Profile for Robert J. Bloem > Reviews

Robert J. Bloem

Tomorrow, In A Yea
Tomorrow, In A Yea

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeing Ears, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Tomorrow, In A Yea (Audio CD)
**** & 1/2

The Knife have yet to make just less than a good album. Deep Cuts was the most access able , and was still not for the faint heated. In a Year Tomorrow has the same snow covered landscapes as Silent Shout in many years from yesterday. More like the album Biosphere and The Higher Intelligence Agency have made together..
I am a huge fan of all their music, including Fever Ray. A fan of early 90's The Orb,Orbital,Underworld,Biosphere and most recently Digitalism,ect...
I would have any Knife album than no album. buy the Mp3 version if not sure.
And check out last years Steven Wilson's GRACE FOR DROWNING...

Geronimo
Geronimo

4.0 out of 5 stars Indie/Folk, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Geronimo (MP3 Download)
If you took Mike Scott out of the Waterboys , and you like your music played on the back porch. The music is more earthy than the waterboys, and will appeal to any Indie/folk/Irish music genre.

Gish
Gish

5.0 out of 5 stars While siting on a fence.., 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Gish (Audio CD)
On one side you had Nirvana's Nevermind, while the other side was Pearl Jam's Ten. I was the one who sat on the fence listening to Gish, and I am still on that fence.
As box sets go, in terms of respect to the Artist and quality , the box set equals Sub Pop's 20th A.... of Bleach by Nirvana (A document more than a box set) and the The Smiths The Complete CD Box Set. And Jethro Tull's Aqualung 40th Ann.... ,Bob Dylan's Original Mono Recordings.
I do not mind the money side of life, when done with respect..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2012 11:14 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My God #2, 19 Nov 2011
This is the Special Edition I have Been waiting for, and has been at #1 on my wishlist since the dawn of 1997, or the CD. With Aqualung on Disc 01 and songs from side 2 and side 4 from Living In The Past (the double album) on Disc 02. Its a shame there is no Live Concert footage on DVD as a third Disc.

I have to agree with a Blu-ray Disc version being sold as a stand alone product. My #1 Album for this year is Steven Wilson's Grace for Drowning. I purchased both CD and Blu-ray audio-dvd versions, using the 96/24 stereo mix alone makes a must have experience over the CD version.

A new #1 on my wishlist!

The Best Of The Mono Box
The Best Of The Mono Box

5.0 out of 5 stars To exprience, 25 Oct 2010
The Sound is excellent, I am really surprised, I did not expect this, and I own the remasters of a few years back!

Chanbara Striptease [DVD]
Chanbara Striptease [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yoichi Matsuda

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeping a breast of things!, 26 Sep 2010
This review is from: Chanbara Striptease [DVD] (DVD)
Keeping a breast of things!

Chanbara Striptease is only related in name to Chanbara Beauty (OneChanbara). Chanbara Striptease is closer to a pink exploitation film, Ninja Vixens and more recent titles, Twin Blades of the Ninja and I Was a Teenage Ninja.

To me the draw card was Sasa Kanda (Attack Girls Swim Team vs The Undead), and also because it was Amazon, I went against my better judgment . Sasa Handa only makes a cameo appearance, in more ways than one. Makes me think what were they thinking off! Any one who has seen her misadventures in a man's pubic bath would know what I mean by cameo.

I really enjoyed Chanbara Beauty, and would wait for OneChanbara 2 (Zombie Killer Vortex) to be released locally.
Chanbara Beauty has been followed by OneChanbara 2 (Zombie Killer Vortex) overseas.

Only 3 stars for a cameo.

New Morning
New Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Remastered, 24 Aug 2010
This review is from: New Morning (Audio CD)
After reading the review whether the New Morning has been remastered or not. I went to Amazon.com to find out. New Morning has been remastered and released in 2009, and is listed on Amazon.com as remastered as the other 2004 remastered Albums are.

The Stiff Singles, The Peel Sessions & The Promo Videos (DVD)
The Stiff Singles, The Peel Sessions & The Promo Videos (DVD)
Offered by RevisionNet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 19 April 2010
Makes a great gift, or as a musical document. Quality packaging and sound. I transferred the whole bundle onto my hard drive, and have the box sitting along side my computer speakers.
Thanks Amazon!

Animalisms
Animalisms

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, 26 Mar 2010
This review is from: Animalisms (Audio CD)
This review concerns the sound quality. I read the reviews on Amazon.com before deciding to buy this version of Animalisms 2009. Having bought Animalism 2006 [Original recording remastered][Original recording reissued] a few weeks ago.I can say for certain the difference is huge, as both albums have a track called "'outcast", I used as my benchmark.I found my self being totally disappointed after the excellent remastering of Animalism witch I bought through Amazon.com. How any label can put out such a low quality mastering in this day and age is beyond me. Being Repertoire makes it more so!