Profile for Mel > Reviews

Mens Black Cuffed Bottoms Tracksuit Jogging Trousers Large 36/38
Offered by Army And Workwear
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but ..., 4 Jun 2014
Bought these to replace an ageing pair of tracksuit bottom that are most definitely past their best.

The waist fit is perfect, however the leg length is a little short for my liking. If they did a 'long' version of these (another 2 inches), they'd be ideal.

I'm not complaining though. They're a decent price and comfortable.

Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Towel Ring, Chrome
Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Towel Ring, Chrome
Price: 12.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective, 23 May 2014
I bought this towel ring a couple of months ago to get another member of the household out of the habit of draping the towel over the bath every day.

I have to say I'm quite impressed. It's very simple to fit and has stayed on the bathroom wall quite happily since. The only improvement I'd like to see is the ring being placed more centrally on the mount so that you can have the opening either side. You still can turn it around, and it's more of an aesthetic thing on my part that I know it's upside down to have it facing the way I want.

Black Metal 2.5" to 3.5" ATX SSD Mounting Adapter Bracket Holder
Black Metal 2.5" to 3.5" ATX SSD Mounting Adapter Bracket Holder
Offered by A Brilliant Planet
Price: 2.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits nicely, with a little care, 21 May 2014
I bought this to go along with a new SSD. After reading some of the reviews regarding the screw fittings, I um'd and ah'd a bit before deciding to bite the bullet.

I'm happy to say that all four centre screw holes do line up on my Samsung 840, although it only works if you don't fully tighten one screw at a time. Put all four in loosely and then start screwing them down.

I'm not sure what the point of the screw holes at the bottom edges are for as I can't see them actually being useful for anything. Maybe if you're mounting the plate from below and they're just there to fix it to some other point ...

Really Useful A4 19L Suspension File Box - Clear
Really Useful A4 19L Suspension File Box - Clear
Price: 11.45

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent sized storage box for all my documentation, 3 Mar 2014
Not an awful lot to say. It's a solid plastic box for use with suspension files - suspension files NOT included, contrary to the product information that was displayed when I purchased it. The product info does seem to have been corrected now and does not mention the inclusion of these files.

Rybond A4 Suspension File (25 PACK) Manilla Heavyweight with Tabs and Inserts A4 Green for filing cabinets - MAKE THE GREENER CHOICE - Contains up to 50% postconsumer recycled content.
Offered by Rybond
Price: 5.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 Mar 2014
As with another reviewer, the files delivered were not Rybond. Mine were Q-Connect.

They do what I need them to though, and have enough plastic inserts and labels, so I'm not going to complain over the brand.

Underneath the Tree
Underneath the Tree
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rate the song, not the app, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Underneath the Tree (MP3 Download)
I'm going to give this song a 5 star review just to counterpoint the previous reviewer's rant that's an unfair rating and has nothing to do with the song itself.

As for the song, it's a decent upbeat and catchy Christmas tune that will likely find its way on to future Christmas compilation albums. It's also significantly better than a lot of the other monotonous drivel that passes for pop music (One Direction I'm looking at you).

Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 64-Bit, OEM (PC) (This OEM software is intended for system builders only)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 12 Dec 2013
I've been running Ubuntu Server for the last year on my HP Microserver. After the latest Ubuntu upgrade came out, I dutifully installed it, but sadly something went wrong and it managed to make a mess of the software I was running.

Deciding it was time for a clean start, and being slightly bored of doing everything via the commandline (yes, I know I could have installed a distro with a GUI), I decided I'd give WHS a bash. With the exception of the multitude of hotfixes that I needed to download after installing (come on MS, I know you're closing the doors on WHS, but a service pack would be lovely ...), everything is working nicely, and it's nice being back in familiar territory when it comes to server management :-)

WD 3 TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Green
WD 3 TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Green
Price: 78.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap storage, 12 Dec 2013
Bought this drive to add to my WHS 2011 drive pool. Nice and quiet and no problems to report so far.

Chess Pro 3D
Chess Pro 3D
Price: 0.64

1.0 out of 5 stars won't play, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Chess Pro 3D (App)
As with the previous poster, the game starts but when you click play you get a black screen, and that's it.

Zens Universal Qi Single Wireless Charging Plate with UK Mains Adapter Compatible with Google Nexus 4, 5, 7 Tablet and smartphones - Black
Price: 39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Fancy cooking your phone?, 9 Sep 2013
A friend mentioned this as a wireless charger, and on paper it seems like a good idea.

As a Prime member, this arrived next day for me, and the day after it was sent straight back.

It's a lot smaller than I was expecting (not its fault particularly as I obviously hadn't noted the dimensions), but after switching it on and leaving my Nexus 4 on it for about 10 minutes, the back of the phone was extremely hot to the touch.

I think I'll stick with USB cables.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4