Profile for Edward Simmons > Reviews

Content by Edward Simmons

Edward Simmons (United Kingdom)

Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook
Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT and apple product., 6 Jun. 2013
For the price this product is good value, but there are a few things that you should know that aren't in the product description.

This is NOT an apple product. It is a 3rd party knockoff but it does the job. Unfortunately it causes my trackpad (late 2010 MBP) to behave erratically. No idea why, but when this charger is plugged in, my trackpad becomes more difficult to use. Possibly due to stray charge passing across from the charger. This is extremely irritating, and would be avoided completely if I had actually bought an apple product.

All that being said, this copy is a lot cheaper, and it does charge the laptop so no complaints there. Just wish the product information wasn't so misleading.

Nerf Nerf N-Strike Longstrike CS-6
Nerf Nerf N-Strike Longstrike CS-6

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, 5 Jan. 2011
My brother got the Maverick Rev-6 for christmas and I was really impressed by it, and it inspired me to look for a Nerf gun of my own so I could join in on the fun. Now, it has to be said, that the out-of-the-box range on this gun is not terribly impressive (it's about 5-6 metres, not quite the claimed "35 feet"), so for me the modifications were almost a necessity. Non of them are particularly complicated, and I found the whole process to be really fun. I have also enjoyed painting it, which has added some real flare to the gun, and is the most creative thing i've done in ages.

To summarise:
For a slightly younger person, this toy is extremely fun and easy to use, durable, and safe.
For a slightly older person, this toy provides a lot of creative inspiration and genuine satisfaction.

Grandma's Boy [DVD]
Grandma's Boy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Linda Cardellini
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest films i've ever seen, 17 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Grandma's Boy [DVD] (DVD)
This film may seem a little ridiculous the first time you watch it, but the second time you watch it, it is definitely one of the funniest films ever. This is the best film in the world for funny quotations. Watch this film enough, like my friends and I have, and you can spend hours quoting jokes from it to one-another.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars For a 5mW it is awesome!, 7 Feb. 2010
As the other dude correctly noted, it is not the brightest laser on the planet, but that is due to the fact that it is only 5mW. But for a 5mW laser, it is brilliant. You'll find that it's actually more of a purple/ violet laser, unless you point it at something like a piece of paper or a towel, in which case it will be blue. My main concern before purchase was whether or not the beam would be visible at all (I do love a visible laser beam), but sadly, the beam is only really visible if you shine it through something like water vapor/ fog/ chalk dust/ cold air, that sort of thing. My dad's 50mW green laser is very very visible, even in the day time.
FOR A BLUE/ VIOLET LASER POINTER THIS IS A BARGAIN!!!!!! THIS IS AN EXTREMELY GOOD PRICE!!!!!!!