Profile for Rob Muscroft > Reviews

Ypll
Ypll
Price: 11.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferocious, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Ypll (Audio CD)
I've never heard anything like this, the energy involved is just mental and the way the songs start and end so abruptly and viciously pumps you up like nothing else. I can't recommend it enough for people into heavy music.

Seeed
Seeed
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid album but something is lost in translation, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Seeed (MP3 Download)
Don't get me wrong it's an awesome album that everyone should own but I was disappointed when I got the album and realised that a lot of the tracks had been translated to english.
The biggest example of this in my mind is Augenbling becoming Blink Blink, the song's still good but there's something about the German version that works better.

Lies
Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars Its free why wouldn't you?, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lies (MP3 Download)
Got it while it was free on amazon and its a great track. Fantastic voice on the singer. Would highly recommend.

One Of Us Is The Killer
One Of Us Is The Killer
Price: 10.59

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums of the year, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: One Of Us Is The Killer (Audio CD)
Absolutely fantastic - perhaps not as good as some of their earlier albums but still significantly better than most other stuff.
Classic Dillinger in that there's a few accessible sing-along tracks (One Of Us Is The Killer, Nothing's Funny) and then there's also a few shall we say less accessible ones (Prancer, Understanding Decay); as with all Dillinger albums, it's definitely an acquired taste.
A moment to look out for is the breakdown in 'Hero Of The Soviet Union' that is so raw and powerful it makes you want to punch a wall or something.
Just buy it.

Love Triangles, Hate Squares
Love Triangles, Hate Squares
Price: 10.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid second album, 10 Jun 2013
I can't decide whether I like it. I love the band don't get me wrong, it's just the first album was so good and I was really hoping that they'd bring back that energy on a better recording with a bit more money behind them. Some of the fun and excitement of the computers is found in 'Selina Chinese' which in my opinion is the best track on the album and I love the singing in Disco Sucks and CRUEL but there just needs to be one or two more up beat, high tempo, smash-your-instruments-to-pieces tracks because the album just drags.
And I wish it didn't, 'cause they're a really great band.

Kingdom Of Your Own EP
Kingdom Of Your Own EP
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Please make more music, 10 Jun 2013
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE, I will buy it! These guys are so good, I don't understand how they aren't yet famous. I followed fires is just so good and the waves is one of those songs that just gets better and better as it goes.

Open Your Eyes
Open Your Eyes
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun EP by a soon-to-be-very-popular band., 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Open Your Eyes (MP3 Download)
Just great, Tough At The Top, High Grade and Chronicles are just awesome tracks. I still prefer the other EP just for Gentleman's Sleng but as a whole EP this is much stronger.

What We Become
What We Become
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Cool, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: What We Become (MP3 Download)
There is some incredible musicianship on this album, the drumming is insane at times, not in an obvious way but in a subtle skillful way. My only complaint is that when the piano is playing the band sounds incredible, but at times the synth kinda ruins it. But that's just my opinion.

Blood & Chemistry
Blood & Chemistry
Price: 11.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Blood & Chemistry (Audio CD)
The EP was insane, this somehow manages to be better. If you don't believe me listen to Triptych and then remember that the guitarist is also the singer.