Profile for Tinker Bell > Reviews

Content by Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell "lili" (London, Englad)

The Extra Virgin Kitchen - The No.1 Bestseller: Everyday Healthy Recipes Free From Wheat, Dairy and Refined Sugar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read and delicious recipes..., 4 Feb. 2015
What a great read! Love the author's sense of humour and writing style, both informative and fun. Spent a small fortune in Whole Foods stocking up on some of the featured ingredients but it has been worth every penny, as all the recipes tried so far have been delicious and simple to make:
Peanut butter brownies (amazing)
Metro muesli with chia jam
Chia and chai breakfast pudding (now a daily staple)
Scrambled tofu
Rye banana bread
Sweet potato, coconut and lemongrass soup
Irish superfood salad
Red daal with wilted spinach and poached egg
I am slowly working my way through the rest, confident they will be equally tasty (and good for me!).

Nigella Lawson - Deluxe Collection (7 DVD)
Nigella Lawson - Deluxe Collection (7 DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Jun. 2010
I couldn't decide which Nigella DVD to start with so decided to get this brilliant collection instead. It proved much better value than purchasing the different series individually. Lovely packaging, great production and obviously you can't go wrong with Nigella! The only downside is that the "Feast" series is not included in this collection, but I knew this before I ordered so I still give it 5 stars and will be ordering Feast next.

Sheconomics
Sheconomics
by Karen J. Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd read it years ago!, 6 April 2010
This review is from: Sheconomics (Paperback)
I loved this book. It is well written and easy to read. Obviously aimed at the female reader but I'm sure there are a few men who could use some tips from this too. I have already put many of the suggestions into practice, and it has really opened my eyes to the merits of paying off the mortgage and living as debt-free as possible. I only wish I could have read this book years ago as I might have been rich by now! A brilliant gift for a student, and should be given to every young female with their first pay cheque! The accompanying website is also worth a look. Money very well-spent as it will save me a fortune in the long-run. I feel my finances are already more organised than ever before, and they can only get better now that I know not to bury my head in the sand over debt and monthly budgeting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2010 9:04 AM BST

Leon: Ingredients & Recipes: Ingredients and Recipes
Leon: Ingredients & Recipes: Ingredients and Recipes
by Allegra McEvedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Six Stars, 11 Feb. 2009
I love this book! I think this has to be one of my favourite cookbooks. I bought it as a Christmas present for my sister as we love going to the Leon restaurants, and couldn't believe it when she also bought it for me! The first half of the book is a comprehensive glossary of food and ingredients, what's good for you, in season and where things come from. It has lovely features including pull outs and "cupboard" doors which open out. The second half is full of lovely recipes and none of them have disappointed so far. It is beautifully illustrated, witty and educational, and a must for any modern or rustic kitchen.
I would give this 6 stars if I could!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2010 10:14 AM BST

Kenwood CP666 Curry Slow Cooker
Kenwood CP666 Curry Slow Cooker

5.0 out of 5 stars Curries and More!, 11 Feb. 2009
I ordered this product as a Christmas present to me from my parents, and I'm very glad I did! As I love curries and live on my own, I decided the size and design was perfect for me (larger pots aren't as good for cooking smaller quanities).
I have actually only cooked one curry in it so far though, as I have been trying out various other recipes, including bolognese, rice pudding and stock and all have been delicious. It comes with a Patak's recipe book which I haven't used as it is mainly cooking with jars of ready made sauces, and I prefer cooking with fresh ingredients. There is also a handy instruction manual including a few regular recipes which I have tried and these are good. So don't be put off by the name, treat yourself to a couple of general slow cooker recipe books and experiment.
This doesn't have a timer facility like some of the more expensive models, but I knew that before I purchased so will not deduct any stars, and it isn't as sturdy as some of the bigger models, but you get what you pay for, and this is good value for money.
I love the fact that this looks completely different to any other model on the market, and the purple ceramic pot looks great when served on the table.
A very good buy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2010 10:12 AM BST