Profile for Annie Burrows > Reviews

Content by Annie Burrows

Annie Burrows

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dying for a Date (Laurel McKay Mysteries Book 1)
Dying for a Date (Laurel McKay Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining read, 27 Mar. 2016
I would read more by this author as she can write very well - loved the touches of humour.

Summer Charade
Summer Charade

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet regency romance, 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Summer Charade (Kindle Edition)
A charming, sweet, and well-written regency romance. Most enjoyable.

Rebecca (VMC)
Rebecca (VMC)
by Daphne Du Maurier

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the film, 29 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Rebecca (VMC) (Paperback)
I bought this because it was my book group's choice for the month - but once I got started I could hardly bear to put it down.

The Christmas Knot: A Slightly Gothic Regency Mystery Romance Novella
The Christmas Knot: A Slightly Gothic Regency Mystery Romance Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars A keeper, 22 Dec. 2015
I loved the fact that the author told us exactly what we were getting: "A slightly gothic regency christmas romance". ! And I was amazed at how much emotion she managed to pack into such a short story. I have marked it "worth a second read".

No Conventional Miss (Mills & Boon Historical)
No Conventional Miss (Mills & Boon Historical)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read for Hallowe'en, 10 Dec. 2015
This is Eleanor Webster's debut for Harlequin, and very accomplished it is too! The writing is at times really beautiful, and the rapport between the hero and heroine is both touching and believable.
It is also the perfect book to read at Hallowe'en if you like just a touch of spookiness mixed in with your historical romance.

The Enchanted April: A Trilogy
The Enchanted April: A Trilogy

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 21 Nov. 2015
I remember watching the film of this some time ago and thinking it was lovely. There are some delightful characters in this, and it says quite a bit about the relationship between men and women in Edwardian England. Charming.

Textured Silver Tone Turtle Pendant Hunter Case Key Ring Watch
Textured Silver Tone Turtle Pendant Hunter Case Key Ring Watch
Offered by Hst Store

4.0 out of 5 stars sweet little gift, 9 Nov. 2015
sweet little watch for clipping onto key ring or purse. Gave away as a gift, so can't let you know if it works reliably or not, though!

Bewitching
Bewitching

4.0 out of 5 stars Regency witch marries a duke, 19 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Bewitching (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable story, so long as you are willing to suspend all your critical faculties.

Four Sides to Every Story
Four Sides to Every Story

5.0 out of 5 stars A quirky tale of magic and love., 13 July 2015
This is a quirky tale of magical beings who take an interest in the affairs of ordinary mortals. I really enjoyed this story, which is very well-written. The descriptive passages alone are done in such vivid detail that you really feel as if you can see the setting.

Behind The Scenes At The Museum
Behind The Scenes At The Museum
by Kate Atkinson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Create a family tree to keep track of secondary characters!, 29 Jun. 2015
I bought this book because it was the month's choice for a book group to which I belong. I remember reading this when I was much younger, and enjoying it so much I kept it on my shelf for years. Only threw it away when I moved house and had to cull (typical!). However, I didn't get as much enjoyment from it this time round - or at least, I couldn't see why I'd kept it for so long, with the intention to re-read. Perhaps it was because I knew about the twist regarding Pearl? Or because nowadays, I prefer a less complicated read? It would have been helpful to create a family tree while I was reading, to keep track of who everyone was.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5