Profile for Val R > Reviews

Celtic Prayers from Iona
Celtic Prayers from Iona
by J. Philip Newell

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected!, 14 Jan. 2010
This is a beautifully produced book, but I thought it would be more like the wonderful 'Celtic Daily Prayer', but it is a very slim book, with prayers for each day of the week - all set out in calligraphy, so the content is limited somewhat. This makes a good companion to Celtic Daily Prayer.

Hello Children Everywhere
Hello Children Everywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great CD!, 29 Sept. 2009
This CD is full of traditional songs that I was brought up on, but younger people don't seem to know as well nowadays. They are all original recordings too. I'd forgotten how witty some of these old songs are. A 'must buy' if you want a nostalgic trip!

Celtic Daily Prayer (Northumbria Community)
Celtic Daily Prayer (Northumbria Community)
by The Northumbria Community

5.0 out of 5 stars A daily help, 29 Sept. 2009
This is a wonderful book to help with personal and public devotion. It takes a little while to find your way around it, but definitately worth the effort. I use this book on a daily basis to help me focus on the really important thing in life.

Biblical Year 2010 Wall
Biblical Year 2010 Wall
by Timothy R Botts
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Artwork, 2 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Biblical Year 2010 Wall (Calendar)
I have had Timothy Botts calendars for quite a few years. The artwork is amazing and inspires me daily. The layout of the calendar is good too, although there are a few American dates printed on the calendar which do not match up with British dates. Highly recommended.

Ornami Silver Celtic Dropper Pendant 18" Curb Chain
Ornami Silver Celtic Dropper Pendant 18" Curb Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish pendant, 2 Sept. 2009
What a lovely pendant! It's larger than I thought it would be and makes a striking impact. I'll be buying more of these for Christmas presents. A great price for a stunning piece of jewellery.

The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder
The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder
by Jill Badonsky

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit cheesy!, 10 Jun. 2009
This book is beautifully produced - hard back on lovely quality paper. It has one page for every day of the year, and is packed with ideas to kick start your creativity. However, it may not appeal so much to British market as American and seems to me to be a bit cheesy, so to be honest, I'm not finding the book very inspirational and only dip into it from time to time.

A Durable Fire
A Durable Fire
by Barbara Keating

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally agree with other reviewers, 15 May 2009
This review is from: A Durable Fire (Paperback)
This book is just as good, if not better, than Blood Sisters. What a great read!

Blood Sisters
Blood Sisters
by Barbara Keating

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 8 May 2009
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
I really loved this book. It was recommended to me ages ago, I just wish I had read it earlier. Excellent charachters and interesting plot. I have also read the sequel 'A Durable Fire' which is just as good. The descriptions of Kenya take me back to my time there. Highly recommended.

The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Artist You Truly Are
The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Artist You Truly Are
by Danny Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 23 Feb. 2009
I received this book last week (Feb 09) and I love it! Full of ideas to get those creative juices flowing. I like the handwritten style - it makes you read more slowly to take it all in. Highly recommended to get over any creative block.

The Biblical Year
The Biblical Year
by Timothy R. Botts
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous calender!, 7 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Biblical Year (Calendar)
I get one of these calenders every year. Timothy Botts is an amazing calligrapher - his work is inspirational. There is also loads of room for writing in appointments/birthdays etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4