Profile for Cicvarek > Reviews

Content by Cicvarek

Cicvarek "Fussy Reader" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hemline Instant Fusible Iron On Hemming Tape for Hems Black
Hemline Instant Fusible Iron On Hemming Tape for Hems Black
Offered by GUR Sewing Machines
Price: 4.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not do instant hemming, 3 Dec 2013
... and the instructions given with it are awfully poor. Waste of money and time trying to work it out.

Hemline Instant Fusible Iron On Hemming Tape for Hems Grey x 2 Packs

Parlux 385 Power Light Ionic and Ceramic White
Offered by Shopgirl Europe
Price: 78.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great promise - awful product experience, 3 Dec 2013
Splashing out nearly a 100 for a hairdryer does preclude some research. I did just that, and the results seemed to indicate that Parlux's new module is just the ticket for great hairdrying.
Delivery was fast, as always with Prime - no fault in that.
I faced my first disappointment upon unpacking the dryer: it came with a continental two pin plug. I wasn't overly worried (as I have several converters at home and this happened before with other items) but I checked the product description and that does not mention this issue. So I contacted Amazon, who told me that this was sent to me in error, however, even if they organise a replacement it would be with a two pin plug. (Then how can this be an error? Never mind.) Amazon promptly applied a 10% refund and asked me to purchase my own plug converter. Fair enough.
Then the next (bad) surprise came upon switching on the dryer - I expected the low, robust purr of a professional dryer. What I got was a rickety high pitch noise, reminiscent of the dying noises of my beloved old dryer which gave up its soul just two days prior after 5 years faithful service. Not good.
On the plus side, after getting over the first two disappointments, it did dry my hair quickly - although nowhere near the "silky, flawless finish" the ionic and ceramic nature of the product suggest.

And then came the final blow: upon switching out the dryer sparks just by the switch under the plastic handle became visible - two spark each time we switched off the dryer, to be precise. At that point I made my mind up to return it - together with the diffuser I bought with it. No point pushing this any further: the two pin plug, the dying noise, and then the sparks just made the purchase of this product an exercise in futility.

Shame, as the performance when it come to drying was rather good. But does not worth risking electrocution.

Skinny Jeans At Last! Secrets To Long Term Weight Loss Surgery Success
Skinny Jeans At Last! Secrets To Long Term Weight Loss Surgery Success
Price: 1.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some useful answers for questions we seek, 16 May 2013
I read dozens of WLS books before and just after my surgery and they helped a lot.
But now, two years in I had a different set of questions and problems and none of them had any useful input on them: why do we fail?, what's the real cause of success/failure in WLS? And, most importantly, what can we do to "fix" ourselves and get back on track and closer to our goals?

I'm happy to report that I've finally found some answers!

Evernote
Evernote
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps to keep my mind clear, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Evernote (App)
Having a place where I collect all my ideas, finds, projects, next actions and so helps me have a clear and relaxed mind.

Inquisition
Inquisition
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting promise but..., 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Inquisition (Kindle Edition)
it didn't quite fulfil it. A bit rush and childish ending.
I felt left a bit empty and wanting to know more about the fate of the main characters.

The Colony
The Colony
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I felt cheated, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Colony (Kindle Edition)
The synopsis was promising so I went for it.
I wish I weren't bothered...
Amateur, staggered, without real conclusion.
I'm sorry to say this, but it was a waste of time.

The Nosferatu Scroll
The Nosferatu Scroll
by James Becker
Price: 6.43

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry, but waste of time..., 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Nosferatu Scroll (Paperback)
I was excited to read this book during the festive season - nothing like a good escapade from the busy family life...
Oh, was I disappointed!? Yes.
Very weak story line, blurred references... And I do like the genre.
I hoped for a good read, but I could hardly finish it.

Cuisipro 747134 Herb Keeper
Cuisipro 747134 Herb Keeper
Price: 23.18

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing for keeping cut herbs!, 18 Feb 2011
This is bulkier than you think - it might just fit into the biggest drawer on your fridge's door. It might not.
But don't let this put you off from buying it! If you like to cook with fresh herbs but do not possess Jamie Oliver's always sprouting herb garden, then this is the gadget for you!
Honestly, whatever herb I put in it (basil, parsley, coriander, thyme, holy basil, mint - anything) it will keep it fresh for WEEKS on end! Not kidding! I was absolutely amazed - I had my little "tricks" to try to keep cut herbs fresh(ish), but this tops all by means of long weeks!
I can recommend it to any self-respecting cooking enthusiast (especially at winter).

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a bit disappointed..., 18 Feb 2011
First of all, this is a very well made tool. And I'm sure it can do magic in expert hands.
However... I could not master it - yet (I hope). I haven't completely given up on it, but I can get much nicer and faster results (i.e. gorgeous locks) using my GHD...
If you know how to use this - and I don't mean simply how to operate and having a vague idea on the "moves", but really, really in the know - them I'm sure you will like it. If you are not a curling expert, then go and check out some videos on the moves before you purchase, as the examples on the site look fab but in real life their rather lack lustre... That's what I'm planning to do - or just put it in the drawer with the dozens of other once bought but never used clever beauty gadgets.

Page: 1 | 2