Profile for Clark M > Reviews

Content by Clark M

Clark M

Star Trek: Typhon Pact #4: Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Star Trek: Typhon Pact #4: Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
by Dayton Ward
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Total disappointment, 3 Dec. 2012
After the Destiny trilogy that was exciting & had lots of action, cameos & brilliantly revealed how the Borg were created I wondered where the Trek series would go from there. David Mack started it off brilliantly with Zero Sum Game & from there on in anything that follows is going to have to be a great read to even get anywhere near. This sadly is one of those heavy let downs. The Andorian names makes you lose interest after the first few chapters, the focus of their antennae & colour of their skin is totally irrelevant.
I tried to persevere & it didn't work so I speed read the first 100 pages.
I skipped another 100 pages. Missed nothing & although the other reviews said the Tholians come in at the end I really couldn't take any more.
From the moment I opened the book & saw how small the print was & how many pages were in the book I knew it would be an uphill struggle. Sadly not a struggle that I would wish to endure. I didn't read all of this book, barely paid any attention to what I did read & strongly recommend you read only the back of the book & put it down.
I strongly doubt I have missed anything of any importance & will be using this book on the toilet.... Just not for reading.
A total waste of time.