Profile for Moll Flanders > Reviews

Content by Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders "annie" (Varese Italy)

Around the Edges
Around the Edges

4.0 out of 5 stars quality music!, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: Around the Edges (Audio CD)
I've always known that Irma records publishes great music! This record is refined and captivating. I saw them performing a few nights ago, in a secret concert, we were so close to the stage and the performance was absolutely enthralling, they are generous and gifted artists.

[...]

Blackadder 3 - The Entire Historic Third Series [1987] [DVD]
Blackadder 3 - The Entire Historic Third Series [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars this is cunning !, 12 Feb 2006
Following my English teacher's advice I bought this fantanstic DVD! I ordered the whole series but this one was the first to arrive, it was love at first watch! All the episodes are well built and so funny! You can also appreciate the literature hints and the reconstructions of real historical episodes and people such as Dr. Johnson's dictionary, the Duke of Wellington and the Scarlet Pimpernel. In my opinion the funniest of the four.

Gunpowder, Treason And Plot [DVD] [2004]
Gunpowder, Treason And Plot [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle
Offered by rileys dvds

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID IT!!!, 22 Dec 2004
I bought this DVD because I thought that Robert Carlyle could not star in a bad film. I was wrong.
If you're just looking for a pleasant story, historically untrue, this product is for you. But if you want to see a good film and historically accurate do not buy it even if it is cheap.
The worst speech is between Mary and Bothwell: after making love she says:'We are both well, Bothwell'
I wanted to turn the TV off. I forced myself to finish it. In spite of everything Carlyle's performence is a good one.

Lady  Jane [DVD]
Lady Jane [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jane Lapotaire

5.0 out of 5 stars a fulfilling film, 22 Dec 2004
This review is from: Lady Jane [DVD] (DVD)
From the first images you understand that you are watching a good film,full of symbols hidden in the furniture and in the movementes of the actors. Moreover the story of Lady Jane is historically accurate, expecially when she is found reading Plato, while her parents are out hunting and at the end when she is struggling to reach the executioner's block. Even the love between the protagonists is true.
Helena Bonham Cartes is so real and intense in her acting, I think one of her best performances.
An outstanding film. The best if you love that period of History.