tear it out of your CD player!

Moon Island
Moon Island
by Rosie Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars compelling? i think not!, 24 Jan. 2000
This review is from: Moon Island (Paperback)
I started this book with high hopes as I usually like a good spooky story. But the book's description led me astray, rather than being the spine tingelling emotional chiller I envisaged, it turned out to be a book about the personal problems of a pubesent teenager. Some of the description was remotley good, I'll admit that. But I honestly found the characters boring and shallow and the 'heroine' May, a total wimp! I really wanted to finish the book just to be over with it.

Maddy Goes to Hollywood
Maddy Goes to Hollywood
by Maureen Martella

3.0 out of 5 stars borderline stuff, 12 Jan. 2000
the change of location was so quick that- blink and you'll miss it! very clever plot though with a ' haven't we heard this all before ?' sigh and then a sharp jolt as you realise you are wrong and very surprised! the charcters though were a bit dull and weren'r described in too much depth. ok.

City Girl
City Girl
by Patricia Scanlan

5.0 out of 5 stars the saving grace of my book shelf, 12 Jan. 2000
This review is from: City Girl (Paperback)
Having gone through weeks of reading depressingly awful books; i was on the search for something fresh to perk me up, in buying city girl... i certainly found it. The characters were all so different and vibrant, i found myself sharing something with all of them. The plot itself was so deliciously different that i could not bring myself to put the book down even for a moment. Quite awe inspiring .

Tulip Fever
Tulip Fever
by Deborah Moggach

3.0 out of 5 stars Average but interesting, 12 Jan. 2000
This review is from: Tulip Fever (Paperback)
This book got started very quickly, the plot took turns and leaps which made you sit up and take notice. Although the actual plot was very basic, the author introduced vibrant new characters throughoutto keep the interest. Tragic ending though