Profile for TracyA > Reviews

Content by TracyA

TracyA "Cambridge Mummy" (Cambridge UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
by Robert Galbraith

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done JK!, 14 July 2013
Fantastic book, I don't know how J K Rowling managed to keep her authorship secret for so long. I couldn't put this book down once I'd started it, a good old as joined page turner

Black 61x91.5cm (24x36 Inch) Maxi Poster Frame
Black 61x91.5cm (24x36 Inch) Maxi Poster Frame
Offered by GB Posters

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory outcome, 25 Mar. 2013
Having previously written that my frame was broken when it arrived I felt it only fair to add that the sellers replied promptly to my complaint and agreed to send a replacement with no quibbles, instructing me to dispose of the broken frame. I wasn't looking forward to packing it up to send it back so this was very helpful.

DIGIFLEX High Resolution Spy Camcorder Pen with 4GB Internal Memory & Built in Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Dispute resolved, 17 May 2012
The first one of these I ordered arrived broken and as a result my son was disappointed. I must admit my earlier seller feedback was slightly coloured by this and on reflection that was unfair since I didn't really give Digiflex a chance to put things right. Once they had been made aware of the problem they were very keen to send a replacement as quickly as possible. Dispute now fully resolved and I have one very satisfied 12 year old spy who assures me the pen is 'awesome'.

Room: Picador Classic
Room: Picador Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they say, 31 Mar. 2011
How is it possible that a book about abduction, rape, imprisonment, desperation, and attempted suicide can be so utterly gripping and not at all depressing? This book had me hooked (almost ) from the start. Once I'd got over the slight irritation of all nouns being personified (I lay on bed, we climbed on table) and understood the reason for it, I simply couldn't put the book down. The author entirely inhabits the mind of a five year old boy and the story she tells is utterly compelling and life-affirming. This book had been recommended to me by several people and it was a joy to read something that really is as good as they say.

Toggi Hudson Country Boot
Toggi Hudson Country Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comfortable, 10 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Toggi Hudson Country Boot (Misc.)
I bought these because they're the only ones on the market that would fit over my 'riders' calves. A smart, warm and comfortable alternative to Hunters. The only problem is I'm reluctant to take them off to do jobs that really require wellies. However this does mean I've had a chance to test their 'waterproof' qualities, having hosed them down after mucking out. Very good, I'm tempted to buy them in green as well so I've got a 'smart pair' and a 'working' pair.

Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree
Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree
by Andy Stanton

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hilarious adventure, 10 Nov. 2010
The ONLY children's books I actually look forward to reading with my 7 year old. Another hilarious, clever adventure for Polly and her friends. The only problem with Mr Gum books is that they're not long enough, they should be Harry Potter size to satisfy our family of fans. I bought this for my youngest but found my other two (10 and 14) creeping in to listen at bed time. Wonderful.

Twilight
Twilight
Offered by Bridge Media UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Twilight (Audio CD)
Love it, love it, love it. Can't stop listening to it, especially Super Massive Black Hole.

Converse Chuck Taylor AS Speciality slip Tan plaid 308881 12 Child UK
Converse Chuck Taylor AS Speciality slip Tan plaid 308881 12 Child UK

3.0 out of 5 stars good looking but tricky, 9 Jun. 2009
The usual reliable Converse quality and a nice colour and pattern. However I bought these for my 6 yr old and they are incredibly difficult, not to mention painful, to get on. We always end up arguing just before leaving the house which is not ideal. I think I'll wait until he's old enough for laces.

How To Be [DVD] [2008]
How To Be [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a pretty face, 9 Jun. 2009
This review is from: How To Be [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I have watched this film endlessly since buying it and it keeps getting better and better. Robert Pattinson demonstrates what a fine young actor he is and shows a total lack of vanity and dedication to his craft. without the famously gorgeous hairstyle and cool wardrobe to distract you, his ability to utterly inhabit the pathetic but endearing lead character of Art is hugely impressive. This character starts the film at rock bottom and manages to sink even deeper during the course of the story. Only an actor of Pattinson's stature could bring this character to life in the way he does, and make the audience care so much about someone who is essentially a self-absorbed loser. If you are a fan of Robert Pattinson you have to see this film, and if you're wondering what all the hype is about, this will convince you.

The Haunted Airman [DVD]
The Haunted Airman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Offered by The Best Of Cinema

3.0 out of 5 stars nice try, Rob, 3 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Haunted Airman [DVD] (DVD)
Robert Pattinson plays brooding, tortured souls to perfection so he's perfect as the gorgeous but tormented crippled airman. It's just a shame this production isn't worthy of him. There's some distinctly dodgy dialogue, woefully inadequate co-stars (especially the doctor) and some very amateurish post-production. I've given it 3 stars only because Robert Pattinson is so beautiful that whatever he's in is worth watching. You have been warned.

Page: 1 | 2