Profile for Only Me > Reviews

Content by Only Me

Only Me

Anker® TC940 Ultra-Thin Keyboard Case / Cover for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - Smart Cover and Built-in 800mAh Lithium Battery
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Sept. 2014
Really great value for money and a perfect fit for my iPad 2.

Xperitus BOS-26U Hi-Speed Quality Micro USB To USB Cable (Pack of 5) 1 Meter Braided Tangle Free [Type-B] Compatible with Samsung Mobile Phones Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 1020, Galaxy S3, Moto G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch, Sony Xperia, HTC One And More (Green, White, Black, Red, Blue) [Micro USB Cable] Free 30 Days Money Back Guarantee [18 Months Warranty]
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking, Sturdy and Great Value, 19 Sept. 2014
Cheap, but attractive, sturdy and surprisingly good quality for the price. Early days but appear to be sturdy. Very neatly packaged. My HTC One warned about slow charging (once) when first plugged in but haven't noticed any real difference and charge rate seems fine.

Beautiful Ruins
Beautiful Ruins

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Ruins (Kindle Edition)
Then fizzled quickly. Found it quite dull after a while. Very American and characters are quite annoying! There are a few good bits about the Cinque Terre.

GIANTS
GIANTS

5.0 out of 5 stars A Giant album by a Giant band, 24 Mar. 2012
This review is from: GIANTS (Audio CD)
I have been 'with' the Stranglers since 1977. The frission of buying Black and White with the free white EP is one of my fondest (and earliest) musical memories. Their posters were on my walls and I eagerly awaited every new release. I remained loyal to them right up to departing home for University in 1983. Their decline has set in by then and my tastes wandering in other directions. Although still loyal and wanting to love them like I did their first 4 albums, by the early 90's we went our seperate ways. After Hugh left I pretty much ignored them until I caught 'Big Thig Coming' on the radio 6-7 years ago and thought 'my band is back', the keyboards, jagged guitar swirling keyboards 'dirty bass' and the thumping Mr Black.

Since then I have liked their releases, although they never quite captured the 'glory days' and still,like many, pined for Hugh. I thought I'd give them another go and became became a fan again when I attended the Roundhouse concert in 2008, get the DVD if you can find it, what a gig that was and left me thinking 'Hugh who'? JJ, Dave and Jet were as tight as can be and Baz Warne seemed to be a great fit - great guitarist and decent singer to boot.

And so, to Giants. Trust me, it's a grower. Listen to it more than once and the quality of the song writing will start to come through. Like many reviewers here I love the album. For me the absolute belter, stand out track is 'Freedom is Insane' an awesome song with shades of 'Midnight Summer Dream' in the intro and outro and 'Toiler' in the main body of the song. Other reviewers have covered the rest of album - 'Boom Boom' is a great pop song, 15 steps a superb close. In between there is rarely a let up in quality. This speaks of a band who take great pride in what they put out, despite the fact that only a small minority of the music buying public will actually listen to their output.

It's a shame that so many people will miss out on Giants. So few of us will get the pleasure from hearing these great songs written by one of the greatest ever bands and, yes, that now includes you Mr Baz Warne!

Replacement Foam Earpads 10 PACK for Sennheiser MX 60 / MX 160 / MX 270 / MX 370 / MX 500 / MX 560 / MX 660 / MX 760 / MX 880 / MX 80 Sport II Also Compatible With Most Other Headphones (13mm Black)
Offered by ICC-TECH

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but splits too easily, 7 Aug. 2011
These were ideal for my Sony back band headphones but one of the foam earpads split after just 2 weeks of light use. Would still recommend as this size is tricky to find for the money.

PowerBee ® Solar Ray Solar Shed Light 48 Superbright led's Motion Activated Mains equivalent for your garden shed, garage or outbuilding

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 7 Aug. 2011
Having just put up my 'man shed' at the top of a 200ft long garden, I quickly realised that electricity was not going to be an economic solution and I needed another way to cast light in my new creation after the sun had gone down. I found this 'brilliant' light - both in terms of the light it casts and for the ease of installation. It is also surpringly compact. Top marks for both value for money and speed of delivery too.

Bubblegum
Bubblegum

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Genius, 30 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Bubblegum (Audio CD)
Hmmm..I have never committed my written opinions to anywhere on the web, but this album is simply magnificent. There is perhaps only one weak song.Can't Come Down. Every other track is a work of smouldering genius. The greatest release in 2004 (of the decade?. Nothing, nothing comes close.
If you like your music intelligent (Bombed), passionate (Come to Me), heartfelt (Like Little Willie John), honest (Wedding Dress)and (slightly) dark (When Your Number Isn't Up) this is for you.
I didn't think Songs for the Deaf or Field Songs could be topped. This makes them look ordinary.
Buy It.