Profile for Jay Woodward > Reviews

Mastering Manga 2: Level Up with Mark Crilley
by Mark Crilley
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic compliment to Mastering Manga 1, 22 Dec 2013
I love this book as it does exactly as described. You level up with Mark Crilley, it's all right there on the cover. It's the second book and covers the next level of skills to help you develop.
It does have sections that beginners can follow, but it's aimed at helping others improve the skills they have already learned, plus some really cool new things too.
It has fantastic reference pages and pushes you to enhance your skills, the progression of examples (step by steps) are so easy to follow and really do show you a great way to draw, unlike other books that skip massive sections and leave you puzzled.

If you are a beginner or have not drawn manga before, I would advise book 1 first, only so that you can level up later with a strong base of skills.

One last thing that I have to "indicate" ;-) is that he has a YouTube channel, some of the things in the books covered on there, which is........FANTASTIC, not only have I got a book with it for reference, I can see him apply the techniques and talk about it on video.... what more do I need??? Its like having my own personal manga teacher...

Thank you Mark Crilley for all your books, they really helped me improve in a fun way ;-)