Profile for Gary Hyett > Reviews

Karcher WV50 cordless window vac and Small Head head attachment
Karcher WV50 cordless window vac and Small Head head attachment
Price: 64.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how much water it collects, 27 Feb 2014
Sucks up all the water off the windows in the morning without making the window look smeared afterwards.
On a cold morning it can amount to a good mugfull

Givi V35 Removable Internal Bag 34L (T443)
Givi V35 Removable Internal Bag 34L (T443)
Offered by DAYTONA MOTORCYCLES
Price: 54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes carrying luggage into hotel a lot easier, 18 Jun 2013
Neat and good quality construction that looks like it will stand the test of time and rough treatment. Good carrying straps and side compartments. Well shaped for the panniers

TomTom Rider v5 (Europe Maps, 4.3" Touchscreen)
TomTom Rider v5 (Europe Maps, 4.3" Touchscreen)
Price: 275.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Audio gets confused, 18 Jun 2013
Map detail, routes and menus are good. Have a previous Tom Tom so does all I was used to and expect.
I have tried to pair it with my Scala headset, and iphone and I also have a rider to pillion headset.
I know the rider to pillion and interface with the phone for music works fine.
Try and add the Tom Tom Rider and it all gets confused. Trying to revert back to Tom Tom instructions after a conversation with the pillion just doesn't always happen and I have had to do a factory reset to get the audio and pairing back.
I have reverted to unpairing the telephone with the tom tom and just having one or other. Either I can listen to music and chat to pillion or I can hear tom tom instructions and talk to pillion and also have to manually turn her off sometimes to get tom tom instructions when I need it as it won't break into a conversation even when we have been quiet for some time.
Fortunately, the screem display is good and most of the time just glancing down will do the job.
I was also hoping to use this in the car as it has lifetime maps and will be more unto date than my in car sat nav.
Despite bluetooth availablilty in the car for phone and built in sat nav, this tom tom will not pair and as it has no built in speaker will mean another 50 to get a powered mount with speaker. Rip off.