Profile for LaoTsu > Reviews

Offered by Adelbrook

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Double Silver Plated Photo Frame
Just what I wanted.

Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 1)
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I came across this series, 7 Feb 2014
I am now on to my third book in this series. The main characters are an interesting mix. Frieda has that air of mystery, detachedness and intuition that I find beguiling. I like the writing which enables the story to flow energetically sometimes quickly at other times more slowly which adds to the layers of a finely crafted and intriguing plot.

Rubbernecker
Rubbernecker

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rubbernecker (Kindle Edition)
I read lots of crime novels. This was a very good one. A great idea for a story and the author weaves an intriguing story.

The Secret Speech
The Secret Speech
by Tom Rob Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating., 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Secret Speech (Hardcover)
This was not as good as Tom Rob Smith's first novel of the trilogy "Child 44" but it still gave a fascinating glimpse into the duplicitous and nasty side of living under Communism in the 1950s.

Agent 6
Agent 6
by Tom Rob Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Another interesting insight into Soviet Russia., 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Agent 6 (Hardcover)
Not as good as Child 44 (which I could hardly put down) but it was at a reasonable price and worth a read.

What to Eat Pad With Magnet
What to Eat Pad With Magnet
by Knock Knock
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted!, 8 Mar 2013
A friend bought us this pad about a year ago and we've just finished using it. Thankfully through good old Amazon, we are able to buy a replacement. It's so handy for us. We can plan our meals a week in advance and make up a shopping list based on them. It has a magnet to stick to the fridge door. Couldn't be handier.

Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow
Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow
by Peter Hoeg

2.0 out of 5 stars Taxing, 29 Dec 2012
It begins as a simple story about a woman (Miss Smilla) from Greenland trying to solve the murder of a little boy. However the more one reads the more she begins to resemble a female James Bond and the story becomes more and more convoluted. I have much better books to read so after reading about two thirds of it enough was enough.

Take Me to the Truth: Undoing the Ego
Take Me to the Truth: Undoing the Ego
by Nouk Sanchez

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 17 Dec 2012
I am working my way slowly through this book, underlining points that resonate with me. I have never read a book like it. It is helping me to understand the nature of what could be reality. It deals with the "ego-self" which needs to be understood before the true self can begin to emerge. For anyone wanting a framework for living authentically this book may well offer it. I hadn't come across some of the terminology before but I'm not put off by it. The concepts being dealt with cannot adequately be put into words but they need to be called by some names. The key to me is, "Will this book help me to discover the person I wish to be?" So far the answer is "Yes." I still have a lot more of the book to read but even if I take out of it what I've been learning in the first 64 pages it's been worth every penny.

Quality Bum Bag with 6 Zipped compartment
Quality Bum Bag with 6 Zipped compartment
Offered by Supreme Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Did my job., 17 Dec 2012
I could easily have given this five stars. It was very useful for a recent trip abroad. I was able to put so much in it......mobile 'phone, passport, keys, iPod and even my kindle. It made life so much easier at the airport when these things have to be put in the box. Instead of trying to remember which pockets these items were in, I just undid the buckle and popped the bag in the box. It was handy when I got on the 'plane too. Instead of fiddling about in the aisle to make sure I had all I needed for the flight I simply took off my coat and sat down. Four stars was only because I wouldn't imagine it's not that robust but that's only because I stuffed it. It would do my jobs for a few trips yet and for the price it's extremely good value.

Berghaus Brim Hat - Bay, Small/Medium
Berghaus Brim Hat - Bay, Small/Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great job., 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Berghaus Brim Hat (Sports Apparel)
A few years ago I bought a Tilley hat for when I go walking to protect my head from the sun's rays. It was just the job. However, in the summer I left it in France. Recently I needed another hat to go to Morocco. I was tempted to buy another Tilley but I thought it was a bit expensive to have two Tilleys. Seeing this Berghaus at a very reasonable price, I thought I'd give it a go. I'm very pleased I did. It protected my head from the sun. It's light and flexible-a great help when the weight of hand luggage is at a premium on flights.

Page: 1 | 2